A Funny Thing Happened On My Way To BBOMG - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 83 Old 08-10-2012, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Bully Proof

Garage
A Funny Thing Happened On My Way To BBOMG

Well not really that funny...lol. I got a very late start on my drive to Oshawa on Wednesday because I had to get the new cut-outs installed in the morning. It was supposedly a one hour job but almost three hours later I was still sitting there waiting. Turns out that the switch was bad too so I drove 90 miles round trip to Race Ready Performance to get a new switch. By the time I got home it was 5:00 so I waited for traffic to die down and we left.

And to make a very looooong story short...I got arrested and thrown in jail about 60 miles north of Dallas so I spent Wednesday night in jail. And by the time I got out of jail yesterday morning...I had been up for three days with only 5 hours of sleep so there was no way I could make the drive straight through to Canada...not to mention the fact that I'm now not allowed to cross the state line much less leave the country. So months of planning and a bucket of money dumped into my Camaro was all for nothing...and I've never been so disappointed and bummed out in my life.
post #2 of 83 Old 08-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
Interesting... Why did you get arrested and thrown in jail?

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #3 of 83 Old 08-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
What happened? That sucks you would have enjoy BBOMG4

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #4 of 83 Old 08-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
why jail???

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd 426hp
December 2013 Member of the Month
post #5 of 83 Old 08-10-2012, 03:03 PM
See You On Course

Ummmm.... that's not making a long story short, that's putting War & Peace on a sticky note....

How the heck did you end up in jail?

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

post #6 of 83 Old 08-10-2012, 04:54 PM

Dang.....I think you need to change the post to "a Bad thing happened on the way....." I'm thinking it had something to do with the fact you were late getting a start and maybe going a little to fast?

2010 2SS/RS VR Artic White Stripes M6, 69 Camaro coupe 383 PB PS Air Tilt Auto Thorley Headers
post #7 of 83 Old 08-10-2012, 06:34 PM
sdk
Veteran Member

Garage
Jail? She looks so sweet and innocent?! What's the rest of the story?

2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina
post #8 of 83 Old 08-10-2012, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Bully Proof

Garage
Not enough info eh?

Okay…it’s all kind of embarrassing…but here’s what happened. Apparently I wasn’t paying attention...because I was talking to my niece and traveling with a couple other cars down the Interstate…but a Texas State Trooper clocked me at 97 in a 65. I saw the lights in my rear view mirror so I took the next exit and stopped. When the trooper approached my open window instead of asking for my license and insurance he asked my niece and I to get out of the car and and to step around to the rear of the car. The trooper then said he wanted to search my car (which isn’t legal in Texas without a warrant) but I gave my consent because I had no reason not to.

The first thing the trooper found was an unmarked bottle of Tylenol in my glove box which he refused to believe was Tylenol…next he found a small green container full of cinnamon Altoids in my console…which he apparently thought was some kind of new designer drug even though I told him what they were…so that got him really excited…then he searched all of our luggage and he found a joint of marijuana in my niece’s bag. The trooper asked whose pot it was and my niece never fessed up so I eventually said it was mine.

I learned a few things in my teenage years and one of them was if NO ONE takes responsibility EVERYONE goes to jail…plus there’s no way I’m telling the family that my niece got busted on my watch…lol. So for me….the admission was a no brainer…that way my niece went free to drive Envy home and save her from a towing to the impound lot and although I've never been arrested before I was pretty sure a night in jail wasn’t going to kill me.

Since I know in the State of Texas anything under two ounces is a misdemeanor and usually results in the confiscation of the drugs and a $200 ticket I asked the trooper what the deal was on the ride to the station. He informed me that the State Troopers have a zero tolerance policy and arrest for any amount.

So there you have it…I went to jail for a joint, some Tylenol and some breath mints…lol…and I was issued a warning for the 97 in a 65.

Last edited by Envy; 08-10-2012 at 09:24 PM.
post #9 of 83 Old 08-10-2012, 09:29 PM
Veteran Member

Wtf envy!!! You're missing a good party.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #10 of 83 Old 08-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Supporting Super Moderator

Well you got my story beat I posted on Facebook with my surprise visit from the donut gang.

2010 Camaro RS SS LS3 (Bumble Bee) Vin#192 & 8 others made by GM and one Christine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page