Should be fired... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 08-22-2012, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
See You On Course

Should be fired...

If she had listened, he wouldn't have had to get forceful with her. You can clearly tell she's drunk. When he goes to push her against her car, she trips over the curb (that she apparently has already driven her car over) and slams her head into the car.

Who's right? The debate I'm sure will get heated and escalate to this thread closing at some point.

In my view:

-She's drunk and uncooperative, she should go to jail.
-He was impatient and she really wasn't doing anything wrong, other than not following his order to stay in the car, and get off the phone.

Either way, he should be fired for treating a Camaro like that. C'mon, next time just body slam her to the ground, but don't hit the Camaro!

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

post #2 of 6 Old 08-22-2012, 10:44 AM

**** **** got real
it does look bad for the cop just shoving her into the car.
some cops are just having a bad day/impatient. maybe he got fire cause this was not his first disorderly conduct.
seriously though she wasnt even a threat-

"Spending money I don't have, to buy parts I don't need, to impress people I don't know!" -Jenkins
post #3 of 6 Old 08-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
The police officer has been terminated and charged with criminal battery after the incident was reviewed by the department.

The lady was pulled over because her car matched the description of a hit and run driver that hit two vehicles and fled the scene earlier...so it's not like he was going to release her when he asked her to get back in the car. The lady did not file a report on the officer for excessive force but his superiors felt that his use of force was not necessary and inappropriate in this case.

IMO...just another example of justice being served on both parties.
post #4 of 6 Old 08-22-2012, 11:27 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Great news! We don't need asshats like that wearing badges.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Veteran Member

This was a huge debate at work today and here's my point; so take it for what it's worth.

I completely agree that she should have listened and all this could have been avoided..... However, IMO- she didn't resist being arrested. Yes, she was disobeying a Law Enforcement Officer, but I didn't see her putting up a fight or resisting anything in which need that much force. Was she questioning him? Yes, and you can hear that in the video. Was there a need for that much force on his part? No- plain and simple. She still has rights, even though she was intoxicated, and I believe he took it too far. If you listen closely to the audio, he loses his temper before he ever gets out of the car. That, more than likely, is what got him in trouble. He threw her a total of 3 times against the car. The second one was clearly uncalled for. The 3rd one is the way he should have handled her the entire time.

Had that been my daughter, Chyanne, being slammed up against a car like that, I would have come unglued. Did she deserve to go to jail? Yes, but in no way should the officer have treated her that way.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
This happend near where I live, I had not heard that she was drunk. The news report stated that he was a veteran office and should have know better and yes he has been fired for exessive force as well he should have been and the city of P cola will have to repair the Camaro if there is any dammage.

2013 LT2/RS, Crystal Red Metallic, TAZ Jr.
2016 H-D Ultra Classic, Black Fire Purple, (PPE)
2015 H-D Street Glide, Superior Blue. (Old Blue) Traded
2012 Big Horn, RAM, Crew Cab, SLT, Dark Cherry Red Pearl (Betty Boop)
1998 Honda Accord 2d, daily driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page