11.6 1/4 mile 2009 GT-R - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 01-16-2008, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Naute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pittsgrove, NJ
Posts: 742
 
11.6 1/4 mile 2009 GT-R

well i was scannin thru fquick and found this quite interesting. http://www.fquick.com/videos/Nissan_...rter_Mile/4152

they claim the 1/4 mile time is 11.6 @121 mph. wut is the z06 rated??? they say it leaves it in the dust. im sure this car performs very well but come on... u sure as hell know the US will put emissions blockage on it. and wuts with that brake gas thing???


*A Cars Only Purpose Is To Get From Point A to B. I Just Rather Get There In 13.2 @ 106
* Going Mustang Hunting... Be Back In 12 Seconds


www.fquick.com/Naute <---- That's Me

http://fn-fasttown.myminicity.com
Naute is offline  
post #2 of 17 Old 01-16-2008, 07:47 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
 
OctaneZ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 11,842
           
The GT-R is fast, no doubt.

But a bone stock Z06 has gone 10.98 @ 129 on the stock tires, followed by a 10.83 @ 130 on drag radials.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1876797

....and we haven't even seen a ZR1 hit the strip yet.

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
OctaneZ28 is offline  
post #3 of 17 Old 01-16-2008, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Naute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pittsgrove, NJ
Posts: 742
 
i saw a vid of the z06 run 10.8 with radials and i know the z06 hits 10's stock. i saw one at atco in person. just blows my mind how now even japan is in the HP wars


*A Cars Only Purpose Is To Get From Point A to B. I Just Rather Get There In 13.2 @ 106
* Going Mustang Hunting... Be Back In 12 Seconds


www.fquick.com/Naute <---- That's Me

http://fn-fasttown.myminicity.com
Naute is offline  
post #4 of 17 Old 01-17-2008, 03:23 AM
*************************
 
Marvelous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 1,246
 
The GT-R is a beast. Remember, it's not a "drag" car. It's track car.

Just sayin'
Marvelous is offline  
post #5 of 17 Old 01-17-2008, 04:26 AM
Veteran Member
 
Luwinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 10,420
 
The Z06 isn't a "drag" car, either.



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Luwinkle is offline  
post #6 of 17 Old 01-17-2008, 04:49 AM
Moderator
 
Z28 Autobot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,774
 
exactly the Z06 is a track car too..and the ZR! is also.

One thing I know is the question..yes it is fast but is it reliable??
Whats the matinence on the car cost for that and the service to keep it going. I just point this out to see where the WRX and the STI are both bad ass cars but need service to keep them regular..much more than a Z06..

1994 Z28 Autobot

I would like to thank the person that came up with these fine avatar and signature's.
Z28 Autobot is offline  
post #7 of 17 Old 01-17-2008, 06:31 AM
Moderator
 
USA1Camaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,229
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naute View Post
well i was scannin thru fquick and found this quite interesting. http://www.fquick.com/videos/Nissan_...rter_Mile/4152

they claim the 1/4 mile time is 11.6 @121 mph. wut is the z06 rated???..snip...
At 11.6, the GT-R would still be second best to a 1969 Corvette.

1969 Corvette 427 L88 11.54 @ 120.75
Super Chevy Pure stock drags.

The rules are pretty strict: The car has to be as the factory built it, stock block (up to .070-inch overbore is OK), heads (no big valves, porting, or gasket matching), cam and valvetrain (no rollers), and carb. Exhaust must use the OEM manifolds and tailpipe exit. Carb jetting, distributor tuning, and low-restriction air filters are OK, as are X-pipes systems and aftermarket mufflers. The great equalizer is that all cars must run on stock-sized tires. This may shock you, but the hot ticket for a quick launch is repro bias-plys pumped up to 45 psi. Low 60-footer so far on 'em is an incredible 1.81.


http://www.superchevy.com/events/suc...ags/index.html


Sure the car was set up for the strip, but it's 40 years old, carburated, and doesn't have computer controlled traction either.
USA1Camaro is offline  
post #8 of 17 Old 01-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Veteran Member
 
GHOST SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jamestown,North Carolina by the way of Neptune,NJ
Posts: 1,257
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA1Camaro View Post
At 11.6, the GT-R would still be second best to a 1969 Corvette.

1969 Corvette 427 L88 11.54 @ 120.75
Super Chevy Pure stock drags.

The rules are pretty strict: The car has to be as the factory built it, stock block (up to .070-inch overbore is OK), heads (no big valves, porting, or gasket matching), cam and valvetrain (no rollers), and carb. Exhaust must use the OEM manifolds and tailpipe exit. Carb jetting, distributor tuning, and low-restriction air filters are OK, as are X-pipes systems and aftermarket mufflers. The great equalizer is that all cars must run on stock-sized tires. This may shock you, but the hot ticket for a quick launch is repro bias-plys pumped up to 45 psi. Low 60-footer so far on 'em is an incredible 1.81.


http://www.superchevy.com/events/suc...ags/index.html


Sure the car was set up for the strip, but it's 40 years old, carburated, and doesn't have computer controlled traction either.
hahahaha good ol american muscle

The Induction may be forced but your humilation is up to you

5th GEN.Org's Offical Protagonist
UNITED STATES ARMY 19K
Currently with 3rd ID,2nd brig,1-64th armored battalion,d-co,2nd plt FT.Stewart,Georgia
DOG FACE SOLIDERS HOOAH
GHOST SS is offline  
post #9 of 17 Old 01-17-2008, 01:16 PM
*************************
 
Marvelous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 1,246
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28 Autobot View Post
exactly the Z06 is a track car too..and the ZR! is also.

One thing I know is the question..yes it is fast but is it reliable??
Whats the matinence on the car cost for that and the service to keep it going. I just point this out to see where the WRX and the STI are both bad ass cars but need service to keep them regular..much more than a Z06..
If the GT-R follows tradition it will once again be the Japanese muscle car. Sure I use the term "muscle car" loosely but the past skylines have been a favorite among tuners in japan. It's an extremely well built car that can get HIGH HP# and still put that on the ground (awd).

I want to see this thing up against the Z06 on the track. Would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. (even though its target is the 911 turbo)

Last edited by Marvelous; 01-17-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Marvelous is offline  
post #10 of 17 Old 01-17-2008, 03:15 PM
I paid $5 for this title!
 
altoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 645
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28 Autobot View Post
I just point this out to see where the WRX and the STI are both bad ass cars but need service to keep them regular..much more than a Z06..
I don't know where you got that, but the STIs are rock ****ing solid. Now, if you said Evos needed lots of attention to be kept on the road...

Also, I really wouldn't compare STI/Evo to a 'Vette in any respect, really. Completely different cars with wiiiiiiiiide gaps between target audiences.

(All that said, I'll take a Z06, thank you very much.)

Formerly defunct.
altoid is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome