ZOEY "our newest member of the family" - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 07-21-2013, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops

ZOEY "our newest member of the family"

Ok folks, got a pup, because of the demand in my family..(boy mainly),
decided to get him a girl pit, yea shes a demanding breed but also a
big responsibility.., shes gotten her first set of shots, shes 5wks 6dys
old, we decided to get her to control his temper, she'll mimic his temper,
we told him.. so its going well so far other than were having a ruff time w/
her biting and potty training..lol, our boy has 6mo. left before he comes
home so we got our work cut out for us...
Hope you all like the pics I got for every one

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130712_144222.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	24426   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130710_162219.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	24434   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130719_155448.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	24442   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130719_155605.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	24450   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130719_155612.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	24458  

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #2 of 14 Old 07-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Congrats on the new family addition HotRod...your new puppy looks very cute!

I bet you are having a hard time with the house training right now because the puppy was taken away from Mom too soon. You can't potty train a 5 week old puppy...she's way too young for that...all you can do is try to beat her to the punch which requires watching her like a hawk. And it's the mother and other litter mates that teach puppies not to bite...because they bite back...but she didn't have a chance to learn that. But here's a little tip...if you want your puppy not to bite...don't ever play tug-o-war games with her because when you do...you are teaching the puppy to bite when she plays and that's always a bad thing. I know she's young but you must scold here every time she bites (not just when it hurts) or she'll never learn not to use her mouth in play.

Good luck with the baby!!
post #3 of 14 Old 07-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Veteran Member

I would not have a pit bull around any children. That dog cannot be trusted. If your son has friends over and they play and maybe wrestle around just horse playing could cause that dog to bite and maybe more. Big liability. Wrong type of dog for kids. Sorry to play the roll of Debbie Downer.

Silver Ice Metallic 2013 Camaro 2LT
Born 7/29/2012 Delivered 4/24/2013
CyCam1
post #4 of 14 Old 07-21-2013, 01:36 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Cute little thing!

Named after Zoey Saldana?

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #5 of 14 Old 07-21-2013, 02:04 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
His son isn't young (I think he's over 16) so he'll probably be fine. But it was mentioned that he has anger issues and that exactly the kinda thing that will trigger a dog attack. I've been in the dog business my whole life and the one thing I do know is most dogs aren't born bad...including pit bulls. It's usually the owners who are responsible for bad behavior...by either encouraging it or not discouraging it. And most people think that it's the dogs who need to be trained how to behave around children when in fact it's the exact opposite...children need to be trained to respect animals and their space.

But I do agree that there are much better choices than pit bulls when it comes to children...because even if your child is very good and well behaved around your pets...your children have friends and you don't know squat about them and how they will treat your animal...therefore pets should NEVER be left unattended with children...EVER!!! And it is worth mentioning that owning a pit bull (and some other breeds like Rottweilers, Mastiffs. etc) can open you up to insurance carriers canceling your policy coverage because they are considered a big liability...which is something to keep in mind.

Why do people want such breeds? Because they look tough and therefore people think their cool and make good protection dogs. But sadly...it's exactly that kinda mindset that is the recipe for a dog attack disaster. Here's a page that has some interesting information when it come to dog bites.

U.S. Dog Bite Statistics - DogsBite.org

And just in case you're not interested enough to click and read...I'll leave you with this sobering fact...

On average, one US citizen is attacked AND KILLED by a pit bull every 21 days.
post #6 of 14 Old 07-21-2013, 02:13 PM
Veteran Member

You made my point very well! The liability in having a pit bull is very high. If his insurance company finds out he has a pit bull then his rates will skyrocket. Thanks, Hillary. Great post.

Silver Ice Metallic 2013 Camaro 2LT
Born 7/29/2012 Delivered 4/24/2013
CyCam1
post #7 of 14 Old 07-21-2013, 02:47 PM

Looks like a cool pup!! Congrats!

JANUARY 2012 MODERN CAMARO MEMBER OF THE MONTH
JUNE 2012 CAMARONEWS.COM CAR OF THE MONTH
http://5thgencarolinacamaros.webs.com/
post #8 of 14 Old 07-21-2013, 05:45 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Cool pup Wayne! Now another mouth to feed!

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #9 of 14 Old 07-25-2013, 05:02 AM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops

Thanks every one,
We didn't choose Zoey, because shes a Pit/mix, we got her to help the boy's anger, w/all his problems, were treating her just like any other dog we have...

Thx, Envy, your a great resource.. N
We found out 3 of her brothers/sisters passed because they got sick.. the lady that we got her from is in the hospital.. so well need to take her to a vet soon.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #10 of 14 Old 07-25-2013, 01:05 PM

Cute pup, but I'm really hoping that she's ok. My sister-in-law lost her pup to parvo, as did much of the litter she came from. I agree with envy that she was very long to be removed from her mother, so that will mean more work for you.

My first pup was a bitter, but we trained it out in about a month. Every time she would bit at us (envy is right whether it hurts or not) we would grab her snout shut. And she hated that, so she evenually figured out the direct relationship between her bitting and the snout getting held shut. She's never bit since and she's almost 4. No hitting required or anything like that.

I'll stay out of the pit bull debate, I have my thoughts. For dogs in general, the way they are brought up has a great deal to do with behavior and all dogs have different personalities, but pit bulls are natually guardian type dogs so their instincts are to protect. There are specific ways to control and train dogs with these instincts. As long as you know your dog and what situations are ok for them to be in and which ones to avoid I'm sure she'll be a great dog for you.

2011 Synergy Green Metallic 1SS Camaro:
RS Package, White Ralley Stripes, Premium Sound.
Mods; Flowmaster Exhaust, Vararam CAI, Pfadt Sport Suspension, Budnik "Ice" Wheels, Nitto Invo tires
Upcoming Mods; Custom grill and badging.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page