Why did you fall in love with American Muscle Cars? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 10-18-2012, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Why did you fall in love with American Muscle Cars?

I have a few stories but the one I remember the most is when I was 6 my dad's business partner at that time had a red 1966 Mustang Coupe with a 289 automatic in it. During the summer when I was on summer break I would ride with him to make deliveries and he would have the windows down, AM radio blasting 60's music and I could hear that wonderful V8 sound and I knew then that I would one day own a car like that and I have been in love with American Muscle ever since.

So it doesnt matter really if it's a Camaro, Mustang, Challenger, Corvette or whatever it may be, it's American Muscle and no other country can lay claim to what we have and we need to enjoy it as a group instead of blasting another person if they drive a Mustang or another brand of American Muscle, its all good!
post #2 of 14 Old 10-18-2012, 08:07 PM

I was the 4th in a family of 5 and there was 11 years between my sister and I, she had friends that had a 63 Corvette, 68 Hemi RoadRunner a 67 triple white Cyclone 390 4sp and a GTO judge. Can't beat that 60's muscle
post #3 of 14 Old 10-19-2012, 01:46 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Back in the 80s my first car was 69 Impala coupe with the larger 427 engine. She was silver and had a set of camaro rims on her with the center hub cap. In 69 the Impala was a long boat of a car. The 427 got her moving fast - it did however take her a bit to slow down. I eventually went through that 427 twice overhauling it once myself and paying to have it done during a summer spent in Chicago in 1989. I hung on to her for most of my college days. Thankfully gas was around $1 a gallon.

I ventured into Ford territory and purchased a 35th Anniversary Edition Mustang GT coupe in 99. Then a stock GT was putting out 265 HP. In 13 years I didnt have to put a dime of repairs into the GT aside from normal maintenance. It was also a good car and we road tripped to Montana and Reno and back several times together. But I still wanted to get back to the 400 HP territory, and back to my Chevy roots. When I saw the Camaro resurrected, I knew someday she would be mine.

My 45th Anniversary Edition SS Coupe is my new mistress. The Wife knows Im cheating on her, and shes made peace with it for now (as long as I curb my addiction to mods). You have to love American Muscle I have most of my life!

Who knew the fountain of youth came with 400+ HP!
ModernCamaro Car of the Month July 2014
post #4 of 14 Old 10-19-2012, 04:25 AM

Garage
Cars

I fell in love with Chevy muscle cars back in middle school in the 70s when i saw my first Nova.
post #5 of 14 Old 10-19-2012, 06:47 AM
See You On Course

As a kid, my parents knew I was into cars. I hat Hot Wheels/Matchbox, little pedal cars to ride in, and I always looked at cool cars. It's in my blood. My love for muscle cars probably started with Smokey and the Bandit. I still have a soft spot for a T/A with a large bird on the hood. Again, if the funds were different, I would have one in my collection.

The first muscle car that I REALLY wanted, was the Mustang from Inner Space, if you remember that movie. Loved it, wanted it so bad.

I've owned all sorts of fun cars, but muscle is where I'm the happiest.

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

post #6 of 14 Old 10-19-2012, 06:57 AM
Veteran Member

The Irocz28, and the Buick Grand National. Was a teenager and those were my fav 2 cars at the time. Also when I started hating Fords lol

2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS ZEX Wet Shot, Typhoon 63 series CAI, DR Formato Tuned
JULY 2013 M.O.M winner!

post #7 of 14 Old 10-19-2012, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strick View Post
The Irocz28, and the Buick Grand National. Was a teenager and those were my fav 2 cars at the time. Also when I started hating Fords lol
It took exactly 5 posts before the Ford bashing began, thats a sign of insecurity..

On a lighter note yea I had Hot Wheels, models and all the normal Muscle Car stuff starting at about 6 or 7..
post #8 of 14 Old 10-19-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage-Iron View Post
It took exactly 5 posts before the Ford bashing began, thats a sign of insecurity..

On a lighter note yea I had Hot Wheels, models and all the normal Muscle Car stuff starting at about 6 or 7..
I had Hot Wheels also as well as slot cars
Helped my dad change an engine when I was about 8-10 and he taught me how to drive standard in the yard when I was 12.
post #9 of 14 Old 10-19-2012, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stpman View Post
I had Hot Wheels also as well as slot cars
Helped my dad change an engine when I was about 8-10 and he taught me how to drive standard in the yard when I was 12.

Yep I had those electric race car sets, I would always buy more of the straight pieces and made my own drag strip and I bet it was 20ft long in the basement of my mom's and dad's, I never cared about the curvy sections! Its all about that 1/4 mile!
post #10 of 14 Old 10-19-2012, 06:39 PM
sdk
Veteran Member

Garage
Way back in the 1960s my two older brothers were interested in, but never owned muscle cars. Hot Rod Magazine was delivered to our mailbox every month. I remember when the Mustang came out. Muscle cars were everywhere until the gas crisis of 1973, then things seemed to go downhill. I'm glad to see the return of muscle cars. Ricers suck!!

2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page