2014, It's almost here!!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 12-28-2013, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

2014, It's almost here!!!

How's the MC community doing today!? So with the new year just around the corner I was just wondering what everyone is expecting this coming year, new years resolutions, how this year turned out to be for ya, etc.. A new year means a new beginning to just start out fresh and have a good, clear, mindset If this past year was not so good for you, now is the time to put it in the past and begin a better year for YOU!

I'll start..
This year turned out way different then I thought it would lol. It was all for the better though. I met an amazing man who means a lot to me. I lost some people in my life who were just apparently not meant to be here for me and that's their loss. One door closes, but a new one definitely opened for me. This next year I have a great thing to look forward too!! I'm planning on moving around the end of July I'm pretty excited for that.. Plus I turn the big 21!! It will be a bittersweet moment though in my life, leaving all my family and friends here, but being closer to the ONE So that's the big thing coming up for me this new year and it's going to be a huge change for me, but amazing things will come out of it

So let's here your plans!!

February 2014 Member Of The Month!!!
post #2 of 22 Old 12-28-2013, 06:19 PM

I'm very excited for the new year. I have many goals I set years ago I'd like to accomplish this year

You moving to San Diego?
post #3 of 22 Old 12-28-2013, 06:48 PM

To teach the gf how to drive stick so she can enjoy driving the Vette.

Order #: VBBDZ1
2017 Camaro ZL1
Hyper Blue Metallic A10, PDR, NAV, Premium floor mats

Ordered: 12/26/16
March 2014 Member/Car Of the Month
post #4 of 22 Old 12-29-2013, 02:34 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
2013 was an amazing life changing year for me. Divorce....met my forever guy...k met him in Nov 2012....but moved in Feb 2013. Settled a long awaited lawsuit...bought my Camaro and my first home.
2014...hope to be moved and settled in house by end Jan. Usual resolution...drop lots extra pounds. But to help motivate me...bought an elliptical and treadmill from a friend....will set up in new house's garage and make time to set up a daily routine....might mean less Facebook time...but I GOTTA DO THIS!!!

2013 2LT/ RS Blue Ray Metallic VERT..."Cami"
2010 Grabber Blue Mustang VERT......."Stella Blue"

January 2014 MC Member of the Month!

post #5 of 22 Old 12-29-2013, 12:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas girl View Post
2013 was an amazing life changing year for me. Divorce....met my forever guy...k met him in Nov 2012....but moved in Feb 2013. Settled a long awaited lawsuit...bought my Camaro and my first home.
2014...hope to be moved and settled in house by end Jan. Usual resolution...drop lots extra pounds. But to help motivate me...bought an elliptical and treadmill from a friend....will set up in new house's garage and make time to set up a daily routine....might mean less Facebook time...but I GOTTA DO THIS!!!
You will like the elliptical way better than the treadmill ... a lot easier on the knees

Two major goals ... pay off the house and figure out where I will be working (ie will the job let me finish my career here or will the screw me and make me move) ... and, of course, some extra pounds.

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #6 of 22 Old 12-29-2013, 03:10 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
I had an elliptical...was put in storage...the ex sold it. When first got it...was only able to do 2 minutes and worked up to about 45 minutes.....that was couple years ago. Have done zero exercise...so gonna have to start back at square 1 and be patient.

2013 2LT/ RS Blue Ray Metallic VERT..."Cami"
2010 Grabber Blue Mustang VERT......."Stella Blue"

January 2014 MC Member of the Month!

post #7 of 22 Old 12-29-2013, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.C ZL1 View Post
I'm very excited for the new year. I have many goals I set years ago I'd like to accomplish this year

You moving to San Diego?
Yayyyyy Albert and yes San Diego!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue10CamaroSS View Post
To teach the gf how to drive stick so she can enjoy driving the Vette.
Nice! I bought my camaro and had no idea how to drive it, but learned quickly, luckily Good luck!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas girl View Post
Good for you!!! Seems like a definite bittersweet and crazy year you had! At least you're happy now that's what matters! Oh my, I'm a big facebooker bahaha. My boyfriend makes fun of me all the time for it Good luck on dropping the pounds!! As long as you're motivated you got this! I hear the tough part is actually keeping the weight off afterwards, so keep it going!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Hokie View Post
You will like the elliptical way better than the treadmill ... a lot easier on the knees

Two major goals ... pay off the house and figure out where I will be working (ie will the job let me finish my career here or will the screw me and make me move) ... and, of course, some extra pounds.
What do you do?? Well hopefully you don't have to move, Well I mean, unless you want to lol.

post #8 of 22 Old 12-29-2013, 04:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCracker View Post
What do you do?? Well hopefully you don't have to move, Well I mean, unless you want to lol.
Work for the government ... they say it is all about giving a breadth of experience so one is promotable or it is so you can bring your experiences back to the "mothership" ... that said, they don't ask it you have any interest in being promoted (I don't) and they don't address how the organizational gaps will be filled at the sites that have people leaving (they do not plan on making people move away for the home base, that is on a volunteer basis) ... yes this is how your taxes are at work ... making people move that are doing their job, like where they are, and will basically have to learn a whole new job when they return. I guess that explanation probably makes it pretty clear I don't want to move.

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #9 of 22 Old 12-29-2013, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Hokie View Post
Work for the government ... they say it is all about giving a breadth of experience so one is promotable or it is so you can bring your experiences back to the "mothership" ... that said, they don't ask it you have any interest in being promoted (I don't) and they don't address how the organizational gaps will be filled at the sites that have people leaving (they do not plan on making people move away for the home base, that is on a volunteer basis) ... yes this is how your taxes are at work ... making people move that are doing their job, like where they are, and will basically have to learn a whole new job when they return. I guess that explanation probably makes it pretty clear I don't want to move.
That actually sounds stupid lol. Why move someone just to move them back Well hopefully you don't have to move!

post #10 of 22 Old 12-30-2013, 07:30 AM

Garage
Going to be tough to top 2013.

Highlights:

Bought the 2013
Got Married
Had a 2 week honeymoon in Italy
Finished a year-long custom supercharger build on my first car (2000 Monte Carlo SS)

I don't know how 2014 is going to top this one, but I'm ready to see!

2013 IOM Camaro 1LS - Daily Driver
1968 Camaro SS - Weekend Warrior
2000 Monte Carlo SS - CSC Powered Project Car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page