Mass Effect (XBox 360) - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 12-21-2007, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Mass Effect (XBox 360)

Easily one of the best action/RPGs I've played in YEARS. The story is amazing, the acting is spectacular, and it's just an all around great game. I gotta tell you though...Expect to die...alot.

If you buy this game, be warned, the Noveria quest is a *****. The final battle is a f'n pita. After about 100 tries I finally made it through. Unity is your best friend in this situation and don't cover behind crates or anything moveable, because they're going to get tossed like your salad in this battle.

My suggestion is to take out the two up the stairs FAST. They'll pwn you if you don't. Then face right and start tossing grenades. After you kill those guys run to where they were, then left and up the stairs. Be careful and just take out the remaining two. Turn back around and take care of the two more that appeared in the spot you were just in. The stairs are kinda shaped like:
_
/ \

I stood out of site of the last two and lobbed grenades over the apex of the stairs until they were dead.

Then you'll get a cut scene (which auto-saves thank god) and another battle. They bum rush you. I seriously thought you were supposed to die...That's how quickly I died the first two times I played it. My only tip is to ability the crap out of your characters to take out the main boss, then head left and take out the last 3. Keep an eye on your team mates, and if they die use unity.
post #2 of 16 Old 12-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Supporting Super Moderator

I'm still hooked on halo 3

2010 Camaro RS SS LS3 (Bumble Bee) Vin#192 & 8 others made by GM and one Christine
post #3 of 16 Old 12-21-2007, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Halo 3 is still my #1 favorite multiplayer game, but the single player was maybe 5 hours long. Super easy.
post #4 of 16 Old 12-21-2007, 03:47 PM
Veteran Member

Call of Duty 4.

*drool*

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of 16 Old 12-21-2007, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Banned

That's my next purchase. It'll be hard to tear away from Mass Effect though.
post #6 of 16 Old 12-21-2007, 03:49 PM
Veteran Member

I bought CoD4 for my father and it tore him away from his precious Halo 1(PC gamers here). Glorious Victory!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #7 of 16 Old 01-27-2008, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Banned

LOL If you saw the stuff on Fox where they interviewed an "Expert" to talk about how lewd a scene in this game was, even though she admittedly has never played or seen the scene, THIS is HILARIOUS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBTh1xy5XAI
post #8 of 16 Old 01-27-2008, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Here's the fox news interview...First, they cut off the "game expert" when he starts winning the arguement. Second, one douchebag actually refers to the game as "Luke Skywalker meets Debbie Does Dallas."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L13Ct40cFIU

Here's the sex scene, complete and unedited. The scene can happen with one of two women and takes 20 hours of gametime to get to (it's at the very end of the game)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRjoOniZUUQ

This kind of heresy pisses me off. This is easily one of the best sci-fi epics ever told.
post #9 of 16 Old 01-27-2008, 12:23 PM

This just in...

Cooper Lawrence: “I Misspoke” about Mass Effect

The pop psychologist and author who so enraged the gaming community this week with her condescending attitude and false characterizations of BioWare’s Mass Effect has ‘fessed up to the New York Times.

LINKY

Dirt!

post #10 of 16 Old 01-27-2008, 12:37 PM
See You On Course

Well, at least she apologized and admitted her mistakes, and now Mass Effect has gotten some really nice free advertising.

It was next on my list to rent.

Boy, I sure would hate to see what they think about Assassin's Creed. I loved that. You could sneak up behind people and stick a knife in their back and walk off before they dropped.

Oh, but wait, maybe that was my real life. I don't know, like they said, I have a had time distinguishing the two.

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page