Changes to MC - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 Old 07-25-2012, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Garage
Changes to MC

What Changes would you like to see done on

This is our site we pay to be on here so we ought to be able to have input on what we want. Please post what changes you would like to see and if you have suggestions on how to change it post away. Together we can turn this site back to where it once was. Thank you..

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #2 of 42 Old 07-25-2012, 06:56 AM
Veteran Member

Bama-

You've been a member for a long time and are a regular visitor/poster. You always greet new people, and always comment when it's someone's birthday. With that being said, you know as well as I do the changes that have happened. There is a reason why people like Scotty, Anna, and Eric all left. Yes, the come back to visit from time to time, but if you notice, most of the original members are trickling down.

Here's what I'd like to see:

1) More information about CAMARO'S!! I really could care less that Dodge is recalling vehicles or that Honda is recalling the CR-V and CR-Z. This is a Camaro site and yet, we can't get information posted about new options, new colors, how Chevrolet is taking things off of the ZL1 and incorporating them in the SS and the 1LE. Where is all that info?!?! H*ll, MC can post a thread about VW and what tailored cars US buyers want. Who gives a sh*t, this is a Camaro site!!!

2) The homepage should have more on it than just MOTM. When I visit the home page, there should breaking news about the Camaro with links that I can click to obtain that information. Camaro5 has it, Camaro5150 has it, why can't Modern Camaro get it? The last bit of information put on the homepage was dated back in May, but yet we have MOTM's all the way back to February. Who really gives a sh*t about MOTM that happened 5 or 6 months ago.

3) An APP for both Iphone users and Droid users. Other sites have it, so I have to ask again, why can't Modern Camaro get it.

4) Don't get me started about MOTM and it's rules. Why you have to own a 5th Gen Camaro to be elgible is beyond me. How about someone that is useful, helps other's members out, and OWN's A Camaro.....??? The MOTM has become a joke.

5) How about a countdown or possibly links on the home page to major Camaro events? There are several National Camaro events that are Camaro only, but yet, you don't see or hear about ANY of them on the home page. Why???

Those are just a few examples of how to make this forum more informative. Yes, the people on here are relaxed, easy to get along with, but for crying out loud, I had to go to Camaro5 just to learn about the new DUSK Limited Edition.

Last edited by Bucky6702; 07-25-2012 at 07:17 AM.
post #3 of 42 Old 07-25-2012, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky6702 View Post
Bama-

You've been a member for a long time and are a regular visitor/poster. You always greet new people, and always comment when it's someone's birthday. With that being said, you know as well as I do the changes that have happened. There is a reason why people like Scotty, Anna, and Eric all left. Yes, the come back to visit from time to time, but if you notice, most of the original members are trickling down.

Here's what I'd like to see:

1) More information about CAMARO'S!! I really could care less that Dodge is recalling vehicles or that Honda is recalling the CR-V and CR-Z. This is a Camaro site and yet, we can't get information posted about new options, new colors, how Chevrolet is taking things off of the ZL1 and incorporating them in the SS and the 1LE. Where is all that info?!?! H*ll, MC can post a thread about VW and what tailored cars US buyers want. Who gives a sh*t, this is a Camaro site!!!

2) The homepage should have more on it than just MOTM. When I visit the home page, there should breaking news about the Camaro with links that I can click to obtain that information. Camaro5 has it, Camaro5150 has it, why can't Modern Camaro get it? The last bit of information put on the homepage was dated back in May, but yet we have MOTM's all the way back to February. Who really gives a sh*t about MOTM that happened 5 or 6 months ago.

3) An APP for both Iphone users and Droid users. Other sites have it, so I have to ask again, why can't Modern Camaro get it.

4) Don't get me started about MOTM and it's rules. Why you have to own a 5th Gen Camaro to be elgible is beyond me. How about someone that is useful, helps other's members out, and OWN's A Camaro.....??? The MOTM has become a joke.

5) How about a countdown or possibly links on the home page to major Camaro events? There are several National Camaro events that are Camaro only, but yet, you don't see or hear about ANY of them on the home page. Why???

