PDIM JUST INSTALLED! BlueTooth Music streamig is a must! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 08-27-2012, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

PDIM JUST INSTALLED! BlueTooth Music streamig is a must!

Just upgraded the 3.5mm aux jack in the center console of my 2012 1LT to the PDIM for USB and Bluetooth streaming. This thing rocks! If you don't have a pdim already, I highly recommend it. I love the ability to now be able to stream Pandora (bye bye XM) from my smart phone or dump mu own music onto a thumb drive and connect to USB. The only thing I have not tried yet is connecting a tablet and seeing if you can stream like net-flix through the audio system as well etc. This is a must have upgrade if your a tech junky and like to use your smart phone and tablets to their full potentials!!

Camaro Personal Device Interface Module Pdim - 22872777 - Electronics - Camaro - 2012 - Chevrolet
post #2 of 10 Old 08-28-2012, 04:57 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah you can do it with an iPhone and the system in the 2ss. Cool but I just use the USB cable and charge it at the same time.

2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS ZEX Wet Shot, Typhoon 63 series CAI, DR Formato Tuned
JULY 2013 M.O.M winner!

post #3 of 10 Old 08-28-2012, 10:15 PM

Thank you OP Ive been holding back on doing this lol -
How much did the dealer charger you for installtion/labor?

"Spending money I don't have, to buy parts I don't need, to impress people I don't know!" -Jenkins
post #4 of 10 Old 08-30-2012, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Hey i2,

The dealer charged me $185 for the device and 2hours labor $85 per hour....I could have done this myself and it seems pretty straight forward "BUT!...Big BUT" that played a factor is I would have had to take to the dealership anyways to have the software upgraded on my radio for it to be detected plus....Where I had them install it and it is a GM certified part it is cover under my full warranty...If I was to do it myself and yes the dealership would do the programming but I would take the chance of losing all warranty related issues in my radio if need me so for peace of mind I opted to spend a little more for protection in the future if need be.

I love this thing though! It does not display on the radio if your running Pandora say...But it will display your USB information! The thing rocks!!
post #5 of 10 Old 08-30-2012, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

When I say USB info...I am speaking of if you put all your music on a USB memory stick/Thumb drive etc...It shows all your info....And even though Internet Radio does not display it is nice having my smartphone {Motorola Razr Maxx} on a dock with no wires needing to be plugged into a headphone jack or USB having it be totally clean and hands free...Also when using a memory stick your steering wheel controls work great to skip songs play random play by artist genre etc....But when using Pandora or something through your smart phone just be aware of Data usage on your plan...If you atleast have 2-4 GB of Data usage you will be fine...It does not use much at all say using 1-2 hours a day!
post #6 of 10 Old 08-31-2012, 12:14 AM

Awsome Thanks This Will Get Done Soon. And Yeah I Hear You On The No Hassel With Wire/Hands Free. I dont have those steering wheel controls though

"Spending money I don't have, to buy parts I don't need, to impress people I don't know!" -Jenkins
post #7 of 10 Old 08-31-2012, 04:44 AM Thread Starter

I believe you can get those steering wheel controls installed as well ;-)
post #8 of 10 Old 09-07-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicity View Post
Just upgraded the 3.5mm aux jack in the center console of my 2012 1LT to the PDIM for USB and Bluetooth streaming. This thing rocks! If you don't have a pdim already, I highly recommend it. I love the ability to now be able to stream Pandora (bye bye XM) from my smart phone or dump mu own music onto a thumb drive and connect to USB. The only thing I have not tried yet is connecting a tablet and seeing if you can stream like net-flix through the audio system as well etc. This is a must have upgrade if your a tech junky and like to use your smart phone and tablets to their full potentials!!

Camaro Personal Device Interface Module Pdim - 22872777 - Electronics - Camaro - 2012 - Chevrolet
Unfortunately, my 2011 LS doesn't have Bluetooth or a USB port.
post #9 of 10 Old 01-03-2014, 09:29 PM

I'm new to this Modern Camaro Forum and I'd like to say hi to start. I joined because I just installed the PDMI in my 2012 Camaro and was wondering if anyone knows that after install does the 3.5 aux jack stop working as well until the radio is reprogrammed by dealer? Thanks
post #10 of 10 Old 01-09-2014, 09:09 AM

Got radio and PDMI updated and works great!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page