Just Not My Days - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 12-28-2012, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

Just Not My Days

well after the Christmas Holiday I guess I have had a turn of bad luck. Wednesday a really wet storm came thru and there was standing water everywhere. The rains had stopped before sunset and I had to go to work the next day. On my way to work I had noticed the roads were really dry considering the heavy rains we had. Well about a mile from my house the road drops into a valley with a 30' bridge. As soon as the back tires hit the bridge I felt the truck sliding to the right barrier. Some major countersteering took place and skid marks were left (not on the asphalt ). The front end drops off onto a soft shoulder where they are doing some utility work and nothing makor occured.
Well this morning I was a few minutes behind schedule to leave for work.. no big deal since I arrive on the early side of the hour anyways... front windshield cleared of any frost build up but the side windows are tinted and a little frost still hanging on. I was just leaving city limits and had just lowered my 1st cup of coffee down from my second sip... out of nowhere a yearling dear darts across and body slams itself into the front of the truck... I didn't have time to even hit the brakes...

So I gave my truck a bullnose look this morning... If you cant DODGE IT... RAM IT!!!

the good news... I made it to work on time and inspected the damage closer... lost the custom tag and frame, dented the bumper center too bad to rework, busted the lower air dam and cracked the side marker lights and grille.
all the after market suppliers want 200 just for the chrome bumper.. no top cap or lower chin or air dam. I was informed to try to see if PULL-A-Part in Charlotte had one... $55 with air dam, no lower chin or upper cap...dso hopefully my luck will change...

The deer.. a yearling too busted up to even think about road kill cafe.. I rolled over top of it after impact.
It could have been a LOT worse.. I could have been driving the Camaro, Trans Am, Corvette, or Mustang...

Hope 2013 is a better year!!!
post #2 of 5 Old 12-28-2012, 07:42 PM
sdk
Veteran Member

Garage
Ouch!!

2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina
post #3 of 5 Old 12-28-2012, 07:52 PM

Sorry for your luck man....and as you stated, glad you were not in one of your hotrods.

JANUARY 2012 MODERN CAMARO MEMBER OF THE MONTH
JUNE 2012 CAMARONEWS.COM CAR OF THE MONTH
http://5thgencarolinacamaros.webs.com/
post #4 of 5 Old 12-29-2012, 08:56 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
It could have been a LOT worse.. I could have been driving the Camaro, Trans Am, Corvette, or Mustang...

Or on a bike like me!! I got lucky tho. The deer came off of a hillside and above me. I caught it out of the corner of my eye and got intimate with the tank real fast! It went over my head clipping my helmet and leaving scrape marks!! Was quite a show for my wingman....

Hope you get your truck sorted out quickly and relatively cheaply.

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #5 of 5 Old 12-29-2012, 09:17 AM
ユキヒョウ

It could've been much worse. At least you're ok.

2019 1SS/1LE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page