Those are just a few examples of how to make this forum more informative. Yes, the people on here are relaxed, easy to get along with, but for crying out loud, I had to go to Camaro5 just to learn about the new DUSK Limited Edition.
I know and thats why i am going to try and help to turn this site around.

post #4 of 42 Old 07-25-2012, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Garage
Here is the message i sent to autoguide about . I hope they will get back with me.

I would like to know who is in charge of www.moderncamaro.com site. We have several members not very happy with how our site is being run. We dont get any updates of camaro stuff ( ie. the Dusk Camaro). I would like to be in contact with them to start making some changes we feel if we are paying for this site we ought to have some input on what goes into our site. For example we dont need 4-5 months of our MOTM (member of the month) on the home page. So please have someone contact me in this matter. I have been a member of moderncamaro for almost 4 years and most members look to me for answers. Thank you for your time and attention into this matter..... Robert (bamaproshop)

post #5 of 42 Old 07-25-2012, 08:47 AM
Veteran Member

Awesome job Bama..... Thanks for the initiative!! There is always hope that we can turn this site back into what it once was.....
post #6 of 42 Old 07-25-2012, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky6702 View Post
Awesome job Bama..... Thanks for the initiative!! There is always hope that we can turn this site back into what it once was.....

I agree we just need someone that cares on their end like we care

post #7 of 42 Old 07-25-2012, 09:11 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaproshop View Post
I agree we just need someone that cares on their end like we care
X2!!

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #8 of 42 Old 07-25-2012, 01:39 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Unfortunately...I don't think that person exists...because if they do...just send them my way...I've got an earful for them...lol

Like I said in Bucky's thread...I contacted Helena early this year about several things but mostly about how they are handling the sponsors. In the past, our sponsors have been a great source for information, products and input. Let's face it...many of them are experts with far more knowledge and experience than most of us have. It really bothers me that they would jack up the prices for sponsorship...yet offer less than was being offered when Tim ran the site. How the hell can you charge more for less and expect to keep sponsors? So I pointed a few things out like the fact that there is NO VENDOR LIST in the nav bar at the top of the homepage...like every other car site on the internet has and when you click on the sponsor list up in the upper left hand corner of the homepage in the Nav Box you get a pathetically outdated list of vendors...most of which aren't even sponsors anymore...not to mention that only 1 of the 44 links to their websites actually work. I also mentioned incorporating more levels of sponsorship to accommodate vendors with fewer products or services to sell.

Here was her response to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator
The advertise section, i should close and get rid of on the nav bar. The sales team is flaky and doesn't give me proper info on vendors, so i keep out. There is the vendor form that should show users who vendors are.
I thought WTH? There isn't even a vendor list on the Nav bar.

Then a week later I got this response...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator
The Vendor thing got me thinking, i am getting something installed.

Thanks for the help on it.
But not one thing has changed since then and that was sent to me on Feb. 16th.

The sponsor issue is just one of the many things that I brought up to Helena in my pm so you see I have been trying to facilitate some changes around here. But more recently...it has become my opinion that as long as no one with any control over this site gives a crap...nothings gonna change around here.

And it still remains a fact that there isn't one single place on this site where you can find a complete list of current sponsors..so how in the world are we supposed to support these guys? Personally...I think the way we're handling sponsorships is an embarrassment!

Last edited by Envy; 07-25-2012 at 01:41 PM.
post #9 of 42 Old 07-25-2012, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Garage
Thats why im going over her head Hillary. Helena hasn't done much well hell she hasn't done anything to improve this site Hopefully someone will message me back and we can start getting some changes done.

I won't give up and i hope you all won't either.

post #10 of 42 Old 07-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaproshop View Post
Thats why im going over her head Hillary. Helena hasn't done much well hell she hasn't done anything to improve this site Hopefully someone will message me back and we can start getting some changes done.

I won't give up and i hope you all won't either.
Helena did ban me on her 1st day Robert...lol...so she did try to improve the site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page