Share some of your stories about getting tickets and/or close calls. I have a few but will try to stick to the good ones
1. As said in another thread, my 1st ticket, I ran out of gas and had to ask for a ride home. I was pulled over doing 62 in a 35. I was glad that was all cause I was slowing from 100 mph-no cross streets and no traffic
2. Me and 2 friends were on our way to Galveston Mardi Gras (17 yrs old). I am in the 68 Camaro with the beer (unopened), 2 friends are in the 87 Iroc next to me asking which way to turn ahead. Cop pulls him over for try to invoke in a race
3. I was having trouble with my 68 not running right. Left my girlfriends house one night and pulled onto a street and just stomped on it out of anger, with the car problems not the girl. Got pulled over and the first thing the cop said was "what you got in here, a BIG BLOCK?!?!"
4. Was sitting at a red light on Westheimer ( a street known for weekend drag racing) on a friday or saturday night with 4 people in the car. Then a 79 or 80 Trans Am that was tubbed pulls next to me. Of course I get ready, put it in 1st (turbo 350) look in my rearview and see a cop behind me. Light turns green and we both drive off normally but he gets pulled over anyway
Oh well, at least it wasnt me.
5. The worst one was I was attending some street races, after they were done and all of us were in a parking lot, probably 20 - 30 cars. I decided to leave. My friends were staying but told me to "show off" as I left. So I did...gave it all it had, burned them through 1st, 2nd and chirped 3rd. A car pulls out behind me and yup, it was a cop. No ticket, just went straight to jail on a Suturday night. He was well hidden in all the other cars.