It sucks loosing a job - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 01-19-2008, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

It sucks loosing a job

well folks.in case you've never done car sales i'ma tell you it's a hard business and it has LONG hours.sometimes you make nothing but the small salary they give you.the way the pay system works is if you sell no cars you get a "draw" check for "xxxx" ammount of money. and if you sell a car and make say 500 commission you pay back what you owe in draw and the rest is yours.here it's 275 a wk,220 with the tax.i've been employed at Mitsubishi since early November 2007 i'm $1,650 in draw and even with 6 cars out and amking an estimated $3,800 in gross or profit off of those 6 cars my commssion hasn't done really **** to make a dent in my draw and i'm 99% convinced that by the end of the month they're gonna let me go from here and i have to find a new job.Jobs in my area are hard to come by.i have applied to the post office and granted i can pass the test & interview i'll make a min of $20 an hr..Here is my dilema besides possibly doing a complete 180 and sell more cars here at mitsu.a Ford Dealershp is Hiring sales people because apparently business has picked up.granted i'm a rookie salesman i don't know if i should even fill out an application there and get hired and not able to produce what they expect outa me.
so my question is should i A:APPLY AT FORD (B)SALVAGE MITSU (C)GO FORWARD WITH THE US POSTAL SERVICE

The Induction may be forced but your humilation is up to you

5th GEN.Org's Offical Protagonist
UNITED STATES ARMY 19K
Currently with 3rd ID,2nd brig,1-64th armored battalion,d-co,2nd plt FT.Stewart,Georgia
DOG FACE SOLIDERS HOOAH
post #2 of 25 Old 01-19-2008, 04:59 PM

Car sales is a dead business right now and will be for quite a while. I did it for about 3 years.

Get out and get out now!
post #3 of 25 Old 01-19-2008, 05:42 PM

Do all three.

(A)APPLY AT FORD - it never hurts to have a backup plan.

(B)SALVAGE MITSU - keep working until they get rid of you or you get a better offer. You'll need a recommendation from your current employer to snag the better job, so just keep grinding until your time comes.

(C)GO FORWARD WITH THE US POSTAL SERVICE - Unless your dream is to be a car salesman, sounds like it pays better than (A) or (B). Probably more time off also.

Good luck.

Nice avatar btw.

Dirt!

post #4 of 25 Old 01-19-2008, 05:57 PM
Veteran Member

I lost 2 jobs last year, losing job is teh suq. Didn't have a stable job until october (first job lost at the end of april..my temp time ran out and the ******* manager said he couldn't hire anybody right now. And get this..he hires like 5 people during my last 2 weeks, what an ass.) Other time was at UPS at the beginning of July.

07 sucked.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of 25 Old 01-19-2008, 06:06 PM

Job vs. career...you have to go to school a long time and work really hard to get a career going, whereas a job is fairly easy to come by but lacks stability. Work for the post office for a mundane job that pays good bucks? You will certainly have financial security but how will you feel at the beginning and end of the day? You need to find out what your strengths and weaknesses are during this down time and the forge ahead to develop them in a specific direction. It took me a long time to realize that "teaching" was the thing for me and it is still very difficult, time consuming and lots of hard work and extra hours without pay, but you really, really make a substantial difference! You also feel pretty good about yourself at the beginning and end of the day, in addition to having the perks of health benefits and job security. You obviously like dealing with people doing sales work, and it is just a natural jump in another direction to teach! Just a thought young man! Good luck in your quest. Don't see this as a defeat, see it as an opening for forging a future in a positive direction!!!!
post #6 of 25 Old 01-20-2008, 06:23 AM

Go postal . Being a federal job it is going to have better benefits. Plus being a federal job you won't be affected by layoffs etc. You pretty much gotta screw up bad to loose you job in a federal position. After working for the Federal Bureau of Prisons for 8 years now theres no way I'd do anything that is not federal now.

2000 Red 1SC Z28 A4 - dead for now
2005 Black GTO M6 6.0 - Split daily driver
1987 Silver Fiero GT - Split daily driver
post #7 of 25 Old 01-20-2008, 06:56 AM
Veteran Member

Gotta be careful with applying with the USPS. I got ripped $120 by some company saying if you call their number they'll help you sign up for the test, and saying the test has a $100 deposit (at this time I didn't know you could just sign up for the test directly with USPS).

Next thing I know I'm down $120 and have horribly written 'study guides'.

Several months with the BBB and I get $99 back, minus shipping to ship the stupid things back.

Just gotta be careful.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #8 of 25 Old 01-20-2008, 07:57 AM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
any government job...hwy dept, public works.....all jobs with the best benefits.

If you're thinking car sales, then look that the top 3 sellers...Toyota & honda, and look for dealerships that don't have 8 salesman for 4 customers a day. They don't care how many salesman they have, it costs them nothing more.

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
post #9 of 25 Old 01-21-2008, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwinkle View Post
Gotta be careful with applying with the USPS. I got ripped $120 by some company saying if you call their number they'll help you sign up for the test, and saying the test has a $100 deposit (at this time I didn't know you could just sign up for the test directly with USPS).

Next thing I know I'm down $120 and have horribly written 'study guides'.

Several months with the BBB and I get $99 back, minus shipping to ship the stupid things back.

Just gotta be careful.
funny you should say that luwinkle cuz i think i just got snuckered into that same thing you're talkin out(the 120 bucks)
anyway i'd like to thank you for all of your advice and i pretty much figured out a plan "Z" if you will i'll work for the USPS for a lil bit,save up and buy a house with that paid off cuz i do plan to move to Pennsylvania simply because the houses there are cheaper than in New Jersey.Then i'd save up about 40-50k and go to art school in cali and become a car desginer and yea even though i'm no chip foose or sergio pininfarina but i can draw
the tution is currently 17k,i'm estimating 20k in housing
btw luwinkle YOU PLAY STARCRAFT?

UNITED STATES ARMY 19K
Currently with 3rd ID,2nd brig,1-64th armored battalion,d-co,2nd plt FT.Stewart,Georgia
DOG FACE SOLIDERS HOOAH

Last edited by GHOST SS; 01-21-2008 at 10:16 AM.
post #10 of 25 Old 01-21-2008, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

my ultimate goal is to have my own car company(ie building and designing my own cars)I went to Lincoln tech (learned some ish,but the job they set me up with basically taught me that i'll tinker with cars as a hobby not a living,i can draw(i get my talent from my mother who has a bachelor's degree in fine arts)I was always a artist and when i was at Lincoln Tech because i kept on comming up with crazy ideas for cars that's how i got my mad scientist nickname they said i should go to engineering school but i pretty much suck at math,but what i lack in math skills since i design i can figure out how and where things are going to go and how they'll work in my head and 99% of all of my ideas in Therory would work.Since i've work and currently working for a dealership in sales i basically know how the day to day operations of a dealership work.I have my own designs and ambitions for my own dealerships,but i realize any and all of these plans and ambitions take money and a substianal ammount.but i plan by 2016 i'll have the first prototype built.I'll go the route of Pagani and make supercars and once enough capitol is made i'll invest in expanding.people have a bad habit of underestimating my intelligence and what'll be funny as hell is when i get payback and force freehold mitsubishi under when my dealership outsells them!

UNITED STATES ARMY 19K
DOG FACE SOLIDERS HOOAH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page