What kind of Camaro owner will you be? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 06-13-2008, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

What kind of Camaro owner will you be?

Will you be the one who has been dying for the Camaro because you want to sit it with the other ones you have in the garage?

Are you looking for the next fastest thing to rip down the road or the track?

Are you going to go nuts with modifications and then just take it to car shows and let everyone stroke your ego with how great your car is that you never ever use?

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm going to be the one who dreamed of buying a brand new Camaro, but was only 19 when the last one rolled off the assembly line. I'm also going to thrash it whenever possible (street, track, etc). It will also shine right up and sit proudly at car shows and cruise ins. I'll be proud to talk about my car, but I'll put my money where my mouth is when I say I can whip the stink out of that Mustang.

I will be buying a performance car to USE the performance.

Who will you be?

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #2 of 23 Old 06-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
Will you be the one who has been dying for the Camaro because you want to sit it with the other ones you have in the garage?

Are you looking for the next fastest thing to rip down the road or the track?

Are you going to go nuts with modifications and then just take it to car shows and let everyone stroke your ego with how great your car is that you never ever use?

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm going to be the one who dreamed of buying a brand new Camaro, but was only 19 when the last one rolled off the assembly line. I'm also going to thrash it whenever possible (street, track, etc). It will also shine right up and sit proudly at car shows and cruise ins. I'll be proud to talk about my car, but I'll put my money where my mouth is when I say I can whip the stink out of that Mustang.

I will be buying a performance car to USE the performance.

Who will you be?
Amen to you my brother!

I am going to buy it, try not to thrash it too much, spank some Fords, Dodges, and anything that comes along, and maybe, just maybe, shine it up nice before I go to a show. If there is no time to wash it, then oh well. Anyone who wants to talk smack, can meet me in the parking lot for directions to the closest freeway and a lesson in humility.

IBM RS/SS: Vortech V3 (7.5lbs/boost) Trinity/Dyno Tune/Texas Speed LT w/Magnaflow Comp MGW Shifter/Tint/Heritage Grill/AVIC Z120 Orion Sub & Amp/Bravado Wheels (20 x9.5/11) Just fast enough ... for now!
post #3 of 23 Old 06-13-2008, 08:09 PM
See You On Course

I'm buying a 4 seater Corvette. I love my current car, and it's great for daily driving and autocrossing (my #1 hobby). But it's not practical when you have 2 kids. I've got a truck for those times, but it's not the same.

I've always loved the Camaros. Especially Gen 1, but there's no way I'd turn down any of them.

But when I saw the concept the first time, I think I heard angels singing, I swear it. So, from that point on, I knew I would be waiting until it came out to get my next car. Funny, right about that time I was considering a Mustang because it was the only new "muscle" car. Then a higher power intervened and showed me that photo.

I'm going to drive the crap out of my car, and give it the love it needs as well.

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

post #4 of 23 Old 06-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Veteran Member

I wanted to buy a WS6 in 2000...but just couldn't afford it at the time. So I always looked forward to the 5th gen and hoped that I'd be able to afford one. I've had lots of "fun cars" in the past...but they've never been perfect and I never had the $$ (or in some cases the time) to make them perfect. I've always been a perfectionist, and the little things always pissed me off about my cars. So, I've been looking forward to ordering one exactly how I want it (hopefully), and keeping it as close to "new" as possible.

Oh coarse I'll enjoy it...I'll drive it like it's meant to be driven but not to the point where I'll be putting a new clutch in it every year. I'll probably mod it a little, but not go too crazy (for a while at least). And yes, the first time I saw it in person, I knew I would own one...I just stood there and stared for a good 15 minutes.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 06-13-2008 at 09:41 PM.
post #5 of 23 Old 06-14-2008, 12:18 AM
Dark Side Moderator

Im going to be the loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, and the powerless because we are living in a world of criminals that operate above the law. I cant stand those criminals. I have to do something. There comes a time in a man life when he realizes that one man can make a difference. I believe I'm that man and I will have the right car to do it. Its just something about this car. Something about her. Maybe I wont do it for the money, i did it for the car. Victory Red, Artic White, or *joyful sigh* Jinx Blue begging to be plucked. Because I just the thrill of the adventure. No, No..........the peace with one's self. Because in those 13 seconds and prolly less,.....Im free. While in my car, nothing else matters. Not the car payment. Not the high insurance rates. Not even those ricers that revved at me but couldnt keep up.

2005 Mustang GT-4.6L 3v /M5
2.3L Whipple Intercooled, 3.25'' pulley(11psi),FRPP 62mm TB, FRPP Stinger Axleback, UPR catted X-pipe, FRPP Handling Pack, 20'' Staggered Black Steeda Spyder Wheels, NT-05 Nittos, 3.73s, Hurst Shifter, and DF Centerforce Clutch
527rwhp, 479rwtq
post #6 of 23 Old 06-14-2008, 04:48 AM
Supporter of common sense

It will be my first convertible. Somewhat a DD in the summer. If I get around to it maybe a few passes down the 1/4 mile.

Mainly a cruiser

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #7 of 23 Old 06-14-2008, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Great stuff so far, guys. I can't wait for this car!

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #8 of 23 Old 06-14-2008, 01:27 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Mainly a spring-summer-fall daily driver much like my 4th Gen is.

It'll see the dragstrip from time to time, but I'd really like to get this one out on the twisties on road courses & autocross.

Is it February yet?

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #9 of 23 Old 06-14-2008, 01:55 PM

It's going to be a highly abused every bolt on I can find DD. It'll see a some track duty but not as much as my Z did and will again.

2000 Red 1SC Z28 A4 - dead for now
2005 Black GTO M6 6.0 - Split daily driver
1987 Silver Fiero GT - Split daily driver
post #10 of 23 Old 06-14-2008, 10:05 PM

I'd track it. And I don't mean 1/4 mile...

I like turns.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page