Chevy dealer sells car for wrong price, buyer arrested - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 Old 10-10-2012, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Chevy dealer sells car for wrong price, buyer arrested

Not a good week for Chevrolet dealers.

A Virginia man spent four hours in jail after purchasing a Chevrolet Traverse from Priority Chevrolet in Chesapeake, VA. The dealer's sales staff accidentally sold the SUV to Danny Sawyer for $5,600 less than they should have, and when Sawyer refused to sign a new, more expensive contract for the correct amount, the dealership called the local police alleging the buyer had stolen the vehicle. Law enforcement then picked Sawyer up and held him for four hours before getting the situation straight.

Dennis Ellmer, president of Priority Chevrolet, says he owes Sawyer an...

Read on:

Chevy dealer sells car for wrong price, apologizes after having buyer arrested
post #2 of 32 Old 10-10-2012, 02:08 PM
Veteran Member

And now he has a lawsuit pending for 2.2 Million Dollars!!! Wow...... Not a good week for GM Dealerships apparently.
post #3 of 32 Old 10-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Supporter of common sense

So much fail in that story. Obviously the dealer sales team and management. Then we have the greedy-assed lawyers and plaintiff. $2.2M? Right...

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #4 of 32 Old 10-10-2012, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Yeah 2.2 mil for "damages". I'm not sure what "damages" occurred, 4 hours in jail is worth nothing near that
post #5 of 32 Old 10-11-2012, 09:43 AM

Why can't things like this happen to me? lol. I bet he could get more than 2 million out of this. I feel bad for Chevy, clearly all the dealers fault.

-2012 45th Anniversary 2SS/RS--Pfadt Race Engineering Drop Springs,Razzi Body Kit,Headlight Armor tinted taillights/emblems,Airaid CAI,SW Retro Chambered Catback & SP 1 7/8 Headers with High Flow Cats,JDP Color Changing Halos,P13W Fog Light Upgrade Plasma Bulbs,Fog Light/DRL Harness Kit,Skip Shift Eliminator, Elite Engineering Catch Can
post #6 of 32 Old 10-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Supporter of common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSMan View Post
Yeah 2.2 mil for "damages". I'm not sure what "damages" occurred, 4 hours in jail is worth nothing near that
It's the sickening sense of entitlement that has consumed the people of this country.

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #7 of 32 Old 10-11-2012, 10:58 AM
See You On Course

Nobody in their right mind would expect 2.2 million dollars for 4 hours of jail. But certain lawyers that have dollar signs where their morals should be are the problem, because I'm sure they convinced the victim that they deserved it, just for their "commission".

Not saying all lawyers are bad, but being a party of a recent legal skirmish, I was reinforced that there are good, as well as evil, lawyers in this world.

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

post #8 of 32 Old 10-11-2012, 12:54 PM

Garage
I know what you mean Cuoncrs. Been there,done that, got the same T-shirt!!!
post #9 of 32 Old 10-14-2012, 06:13 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
It's the sickening sense of entitlement that has consumed the people of this country.
I disagree with that. That dealership had no business having him arrested. 4 hours in jail, no he has a arrest record, will have to appear in court for something the dealer did and is making him pay. $2.2 Mil, sounds good to me and I would hope it puts that dealer out of business.

The sense of "entitlement" falls on the dealers shoulders, they made a bad deal and lost money, they should live with it so now they are gonna have to pay.
post #10 of 32 Old 10-14-2012, 06:59 PM

Vintage-Iron,

I'm not sure from where you are coming on what you posted. The only reason the buyer is going to court is because he has elected to sue the dealer. As to the arrest record, even though the buyer spent 4 hours in jail, he may not have been arrested but merely detained. There is a significant difference, I believe. Being detained will not create an arrest record.

Any lawyers out there care to comment?

The dealer clearly needs to do some heavy training with his sales and managerial staff and certainly should not have called the police charging that the car was stolen. That was a really big mistake for which the dealer should compensate the buyer. However, $2.2 million seems a bit high. I would think compensation at about $200 per hour spent in jail and a lifetime of the car free service agreement would suffice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page