Halo Fog Lights? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 12-01-2012, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Halo Fog Lights?

Has anyone changed out their regular fog lights for the HALO's that AAC sales? It said "some" cutting is required and you can do both under 2 hours? I sent them a question awhile ago but never heard back from them. Do you have to take the complete front end off and just how much is "some" cutting required. Hope someone perhap has done this and I figured more people would read it from the MC lounge. Thanks for reading my post??
Michael in Virginia

:
post #2 of 10 Old 12-04-2012, 01:48 PM

Don't let taking the facia (fender) off scare you. It is literally only four locations of bolt sets. Wasn't too tough .
post #3 of 10 Old 12-04-2012, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQdDude View Post
Don't let taking the facia (fender) off scare you. It is literally only four locations of bolt sets. Wasn't too tough .
What I really question is where it saids "some cutting is nessary" Do you have them??

:
post #4 of 10 Old 12-05-2012, 08:07 AM
See You On Course

Have you searched youtube? I seem to remember seeing a video of someone doing the halos on there. Seemed like a process, but I don't remember cutting. The one I saw was adding halos into the current fog light structure.

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

post #5 of 10 Old 12-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
I bought a set of green halos for my car but opted to never install them because it wasn't the cutting that alarmed me. You have to remove you front bumper cover (fascia) then completely remove your headlamps...then you open them up...install the AAC halos...then you have to bake them in an oven to reseal the headlamps (in order for them to be airtight so no moisture gets in) and even my performance shop was unwilling to do it so there was no way in hell that I was going to do it on my own.

My situation was a little different than most peoples though because my car came as a non-RS model and I paid a small fortune for the RS headlamp upgrade at the dealership and another $525 to the performance shop to install them because the dealership could not figure out how to do so. So with 2K invested in my headlamp upgrade...I was not willing to take the chance that something might go wrong with the baking process.

The cutting they are referring to is to the wiring because you have to splice in the new halos into the headlamp wiring system. Many people have done this upgrade...so it's obviously very doable. But I tell you all this because I want you to be aware of the entire process involved in installing the AAC halos.

Last edited by Envy; 12-05-2012 at 08:45 AM.
post #6 of 10 Old 12-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
Oops...I see you were asking about the fog lights not the headlamps. The fog light install IS much simplier and there are videos available for the process. I'd give you a link but C5 won't let me to even look at their site anymore...lol
post #7 of 10 Old 12-05-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangomr View Post
What I really question is where it saids "some cutting is nessary" Do you have them??
No I do not. Just wanted to convey taking the fascia off isn't too hard .
post #8 of 10 Old 12-06-2012, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Oops...I see you were asking about the fog lights not the headlamps. The fog light install IS much simplier and there are videos available for the process. I'd give you a link but C5 won't let me to even look at their site anymore...lol
I think I've looked at enough video's tonight to see that I don't have the tools for this job and I don't want to get over my head in this project. Their is cutting once you get the fog light base holder out (or whatever you call it) and it showed a band saw to do the cutting or shaving is what I would call it. Anyway it was a thought and I may still do it but not during the winter months since my garage does not have a door on it. Thanks Envy & all Michael in Virginia

:
post #9 of 10 Old 12-12-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
I see ! One of the missing people.
post #10 of 10 Old 12-12-2012, 06:01 PM

Garage
Somebody posted these "blinglight Halos'' they looked good every thing built into the lights.
Product Detail

Not sure if they are any good but looked interesting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page