Do you know what a barrel shroud is? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 Old 01-19-2008, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Do you know what a barrel shroud is?

Apparently people who make anti-firearm legislation don't.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rGpykAX1fo

She dodges the question, and when asked directly if she knew what it was she said "No I don't, I think it's a shouler thing that goes up." TO WHICH the news anchor responds "No, it's not."
Goes to show they want to ban things that sound scary. Even though a barrel shroud is actually a safety device that keeps one from burning their hands on a hot barrel.

That anchor is my hero.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #2 of 29 Old 01-19-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwinkle View Post
Goes to show they want to ban things that sound scary.

The word "gun" is one of the scariest words around for many people. I've seen people look at guns like they were made from the ebola virus.

Quote:
Even though a barrel shroud is actually a safety device that keeps one from burning their hands on a hot barrel.
Safety device on a gun? That's one of those oxymorons, right.

Dirt!

post #3 of 29 Old 01-19-2008, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer View Post
The word "gun" is one of the scariest words around for many people. I've seen people look at guns like they were made from the ebola virus.

Safety device on a gun? That's one of those oxymorons, right.
You have no idea how many people instantly stop talking to me or give me one of those weird looks when they find out I own firearms. Like I'm some sort of deranged killer because I own a mosin-nagant and a couple .22's. And a 9mm carbine.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
post #4 of 29 Old 01-20-2008, 01:24 AM

Quote:
You have no idea how many people instantly stop talking to me or give me one of those weird looks when they find out I own firearms. Like I'm some sort of deranged killer because I own a mosin-nagant and a couple .22's. And a 9mm carbine.
DUDE!!!!! I get the same thing! I have one .22 rifle.... People, and especially most women, look at me like WHOA!!!! That's one of the reasons why I like the girl I'm into. She ran out on her own and got a concealed weapons permit(CWP)! One day she ran up to me and goes,"oh yeah. I'm getting a Walter .38!" which blew my mind. Then she goes,"...and look at the knife I got!" She whips out this 3in folder... Safe to say this one might be a keeper! She hot and one hardcore woman! LOL
post #5 of 29 Old 01-20-2008, 01:41 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEtskiMAN View Post
DUDE!!!!! I get the same thing! I have one .22 rifle.... People, and especially most women, look at me like WHOA!!!! That's one of the reasons why I like the girl I'm into. She ran out on her own and got a concealed weapons permit(CWP)! One day she ran up to me and goes,"oh yeah. I'm getting a Walter .38!" which blew my mind. Then she goes,"...and look at the knife I got!" She whips out this 3in folder... Safe to say this one might be a keeper! She hot and one hardcore woman! LOL
Dude, your chick owns Megatron. Sorry, I'm that much of a geek I can't help it.

Guns rule. Maybe its because I've had one on my hip and/or slung over my shoulder for the last 7 years but I too many people are simply afraid of what they just do not understand.

Still a wannabe.
post #6 of 29 Old 01-20-2008, 01:54 AM

Quote:
You wanna talk about weird looks. My brother went to the bank and asked for a $10k personal loan. They asked what for. My brother didn't hesitate and exclaimed it was to buy machine guns. The guy looked at him stunned for a second and just thought he was just talking BS. The loan officer thought my brother was just screwing with him and was being evasive about what he wanted to use the money for.

My brother got the loan and purchased several machine guns with the money and maxed out credit cards. This was before the Gun Ban. The guns value nearly tripled over night when the ban took effect. The guns still have held their value well since the sunset of the ban. I thought my brother was nuts but with the permit/tax paid you can buy some really cool toys.
post #7 of 29 Old 01-20-2008, 05:49 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEtskiMAN View Post
**** you! Howcome every woman I find that are alright with firearms are either taken or are totally insane?

EDIT: Or in urbanlegend's case: Both.

*duck*

Quote:

Last edited by Luwinkle; 01-20-2008 at 05:53 AM.
post #8 of 29 Old 01-20-2008, 05:51 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA1Camaro View Post
You wanna talk about weird looks. My brother went to the bank and asked for a $10k personal loan. They asked what for. My brother didn't hesitate and exclaimed it was to buy machine guns. The guy looked at him stunned for a second and just thought he was just talking BS. The loan officer thought my brother was just screwing with him and was being evasive about what he wanted to use the money for.

My brother got the loan and purchased several machine guns with the money and maxed out credit cards. This was before the Gun Ban. The guns value nearly tripled over night when the ban took effect. The guns still have held their value well since the sunset of the ban. I thought my brother was nuts but with the permit/tax paid you can buy some really cool toys.
Actual fully-automatic weapons or semi-automatic weapons that look like their fully-automatic counterparts?

Fully-automatic weapons have been regulated since the mid 40's. I've seen a FN machinegun (I think m249, but not sure, because I fail) for sale at a gun show. $40,000

And for the record, semi-automatic weapons are NOT machineguns.

Quote:
post #9 of 29 Old 01-20-2008, 06:04 AM

Retards, Good thing i live in a rural area where everyone owns a gun, otherwise people like my brother and dad would get all kind of looks owning at least 12 guns a piece.

Fully automatic weapons are also not machine guns. An M249, M2 etc are machine guns, full auto fire only. Selectable full auto's like AK-47's, M-16A1's, MP5's, Uzis etc require special permits but usually don't fetch prices like true Machine guns.

What kind of Mosin ya got Lu my dad is a Mosin nut and I have picked up alot about them by proxy. He has a numbers matching military sniper (with scope), Carbine, laminated stock show piece w/bayonet, .22 trainer, 3 regular ones, and one my grandfather got in Korea from the first korean he killed.

2000 Red 1SC Z28 A4 - dead for now
2005 Black GTO M6 6.0 - Split daily driver
1987 Silver Fiero GT - Split daily driver
post #10 of 29 Old 01-20-2008, 06:07 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
Retards, Good thing i live in a rural area where everyone owns a gun, otherwise people like my brother and dad would get all kind of looks owning at least 12 guns a piece.

Fully automatic weapons are also not machine guns. An M249, M2 etc are machine guns, full auto fire only. Selectable full auto's like AK-47's, M-16A1's, MP5's, Uzis etc require special permits but usually don't fetch prices like true Machine guns.

What kind of Mosin ya got Lu my dad is a Mosin nut and I have picked up alot about them by proxy. He has a numbers matching military sniper (with scope), Carbine, laminated stock show piece w/bayonet, .22 trainer, 3 regular ones, and one my grandfather got in Korea from the first korean he killed.
Yah, technically those are Assault Rifles(actual ones, not the ones the gun-ban happy wackos lead you to believe).

I own just a basic 1891/30. Refinished, matching numbers, kicks like a pissed off mule with its balls trapped in a vise. I wanted a bolt-action rifle, and this one cost like $80 plus shipping and stuff, and ammo was/is cheap. So I was all for it.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page