Buy some American made cars and motors - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 06-04-2008, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Buy some American made cars and motors

Toyota Motor Manufacturing Alabama, Huntsville, Alabama – V6 and V8 Engines.
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky, Georgetown, Kentucky – Camry, Avalon, Solara, and Starting Fall 2008, Venza as well as the AZ and GR engines.
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana, Princeton, Indiana – Tundra, Sequoia and Sienna
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Texas, San Antonio, Texas – Tundra
Toyota Motor Manufacturing West Virginia, Buffalo, West Virginia – ZZ, MZ, and GR engines; automatic transaxles
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi, Tupelo, Mississippi - Toyota Highlander This facility is being built production starts 2010/2011. The facility or company is named "Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Mississippi, Inc."[2]

East Liberty Auto Plant East Liberty, Ohio, USA Honda Civic since 1989
Honda Civic (GX NGV)
Honda CR-V (from September 2006)
Honda Element

Honda Manufacturing of Alabama Lincoln, Alabama, USA Honda Odyssey since November 16, 2001
Honda Pilot
Honda J engine

Marysville Auto Plant Marysville, Ohio, USA Honda Accord, since 1982
Acura TL
Acura RDX
motorcycles (Honda Gold Wing)

etc etc... So BUY AMERICAN!
post #2 of 8 Old 06-04-2008, 06:30 PM

I like to do research before I buy anything...

Dirt!

post #3 of 8 Old 06-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member

You forgot the important fact that even though those things may be "made" here, the profits sure don't stay here... chew on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbodfather
GM’s capital investment in the United States from 1999 thru 2003 was $20 Billion. Toyota’s capital investment from 1980 thru 2003 was $10.7 Billion. Nissan’s? $2.8 Billion from 1980 thru 2003…Honda? $5.6 Billion from ’80 thru ’03.

GM’s contribution to the U.S. Gross National Product (GNP) is 4 times that of Toyota
In just a four year span, GM had contributed more to this country than Toyota, Nissan, and Honda COMBINED did in 23 years. pretty staggering if you ask me.

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-

Last edited by SunsetHawkSelena; 06-04-2008 at 06:46 PM.
post #4 of 8 Old 06-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Supporting Super Moderator

dam all i see is foreign crap in that list

2010 Camaro RS SS LS3 (Bumble Bee) Vin#192 & 8 others made by GM and one Christine
post #5 of 8 Old 06-04-2008, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetHawkSelena View Post
You forgot the important fact that even though those things may be "made" here, the profits sure don't stay here... chew on this:

In just a four year span, GM had contributed more to this country than Toyota, Nissan, and Honda COMBINED did in 23 years. pretty staggering if you ask me.
Uh, of course not. None of the money had to stay here. Because the number of Americans employed by Toyota, Nissan, Honda, etc is so insignificant that those stats, which is Nominal GDP, when compared to the real GDP, it balances out.

Edit: I have issues thinking stuff out. That whole thing (that I wrote) is ridiculous. Haha. Anyway, still Toyota, Honda, Subaru, etc employ American workers. And those workers get paid anyways. So I realize that it doesn't matter if everyone or noone buys American or not.

Edit 2: Forgive my logical fallacies, they will not happen again.

Edit 3: All American workers working anywhere will inject money into the local economy regardless of what happens. That's a fact of economics.

Last edited by Linfone; 06-04-2008 at 07:36 PM.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorcinLS1 View Post
dam all i see is foreign crap in that list
Uhhh, yep, so do I. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it IS a duck. Sorry, but I will never buy a Japanese auto. I don't care if it is built here, I'm not buying one. EVER.

Bob Lutz: "There's no doubt that a design-driven philosophy is the only one that will work. People who are not sensitive to design, people who don't care about vehicles, people who view a vehicle as an appliance, they just default to Toyota. We will never win that one."
post #7 of 8 Old 06-04-2008, 10:38 PM

My uncle worked at the Subaru plant in Lafayette, IN for a while. He said the working conditions there were horrible, the pay was indecent, and they didn't have many benefits to offer. Stick to American made vehicles! The best purchase you can make, is the purchase of a UAW made vehicle

On another note, I recently installed all new suspension components (sway bar bushings, links, and ball joints all MOOG), and I even installed a new PCV valve (Standard Motor Products) and O2 sensor (Beck/Arnley) on my car. All of those items were made in the USA, because I did my research and avoided getting made in China/Japan/Taiwan/Mexico BS. BTW, rockauto.com rocks!
post #8 of 8 Old 06-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Supporting Super Moderator

If they were not saving money by building them here they would not build them here. The employed Americans money going into the economy is minute compared to the profits japanese companies. GM is US based and the profits will contribute to the United States more than where they are built. Even if they build them in Japan for the Japanese market it still helps the United States.

Now what's the deal with all the support the foriegn cars post. It seems like every post is aimed at making the domestics look bad IMO.

Toyota or Honda have nothing to offer for me. I just don't like the cars. They are too bland IMO. They are not easy to tune IMO. They are mostly front wheel drive which I don't like.

1998 Camaro A4 7.06 @ 96.5 MPH NA 1.47 best 60ft
2010 Camaro Tube Chassis work in progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page