Testing of the 2013 Camaro 1SS - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 11-30-2012, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Testing of the 2013 Camaro 1SS

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to share my experience in the 2013 Camaro 1SS. I got to test it yesterday, having 29 miles on it! It was definitely an impressive ride! No doubt, the power of the engine and smooth handling was exactly what you'd expect from a Chevrolet Camaro.

Here she is:

Testing of the 2013 Camaro 1SS-camaro.jpg

It was too cold to ride with the top down, but away I went! My favorite part of the ride was ease of driving. I was low in the seat (I'm a small girl) so it definitely took some getting used to. By the end of the drive, I couldn't swipe the grin off my face

My coworker, Brandon, rode along as well since he works the Camaro5 forum. Here we are!

Testing of the 2013 Camaro 1SS-camaro-2.jpg

I'd love to hear any other first impressions/experiences. In the meantime, have a great weekend!

-Ashley
GM Customer Assistance

Available 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM EST
post #2 of 14 Old 11-30-2012, 06:32 PM
sdk
Veteran Member

Garage
I've had mine 3 years and I still smile every time I get behind the wheel!!!

2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina
post #3 of 14 Old 11-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Me too! Since 2009! My car makes me happy.It's been over 3 years, and it still makes me happy every time!

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #4 of 14 Old 12-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Support MC & Troops

Your so lucky... that grin will never go away

The interior.. as you being small (buttons, location of every thing, the feel) ?
Hows the roof.. any sounds.. at higher speeds "any flapping noise" ?
The top (?).. some issues were to be fixed on the 2013's vs the 11's n' 12's
does the top feel like its built better than the older models ?
I really wanna get a 2013 or 2014 vert

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #5 of 14 Old 12-03-2012, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

hotrodhoodrat,

The interior: I loved the feel of the seats. Very smooth and comfortable. Everything I wanted to check out was within arms reach so no problems there. The buttons seem standard besides the Mylink which was a fun feature to check out as usual. I may need a booster seat the next time I drive though

The roof: I didn't hear any sounds or wind noise coming through. Before we took off we did put the top down just to check it out and see how easy it was to lower. Surprisingly it was a matter of a twist of the handle on the roof for the top and pushing of the button to lower. Worked great, so no issues there.

If you are looking for an upgrade I definitely recommend checking out some new Camaros at your local dealership. I'd love to hear your thoughts as well. And I am always here as well if there is something specific you need me to locate for you. Just let me know!

Ashley,
Chevrolet Customer Assistance

Last edited by Chevy Customer Service; 12-03-2012 at 03:26 PM. Reason: grammar error
post #6 of 14 Old 12-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Customer Service View Post
hotrodhoodrat,

The interior: I loved the feel of the seats. Very smooth and comfortable. Everything I wanted to check out was within arms reach so no problems there. The buttons seem standard besides the Mylink which was a fun feature to check out as usual. I may need a booster seat the next time I drive though

The roof: I didn't hear any sounds or wind noise coming through. Before we took off we did put the top down just to check it out and see how easy it was to lower. Surprisingly it was a matter of a twist of the handle on the roof for the top and pushing of the button to lower. Worked great, so no issues there.

If you are looking for an upgrade I definitely recommend checking out some new Camaros at your local dealership. I'd love to hear your thoughts as well. And I am always here as well if there is something specific you need me to locate for you. Just let me know!

Ashley,

I sent you a PM 3 days ago and you never responded.

Last edited by Vintage-Iron; 12-03-2012 at 05:28 PM. Reason: typo as usual!
post #7 of 14 Old 12-03-2012, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage-Iron View Post
I sent you a PM 3 days ago and you never responded.

Vintage-Iron,

Sorry about that! I did not work over the weekend so I am working to catch up with the weekend activity over the web. I have responded to your message.

Ashley
GM Customer Assistance

post #8 of 14 Old 12-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Support MC & Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Customer Service View Post
hotrodhoodrat,

Ashley,
ThX Ashley,
I have two very supportive dealers.. to go to.. once I get ready to go for the vert../plunge.,
Sadly those dealers are not local tho.. so the wife N' I will have to travel to get our vert.. plus our dealers in our area... have less knowledge than me wife does.. haha.. she barely knows much a bought cars but more than the last few dealers we spoke to a year ago.
Me wife is only 5'5" .. so she's short..I guess.. I'm 5'10" so.. she's always going to be in the co-drivers seat..(she doesn't drive) "sorry" for getting side tracked.. LOL
I herd.. the 13's got new features in the interior.. the seat (adjustment) was to be improved.. & the controls are easier to reach to, for shorter people.
I'm concerned over all with the top.. so many have complained over the bladder filling and seeping into the floor & the (vert) frame binding up, lastly the rub marks N' ohh.. the top (T) cover.. some people were saying it flaps when you have it on... GM stated they were going to fix all these issues ether in early 13's or late 13, have those been fixed ?

ThX Ashley.. for all your help and giving us your feed-back.. its been very helpful ! "Thank you" !
If you get a chance.. please check our vert threads.. to see more defined issues people been having or posting, it might help w/my questions or others that might ask in the future

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #9 of 14 Old 12-05-2012, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

hotrodhoodrat,

You might be interested in checking out the 2013 Model brochure! You can download it on this page: Chevy Vehicles | Download a Brochure | Chevrolet
Lots of cool features to check out.

I have not heard of any persistent issue with the 2013 model year. So, it seems that enhancements are doing their job. If you get the chance to take at look at the 2013 Camaro let me know! I'd love to hear your thoughts

Thanks!
Ashley

post #10 of 14 Old 12-05-2012, 01:37 PM
See You On Course

Sad that green is gone. My favorite color, and if I wasn't so **** impulsive, I could have waited to find one, not that I don't love my blue.

I understand that it probably costs Chevy more to produce the less popular colors, but they could charge extra for them.

As for the change to the "more standard" steering wheel (as talked about in a thread here), if they would replace the Chevy bowtie with a Camaro logo on the airbag cover, it would look less cheap, and less like a Chevy Malibu steering wheel. The center of the steering wheel is what you see every time you get in. The bowtie is polarizing even among Chevy fans.

Just my 2 cents, add it to other people's if they feel the same way.

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page