Spotted on Ebay: 1992 Firehawk! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 06-09-2008, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
 
OctaneZ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 11,842
           
Spotted on Ebay: 1992 Firehawk!



OMG hotness.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...spagenameZWDVW

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
OctaneZ28 is offline  
post #2 of 11 Old 06-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Supporting Super Moderator
 
LorcinLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,416
 
wow, the last one we saw on ebay was 25k and we were one day too late on hitting buy it now. Why is it everything has to pop up while we have something else going on.


2010 Camaro RS SS LS3 (Bumble Bee) Vin#192 & 8 others made by GM and one Christine
LorcinLS1 is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 06-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Veteran Member
 
demonspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 4,544
 
Why are you getting excited over a Firebird

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
demonspeed is offline  
post #4 of 11 Old 06-09-2008, 04:29 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 572
 
firehawk get it right....... lol.... rare and super nice car
fbodygrad is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 06-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Veteran Member
 
POWERFREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 7,873
  
wow...didn't know they were THAT rare...only made 25.

weird that he shows no engine pictures.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 06-09-2008 at 07:57 PM.
POWERFREAK is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 06-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Veteran Member
 
demonspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 4,544
 
Funny, he doesn't mention if it has the T-ram intake.

I remember always seeing one of the green ones for sale.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
demonspeed is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 06-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Veteran Member
 
POWERFREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 7,873
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
Funny, he doesn't mention if it has the T-ram intake.

I remember always seeing one of the green ones for sale.
not to high-jack the thread or anything...but HEY demonspeed...there was a GREAT band (local-indie-label) from NYC in the late 90's called demonspeed...is that by any chance where you got your name from? Just wondering. Here's some links...they were great.

http://www.montrealmirror.com/ARCHIV...98/music2.html
http://www.maggadee.com/demonspeed.asp

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 06-09-2008 at 08:01 PM.
POWERFREAK is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 06-10-2008, 06:00 AM
Veteran Member
 
demonspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 4,544
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
not to high-jack the thread or anything...but HEY demonspeed...there was a GREAT band (local-indie-label) from NYC in the late 90's called demonspeed...is that by any chance where you got your name from? Just wondering. Here's some links...they were great.

http://www.montrealmirror.com/ARCHIV...98/music2.html
http://www.maggadee.com/demonspeed.asp
Actually, I got it from a song called "Demon Speed" from White Zombie's album Make Them Die Slowly. I was a HUGE White Zombie fan during my middle school/early high school days. When they broke up and Rob went on by himself, I lost interest.

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...0:3pfixql5ldde

I've used this screen name on every message board I've been on since the mid 90's. I've heard of the band you mentioned as well. Very interesting music.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28

Last edited by demonspeed; 06-10-2008 at 06:04 AM.
demonspeed is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 06-10-2008, 07:30 AM
Veteran Member
 
POWERFREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 7,873
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
Actually, I got it from a song called "Demon Speed" from White Zombie's album Make Them Die Slowly. I was a HUGE White Zombie fan during my middle school/early high school days. When they broke up and Rob went on by himself, I lost interest.

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...0:3pfixql5ldde

I've used this screen name on every message board I've been on since the mid 90's. I've heard of the band you mentioned as well. Very interesting music.

That was going to be my second guess (but most Zombie fans don't even know that album exists)...I agree...White Zombie was great...Rob on his own...eh. I got to meet Rob and Sean in a bar after a show in NYC...they were both really cool, let us hangout and drink with them in a VIP room after their manager told us we couldn't.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 06-10-2008 at 07:35 AM.
POWERFREAK is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 06-10-2008, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
 
OctaneZ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 11,842
           
It's been confirmed by SLP that this is indeed a real 1992 Firehawk.

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
OctaneZ28 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome