2010 Mustang revealed..... maybe - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 04-30-2008, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Dark Side Moderator

2010 Mustang revealed..... maybe

I hope this is a photoshop, because it looks horrible. I hope they tweak it. The magazine has the info of the engine in there as if they were facts.

Current strong rumor of the engine (i tend to be forum bias, and never take a magazine seriously anyway):

-5.0L DOHC with VVT, (GT) and a DI version for higher models (ex. Mach 1, Boss,)
-not related to current modular engine family (4.6, 5.4)
-Bigger bore than previous modular engine
-New Head design based heavily from GT500 heads
-power to range from 370-420hp
-F-150 will be the first to receive a engine from this family (rumored to be the 370hp version, mustangs to be rated higher)
-Gas mileage is expected to be significantly improved over the current mustang gt
-Powertrain trials have already been ran
-6.2 version of the V8 is rumor to be reserved for the Super Duty, no info on it being in the Mustang Gt (again a magazine thinks of the biggest and baddest ideas to sell a issue, lol)
- DI version to exceed 400hp mark

Rumor on alternative engine to be offered within the same trim model for the very near the same price:

- Twin Turbo 3.6 Ecoboost Engine, non-DI (similar to what going to be used in the MKZ)
- 370-415hp
-superior fuel economy over the V8 alternativem with similar torque curve
-To be offered side by side with the new 5.0L on a two year trial; if the TT V6 outsells the V8 by a lot; I would expect them to drop the 5.0L and offer only a TT V6 by 2015
-This is offered in similar volume and near the price of the 5.0L version of the GT to improve CAFE rating and etc.

Mustang GT still projected to sell under 30k too.......according to the latest rumor mill.

As for the top dog, (Shelby GT500 replacement):

-Supercharged version of the new 5.0L with DI (but the similarities end at the design base, ex. LS3 and LS9)
-expected to be or exceed 550hp
-or use the a version of the new rumored N/A 6.2L V8 from the Super Duty (this rumor is the quietest one, but still heard for time to time)

I think this rumor (not the one from the mag) is very possible. Ford has to recognize that GM and dodge are both back in the market that the mustang has been handed to in the last years. They know they need to compete and still follow the new CAFE regs. I think this is smart, and has me wondering.

Plus the same info minus, the top info is rumored for the Ford Falcon in Australia in the HPV model to replace the 5.4

2005 Mustang GT-4.6L 3v /M5
2.3L Whipple Intercooled, 3.25'' pulley(11psi),FRPP 62mm TB, FRPP Stinger Axleback, UPR catted X-pipe, FRPP Handling Pack, 20'' Staggered Black Steeda Spyder Wheels, NT-05 Nittos, 3.73s, Hurst Shifter, and DF Centerforce Clutch
527rwhp, 479rwtq
post #2 of 13 Old 04-30-2008, 05:13 PM
Banned

http://jalopnik.com/385886/2010-ford...on-design-cues

Looks like it may be pretty close.
post #3 of 13 Old 04-30-2008, 05:57 PM

gotta see more pics..

1994 Z28 Autobot

I would like to thank the person that came up with these fine avatar and signature's.
post #4 of 13 Old 04-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Veteran Member

I don't think it looks all that bad, but I would like to see the rest of it. I saw a rear pic somewhere awhile back, and it looked as if they really screwed the tailights up.

Bob Lutz: "There's no doubt that a design-driven philosophy is the only one that will work. People who are not sensitive to design, people who don't care about vehicles, people who view a vehicle as an appliance, they just default to Toyota. We will never win that one."
post #5 of 13 Old 04-30-2008, 07:51 PM

That article arrived in the mail a couple days ago.

C&D's 24 Cars Worth Waiting For! The Camaro was totally absent from the list.
post #6 of 13 Old 04-30-2008, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Dark Side Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn View Post

http://jalopnik.com/385886/2010-ford...on-design-cues

Looks like it may be pretty close.
Now that u shown that, I can see some big differences:

-Turn signals (amber stripe in headlight) bevel in after a few inches, the my pic doesnt have that.
-The reflective dome of the headlight buckets into a black housing bezel in the assembly, my pic's refective dome starts right after the turn signals and appears to be over sized for the housing

If i can find that many differences in just the headlight, hopefully the body is more refined and doesnt look as bad as the one in my pic.

But as for engine rumors, it sounds good.

I think the word comes out near the production Camaro's reveal in Sept, I think.

2.3L Whipple Intercooled, 3.25'' pulley(11psi),FRPP 62mm TB, FRPP Stinger Axleback, UPR catted X-pipe, FRPP Handling Pack, 20'' Staggered Black Steeda Spyder Wheels, NT-05 Nittos, 3.73s, Hurst Shifter, and DF Centerforce Clutch
527rwhp, 479rwtq
post #7 of 13 Old 04-30-2008, 09:19 PM

post #8 of 13 Old 04-30-2008, 09:27 PM
Banned

What's with the picture of Gary Busey?
post #9 of 13 Old 04-30-2008, 09:38 PM

... Maybe Camaro has some good competition always good to see ford turning there game up!
post #10 of 13 Old 04-30-2008, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Dark Side Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
... Maybe Camaro has some good competition always good to see ford turning there game up!
its about time. When they made the fox body 5.0 was the last time they seem to give a **** about competing.

527rwhp, 479rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page