Camaro Road Trip? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-25-2008, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
See You On Course

Camaro Road Trip?

So, what do you guys/gals think about some time next summer, after a lot of us have our new Camaros, organizing some kind of 5th Gen Road Trip? What I think would be the best option, would be to travel Route 66. It goes from Chicago to California. We could also do a coast to coast route.

I know most people wouldn't be able to travel the whole way, but if we had an itinerary, then those people around certain areas could bring their cars for some of the sections. I would LOVE to drive the whole thing myself.

It might actually turn into a great news event, and definitely something that could be fun to have videotapes running. Kind of like the Gumball Rally, but not necessarily about speed. If there were some tracks on the route, we might even be able to plan some track days in there.

Of course, once we got to certain checkpoints, then there could be some good fun had by all!

Any thoughts?

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

post #2 of 4 Old 05-25-2008, 06:54 PM

That would be awesome! Count us in!!
post #3 of 4 Old 05-25-2008, 09:26 PM

Talking

In 2001, the Hot Rod Power Tour took that route. They went from Detroit to San Bernardino. I did the portion from Albequerquie NM to SanBerdoo.

What a trip!

Hooking up with the HRPT would be the thing to do, but lately they've scaled back.

Seems to me a route from San Francisco to Washington, DC would be awesome!

Interstate 80 to Donner Pass, Reno, Salt Lake City, then South throuth Price to I-70 stopping at Grand Junction, and Denver, CO, Topeka, Kansas, St Louis, MO, Indianapolis IN, Columbus, OH, Pittsburg, PA, Then on to DC.

How's that for a road trip?

Cheers, Steve SSOA F00-1363 CCSD #204
2000 Camaro SS Lt. Pewter, neutral leather, M6, Hurst, PEG2, ASR, defogger
SLP Chrome ZR1's, D-D exhaust, Bilstein, Castrol, cover, mats, fobs
BMR STB, SLP !CAGS, AAM Diff cover, Chrome Hood Insert, Zaino
Dyno'd at 312 RWHP, 321 RWT
http://camaroclubofsandiego.org
post #4 of 4 Old 05-26-2008, 12:28 AM

That sounds like a lot of fun! I'd be in if I have mine by then. What better way to spend vacation time could there be than in a 5thGen Camaro traveling that iconic highway?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page