The Confession of a Cheater... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 06-16-2013, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Bully Proof

Garage
The Confession of a Cheater...

Please don't tell Envy...lol...but when I was vacationing in Miami I rented a convertible Mustang and I had a blast in it. I know I already have a Mustang...but that's different because DaBeast is Envy's boyfriend and it's her fault he came to live with us...so she doesn't mind me driving him at all. But I think her feelings might be hurt if she knew how much fun I had in that vert and how hard it was for me to turn it in that last day...so I've kept it a secret.

I've never owned a convertible...only rented a few along the way just to see if I liked it...but not one single one of them made me actually want to buy a convertible until this one. Now since I've been home...I find myself perusing ebay motors casually looking at 1st Gen convertibles...lol

I've never named a rental car before either...lol...but here I am with the Mustang I called Black Beauty ...

post #2 of 13 Old 06-16-2013, 11:20 PM
Veteran Member

Oh the shame of it all !!! You naughty girl!

Silver Ice Metallic 2013 Camaro 2LT
Born 7/29/2012 Delivered 4/24/2013
CyCam1
post #3 of 13 Old 06-17-2013, 08:52 AM
Premium Member

Garage

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #4 of 13 Old 06-17-2013, 09:35 AM
Veteran Member

Now Hillary, don't make send the after you....

I'm thinking Miami made you a tad bit

All though, I'm digging the fact that you're on the prowl for a First Gen Convertible. That's pretty awesome!!
post #5 of 13 Old 06-17-2013, 01:39 PM

they are good to rent.. lol.. not take home.. lol.

2011 camaro 2ss convert..black on black. Slp black wing intake, k&n drop in , muffler delete , 93 octane diablo tune L99/A6. totaled 12-4-13..

2014 camaro 2ss 1LE. best car yet!!!!
post #6 of 13 Old 06-17-2013, 01:40 PM

nice to read...you had fun in Miami...and with the Mustang convertible...!
Thanx for sharing the pix and the experience...!

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii75/monzaruba/foto3_zps6fbde664.jpg
A Camaro you steer with the rear wheels...!
post #7 of 13 Old 06-17-2013, 04:44 PM

Garage
Ooooommmmm I'm tellin! Was it a V-6 or 8? I think you'd have to sell Da Beast to afford a 1st gen vert thats in Good condition, and maybe 20k in cash!!!
post #8 of 13 Old 06-17-2013, 04:47 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Can't.......breath, Can't breath........, please tell me it not true, Oh wait the light is fading, Envy is that you really Oh, well.........

2013 LT2/RS, Crystal Red Metallic, TAZ Jr.
2016 H-D Ultra Classic, Black Fire Purple, (PPE)
2015 H-D Street Glide, Superior Blue. (Old Blue) Traded
2012 Big Horn, RAM, Crew Cab, SLT, Dark Cherry Red Pearl (Betty Boop)
1998 Honda Accord 2d, daily driver.
post #9 of 13 Old 06-18-2013, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Bully Proof

Garage
In my defense...I did not intend to rent a Mustang...I made a reservation for an intermediate car with Enterprise. But when I went to pick it up...they offered me a $10 upgrade for the Mustang so I jumped on it. I know from experience that you can't normally rent a convertible in any major city for the $44 a day I paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyCam1 View Post
Oh the shame of it all !!! You naughty girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWD621 View Post
It was an accident...I swear...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky6702 View Post
Now Hillary, don't make send the after you....

I'm thinking Miami made you a tad bit

All though, I'm digging the fact that you're on the prowl for a First Gen Convertible. That's pretty awesome!!
Nooooooo...not that...lol

And I'm just looking for now...I won't pull the trigger until Envy is paid off. But I like to be well informed when I buy so I will be watching and making some calls until the time comes and the right car comes along. I'm looking for a "drive it and enjoy it" kinda car because I'm not willing to spend the extra cash on a numbers matching factory restoration Camaro unless I stumble on a great deal like the Corvette was.

The Corvette has caused quite a few arguments between Andy and I because he wants to repaint it a different color but I won't allow it...lol...even though it's his technically. Money has been tight so we can't afford the kind of quality paint job it deserves so I've compromised by agreeing to a chrome wrap job to tide it over until the house is paid off and we can restore it to it's original glory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi05 View Post
they are good to rent.. lol.. not take home.. lol.
I've always been a Ford girl...but Chevrolet does do a few things right and the Camaro and the Corvette are two of them. While the current generation of Mustang looks a bit common to me...especially around here...the Camaro is very unique in it's styling and I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monzaruba View Post
nice to read...you had fun in Miami...and with the Mustang convertible...!
Thanx for sharing the pix and the experience...!
You're always so nice...thank you! I'll be posting up some pictures from my trip as soon as I find the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroluvr View Post
Ooooommmmm I'm tellin! Was it a V-6 or 8? I think you'd have to sell Da Beast to afford a 1st gen vert thats in Good condition, and maybe 20k in cash!!!
Ouch...that was harsh...lol. The current value on a 2007 Shelby is over 36K plus it does have over 25K in mods on it so I wouldn't settle for that price. The owner of the local Discount Tire offered me 45K last year but his offer wasn't even a bit tempting.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't know for sure what it was...lol...I never popped the hood. I assumed it was a V8 because it had dual exhaust which most V6 Mustangs are lacking...but I learned after I got home that starting in 2011 Ford went with dual exhaust on the V6s too. Surely it was a V6 though because it wasn't near as aggressive as Envy...so if it was a V8...Ford should be embarrased...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
Can't.......breath, Can't breath........, please tell me it not true, Oh wait the light is fading, Envy is that you really Oh, well.........
Breathe Guapo...breathe...lol...yes it was really me...but I explained above.
post #10 of 13 Old 06-20-2013, 07:22 PM
sdk
Veteran Member

Garage
Since you already own a Mustang, I can't say that you have sinned.

2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page