AT & T Go (cell)phone - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 Old 05-04-2013, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops
 
hotrodhoodrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,784
 
Question AT & T Go (cell)phone

Hay ya all, not sure if I got the best cell for me job, but the sale guy said it
would be the cheapest one for my job.. need it for texing.. mainly.
Down the road, I need to upgrade to a better cell, maybe using the same plan
because I get unlimited every-thing w/ only 250minutes talk time, witch is
fine, because I don't call to many people.
Any ways, does any one use those phones and whats the best one, when I
decide to up-grade, my cheap one seems cheap, lol.. the thing thats most
important is tex.. then the ease of using it quickly, then maps maybe and
durability & longevity.
I do Reshab.. working w/disabled people.. that are violent, need to have the cell
as my back-up, if things go south.. if you know what I mean.
Any help would be great, haven't had a cell in over 8yrs... /



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
hotrodhoodrat is offline  
post #2 of 30 Old 05-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Veteran Member
 
hypurone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cali. North Bay
Posts: 1,925
 
Garage
You can use most any phone as a go-phone. They don't want you to know that and they make it a bit harder on the data side of things (have to buy a separate plan for data)... I use an HTC Vivid as a go-phone currently.

I don't text much at all but I use an app called Swype for email and search etc where you can simply trace out the word rather than tapping out every letter you want selected. For ease of use it kicks ass!

The first thing that comes to mind for durability would be one of the "tough" phones. Designed for outdoors and work environments. For example:

https://www.wireless.att.com/busines...d&style=Rugged

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
hypurone is offline  
post #3 of 30 Old 05-05-2013, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops
 
hotrodhoodrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,784
 
Thx, hyp.. I been checking out cells, the two top dogs right now are HTC "nice phone by the way !"
& Samsung's Galaxy S3 or S4's
Man.. your one cat, you come through where others might not, thank you.. if you don't hear that often.
I'm thinking of looking at one of those HTC "one" or "S3/S4" cell's both have great reviews and 911 w/screen locked.
Yea.. didn't know much a bought the data side, til I got home and started reading the owners guide to the new
cell I just bought, plus just talked to a friend that told me ATT has no support/ very little & he hated them.
That swype sounds cool, but I need to tex, to others that I work w/or the bosses, hopefully one of those
new phones w/have short/quick keys, like what your talking a bought..

ThX much bro.. off soon to look at a new cell & maybe give the wife the old one LOL



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
hotrodhoodrat is offline  
post #4 of 30 Old 05-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Veteran Member
 
hypurone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cali. North Bay
Posts: 1,925
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
Thx, hyp.. I been checking out cells, the two top dogs right now are HTC "nice phone by the way !"
& Samsung's Galaxy S3 or S4's
Man.. your one cat, you come through where others might not, thank you.. if you don't hear that often.
I'm thinking of looking at one of those HTC "one" or "S3/S4" cell's both have great reviews and 911 w/screen locked.
Yea.. didn't know much a bought the data side, til I got home and started reading the owners guide to the new
cell I just bought, plus just talked to a friend that told me ATT has no support/ very little & he hated them.
That swype sounds cool, but I need to tex, to others that I work w/or the bosses, hopefully one of those
new phones w/have short/quick keys, like what your talking a bought..

ThX much bro.. off soon to look at a new cell & maybe give the wife the old one LOL
Sure man, np. Glad to help. As for Swype. It is just another implementation/add-on for the keyboard so it will work for texting as well. It is active anytime you bring up the virtual keyboard....

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
hypurone is offline  
post #5 of 30 Old 05-06-2013, 04:50 AM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops
 
hotrodhoodrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,784
 
Sweet, I hope I have the app, on the cell a friend said I can have or I'll see if I can install it at some point.
Those two cell's are not cheap, may wait a bit, for them to go down in price.
Thanks for the help



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
hotrodhoodrat is offline  
post #6 of 30 Old 05-06-2013, 07:41 AM
Veteran Member
 
hypurone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cali. North Bay
Posts: 1,925
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
Sweet, I hope I have the app, on the cell a friend said I can have or I'll see if I can install it at some point.
Those two cell's are not cheap, may wait a bit, for them to go down in price.
Thanks for the help
Yeah, the S3 should start dropping pretty quick once the S4 hits the shelves in numbers... I'm leaning toward an S3 myself and give the wife the Vivid....

