Road construction & damage 2 Frost - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 Old 09-10-2013, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops

Road construction & damage 2 Frost

I've had frost a bit over a month, been driving our main road to work(til the work started), takes 35-40min to my job.. using that road (use off & on),
other wise it takes a hour to use other roads to get to work & another hour home.. 10-14weeks ago my truck windshield got hit twice and had to have the chips fixed before they spread..
I've noticed several rock chips on the front of Frost and they look like shes getting peppered on her front mainly..
But yesterday morning I was running a bit late (have been sick as of late),
so I took that road, instead of my other road, yea.. I stay two car length's away.. no matter what.. some times three if i'm at the speed-limit,
sadly tho, one car always seems to jump in front of me & this last one.. tossed a rock at the bottom of the windshield,
now I got a huge crack on the passenger side, my girl is hurt..
I started a claim, last week for some of the damage yesterday the body shop told me that the adjuster, wont be adding a rental car, he said,
several people were not able to, um.. 12 working days to fix my paint, w/out a rental.. also I'll be not driving her that time and still have her bill to pay !
My neighbor told me to demand to be compensated for all of it or take it to my Insurance & let them deal with the highway department.

So any help would be great, I'm going to our local GM dealer to see a bought my top.. rub marks Wednesday,
thinking of having them also look at the damage to Frost & get them to do the quote for the damage..
this dealership, charges three times the amount of what I've found for a hour of labor.. at $300.00, vs $100.00 for body shops.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130910_060039.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	26554  

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"

Last edited by hotrodhoodrat; 09-10-2013 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Add pic
post #2 of 41 Old 09-10-2013, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops

Side note, the body shop guy told me they could do some ghost flames for me cheap, because most of the other stuff will be covered from the repair..
I'm thinking of doing three candy blues and keeping it all at the hood and fenders.
Darkest blue at the front and fades out maybe..
Not going to do the nose stripe yet.. as I haven't seen a good stripe other than on the older Camaro's.. the ones for the 5gen "not so much" :/

Anyone have any ideas.. For a flame job (ghost), from the doors & windshield to the nose..pics please

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

*PROTESTING GM*

Last edited by hotrodhoodrat; 09-10-2013 at 09:28 AM.
post #3 of 41 Old 09-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Wayne, sorry Frost got wacked. Now I understand your questions and hints about possible "mods" so soon. Road construction and bad traffic go together in this world today and there is no excape. I just have to live with the chips and crap till they get bad enough to do something about it and with 45k on the clock it can look very rough.
Sorrry brother., hope your feeling better soon.

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #4 of 41 Old 09-11-2013, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops

Thx JWD.., one reason I'm thinking of doing a few MODs so soon, like the ghost flames, is because shes getting those rock(s)
dings repaired/repainted, I usually never have that much money in one shot & paint jobs are not cheap, these days.
This is the main one I'm thinking of (see pic), minus the stripe or pass the fender.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15281d1143155247-ghost-flames-ghost-flame.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	26666  

*PROTESTING GM*
post #5 of 41 Old 09-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Sorry to hear that man.

Regardless of whether or not you do the flames I have 2 words for you: Clear Bra !!

I have it on all the forward facing areas in the front inc the mirrors, forward edge of the roof & A pillars, the rocker panels and behind the rear tires etc.

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #6 of 41 Old 09-11-2013, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
Sorry to hear that man.

Regardless of whether or not you do the flames I have 2 words for you: Clear Bra !!

I have it on all the forward facing areas in the front inc the mirrors, forward edge of the roof & A pillars, the rocker panels and behind the rear tires etc.
+ 1, I wanna get it all, not easy to find locally or cheap..

*PROTESTING GM*
post #7 of 41 Old 09-11-2013, 05:47 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
Sorry to hear about the problems ... it definitely suxs to be placed in a position that you know you should avoid but can't. Its sounds like this may be an issue for a while. If that is the case, seems like the bra would be an immediate investment so your new paint would be protected. I do know one guy (many years ago) that got the highway department to have paint speckles removed from his Corvette from when they were doing stripes. Offhand, I'm not really seeing the highway guys giving you a car, but I am wondering why it would take 12 days to paint. My wife had stripes painted on her rear quarter panels and that included doing the stencils, sanding it out, painting the strips and clear coat and I think it took 4 days.

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #8 of 41 Old 09-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
Nothing worth doing is rarely ever easy or cheap.

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #9 of 41 Old 09-13-2013, 05:30 AM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
Nothing worth doing is rarely ever easy or cheap.
Haha.. so true my friend, otherwise it wouldn't worth much or be easy..

*PROTESTING GM*
post #10 of 41 Old 09-30-2013, 04:38 AM Thread Starter
Support MC & Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Hokie View Post
Sorry to hear about the problems ... it definitely suxs to be placed in a position that you know you should avoid but can't. Its sounds like this may be an issue for a while. If that is the case, seems like the bra would be an immediate investment so your new paint would be protected. I do know one guy (many years ago) that got the highway department to have paint speckles removed from his Corvette from when they were doing stripes. Offhand, I'm not really seeing the highway guys giving you a car, but I am wondering why it would take 12 days to paint. My wife had stripes painted on her rear quarter panels and that included doing the stencils, sanding it out, painting the strips and clear coat and I think it took 4 days.
They have to strip it down.. to the base coat, the guy said, he's had to do a few of these cars already.. from the damages,
from the rocks they refuse to clean up or seal.. for several miles of road.

I've been looking into clear bra's but those are not cheap ether & on a budget, I gotta watch where every dollar goes.
Just hope they don't try to charge me a grip for the cost of the flame job, or its not going to happen..
plus I need to see if the shop, can clean up a few scratches at the rear and dings at the door-ends,
those are just as important if not more than the flame job IMO.

So I'm still waiting for the adjuster to call for a appointment to look at Frost, once he/she's gone over what the shop has quoted,
you think shouldn't take long, before they send me a check, tho I also included.. a letter asking why the shop didn't include a rental and
compensation for my lost for those three weeks, they said they might.. cover it, not sure if its for both or just the rental.

Should hear something soon, update ya all, when I find out any new..news.

*PROTESTING GM*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page