Tokyo Drift: RB-Powered Mustang - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 06-19-2006, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Supporter of common sense

Tokyo Drift: RB-Powered Mustang

This is a **** nice car
I'm sure some outdated people would be all upset about it, this is a nicely done car

Quote:
Those of you unfamiliar with this movie car probably don't understand what all the hubbub is about, so we'll tell ya. Domestic guys are pissed because this very clean and very classic 'Stang has been outfitted with a treasure trove of Japanese tuning parts. We're not just talking about a GReddy sticker here or an ARC intercooler there, we're talking about the fact that the people at Universal (the movie company behind the film) yanked out the pony car's beloved American powerplant and shoehorned a Japanese engine under the hood.
Import guys are pissed because the Japanese engine in question is the RB26DETT, also known as the engine found in the holy grail of all Japanese performance cars, the Nissan Skyline GT-R. Import guys feel that this engine is the pinnacle of uber high-tech Japanese engineering, and to throw it in a 40-year-old ill-handling relic is nothing short of sacrilege.
http://cars.ign.com/articles/710/710765p1.html

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #2 of 9 Old 06-19-2006, 09:30 AM

Why do people get so mad about this? It's just a movie, and there's plenty more classic 'Stangs out there with American V8's.
post #3 of 9 Old 06-19-2006, 10:31 AM

even though i'd much rather see a V8 in that car, my only real complaint with it is the fart-can. everything else was done nicely untill they threw that eyesore on there
post #4 of 9 Old 06-19-2006, 10:52 AM
Supporting Super Moderator

I can see where the die hard ford guys would puke, nissan power plant with coffee can. I'm sure ford has much in crates that would have done the same job.

2010 Camaro RS SS LS3 (Bumble Bee) Vin#192 & 8 others made by GM and one Christine
post #5 of 9 Old 06-19-2006, 01:49 PM

Yeah, agreed...

Everything else looked like a clean install, until I saw the fart can, lol
post #6 of 9 Old 06-19-2006, 02:34 PM

Garage
what a waste of a good stang! that was the best stang ever until they put that piece of crap engine in there. I live the 67-68 fastback stangs the best
post #7 of 9 Old 06-20-2006, 10:24 AM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

The nissan-powered Mustang was just a prop for the storyline. The actual moving cars in the movie were powered by 430ci V8s to make them perform.

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #8 of 9 Old 06-20-2006, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneZ28
The nissan-powered Mustang was just a prop for the storyline. The actual moving cars in the movie were powered by 430ci V8s to make them perform.
music to my ears
post #9 of 9 Old 06-20-2006, 07:30 PM

Garage
ditto I think that was a waste of good american metal once they put that jap crap in that mustang!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page