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
hypurone is offline  
post #7 of 30 Old 05-08-2013, 05:15 AM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops
 
hotrodhoodrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,784
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
Yeah, the S3 should start dropping pretty quick once the S4 hits the shelves in numbers... I'm leaning toward an S3 myself and give the wife the Vivid....
Haha.. me wife would be just fine, happy to have the one I got, so I hope I can afford the S3, after a bit, may even look at some used ones, as long as its unlocked
also noticed some people using the terms rooted on Craigslist, would you what that means or
is it the same as unlocked / moded.. lol
Man, the technology world has gone wild, w/these things are a mini
computers in your hand.. pretty cool if you ask me
Oh, I'm sure you'll get yours before I get one, let me know what you think of it and how well it works w/yo Camaro too



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
hotrodhoodrat is offline  
post #8 of 30 Old 05-08-2013, 07:33 AM
Veteran Member
 
hypurone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cali. North Bay
Posts: 1,925
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
Haha.. me wife would be just fine, happy to have the one I got, so I hope I can afford the S3, after a bit, may even look at some used ones, as long as its unlocked
also noticed some people using the terms rooted on Craigslist, would you what that means or
is it the same as unlocked / moded.. lol
Man, the technology world has gone wild, w/these things are a mini
computers in your hand.. pretty cool if you ask me
Oh, I'm sure you'll get yours before I get one, let me know what you think of it and how well it works w/yo Camaro too
Rooted is essentially the same thing as unlocked. Though locked refers to the carrier usually. Sometimes you even have to root an unlocked phone as there is built-in software that can't be removed otherwise or installing software can be difficult if there isn't a standalone apk for it...

I am in no hurry for the Samsung as my Vivid does everything I need it for. Especially as a go-phone... Tho the wife keeps hinting at wanting it so she can get into the tech age.... We'll see. I'm sure it will work just fine with the Camaro tho I don't stream Pandora or anything as I don't pay for a data plan. I have 30GB of music on my Sandisk flash drive in the car so plenty there already....

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
hypurone is offline  
post #9 of 30 Old 05-09-2013, 05:32 AM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops
 
hotrodhoodrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,784
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
Rooted is essentially the same thing as unlocked. Though locked refers to the carrier usually. Sometimes you even have to root an unlocked phone as there is built-in software that can't be removed otherwise or installing software can be difficult if there isn't a standalone apk for it...

I am in no hurry for the Samsung as my Vivid does everything I need it for. Especially as a go-phone... Tho the wife keeps hinting at wanting it so she can get into the tech age.... We'll see. I'm sure it will work just fine with the Camaro tho I don't stream Pandora or anything as I don't pay for a data plan. I have 30GB of music on my Sandisk flash drive in the car so plenty there already....
Yea, that Vivid, is a cool ph.
Data, plans are the new big thing, can't believe they charge so much for it,
to bad some one can't access it with a satellite and get it for free and all the time w/out being charged
for the usage..
keep me updated and I'll do the same, as me friend will be here shortly to give me his old one.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
hotrodhoodrat is offline  
post #10 of 30 Old 05-09-2013, 07:07 AM
Veteran Member
 
hypurone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cali. North Bay
Posts: 1,925
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
Yea, that Vivid, is a cool ph.
Data, plans are the new big thing, can't believe they charge so much for it,
to bad some one can't access it with a satellite and get it for free and all the time w/out being charged
for the usage..
keep me updated and I'll do the same, as me friend will be here shortly to give me his old one.
Yeah, data has always been a raw deal to me... Though I gotta say. LTE ROCKS vs 4G....

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
hypurone is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome