DashCam Advised! - Brand New 2015 Mustang GT Transmission and Paint Damage - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 04-01-2015, 12:06 AM Thread Starter

DashCam Advised! - Brand New 2015 Mustang GT Transmission and Paint Damage

I wanted to share my experience to help everyone...please be careful when leaving your car at a dealership. A dash-cam is well worth the money! If I can help even one other person avoid what I have gone through, it was worth sharing it.

Summary: My brand new 2015 Mustang GT developed paint damage and serious transmission problems while in a Ford dealerships care. I am still trying to get it fixed (over 6 weeks later).

My video appeal to Ford with details:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbbwzeOZhNo

More Details:
I recently purchased a brand new 2015 Mustang GT 5.0 ($37k, with 32 miles on it) and when I brought it home I noticed the door brushed against the front fender when I opened it which caused paint damage. It seems the front fender had been misaligned (link in Youtube video below).

So I took it to a local Ford dealership after I drove it about 200 miles, and they took pictures of the paint damage, and got authorization for warranty repair. They then took it to Greg's Auto Collision in St Augustine (~7 miles away) according to both the dealership service manager and assistant service manager and Greg’s apparently did a very poor paint repair on my new car (less than a week old). Pictures in Youtube video below. The paint and clear coat were further damaged on the car somehow in the whole process. The dealership then acknowledged the paint repair wasn’t right and could be sent back for proper paint repair.

So, I chose to bring my car home from the dealership, and when I drove away in my new Mustang (after the dealership had it for ~16 miles), I immediately noticed the manual transmission didn’t shift right at all (it always shifted perfectly when I dropped it off). The transmission would basically now bind, catch, grind and then pop into 4th gear at low RPMs in a very odd two stage process. It absolutely NEVER did this before I dropped it at the dealership. In addition, third and fourth now made a louder thud going into gear. The transmission shift quality was significantly, noticeably degraded somehow when I left it in the dealership’s care. (it is worth noting, they averaged 12.6MPG during the 16 miles they put on it)
Other people have driven it and confirmed my concern.

Terrible Paint Repair:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pairY8em0OY

Update 2/4: Transmission now has serious problems at 244 miles on odometer! While with the Ford dealership for warranty paint repair and door/fender alignment, the manual transmission shift quality became VERY poor in 4th gear. So at 244 miles on the odometer it's now got manual transmission and paint problems!

Update 2/18: After talking to the dealership service manager, GM, and Ford I have still not been offered a brand new transmission for the car.

Update 3/9: Test drove a brand new 2015 Mustang GT Manual at Autonation Ford Jacksonville where I confirmed that a new Mustang GT manual does NOT exhibit the same shift problem. Asked that dealership change transmission fluid.

Update 3/12: No resolution reached despite dozens of phone calls to Ford and dealerships. Still have serious transmission problems with 4th gear.

Update 3/14: For additional confirmation, took it to an independent transmission repair shop 3/14 with 996 miles on it where the mechanic confirmed a transmission problem exists.

Update 3/19: Unable to get transmission fixed at all (neither rebuild or new) up to this point.

Update 3/20: Seems like more dealership run-around and denials etc...

Update 3/24: Another independent repair shop drives car 3/24 and mechanic said there def. is a problem with transmission. Believed to be bad syncros. Though, a Ford dealership still has NOT given me anything in writing that lists a problem they could find with transmission.

Update 4/3: Serious transmission and also lingering paint problems (but I still have five other gears, right).

Update 4/4: 2 months, still working on getting transmission/car fixed and resolved. I want to thank everyone who has supported me by responding to my thread and viewing my Youtube videos! The more responses and views I get, the more support I have. I have received a lot of great advice from all of you, my fellow car enthusiasts. Sharing my experience is about helping others avoid what has happened to me. Please wish me luck, your support is always much appreciated.

Update 4/13: I am deciding if I should bring my Mustang in to a Ford dealership again (or move to plan B). Two independent repair shops already confirmed the transmission problem, so one would think a Ford dealership will eventually acknowledge it in writing and fix it (or maybe they never will). I will post updates to help everyone. Thanks for all your responses and support guys!

Update 4/19: Plan B.

**My terrible experience is now on websites and forums. I will try to include latest updates on my video appeal to Ford below**
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbbwzeOZhNo

Note: I had requested transmission fluid be changed to check for metal deposits etc, but could not get authorization/approval.

Last edited by 15mustang; 04-19-2015 at 10:17 PM.
post #2 of 11 Old 04-01-2015, 06:22 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
That sucks sorry about that and hope you can get them to six it soon

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #3 of 11 Old 04-02-2015, 06:27 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
That SUCKS. My only question,,,why is 15Mustang posting on a CAMARO forum????

2013 2LT/ RS Blue Ray Metallic VERT..."Cami"
2010 Grabber Blue Mustang VERT......."Stella Blue"

January 2014 MC Member of the Month!

post #4 of 11 Old 04-02-2015, 09:25 AM

Garage
My thought was shoulda bought a Camaro!

Modern Camaro MOTM April 2015

2014 LS2 Summit White
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900
post #5 of 11 Old 04-02-2015, 10:37 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
lesli66...tried to like your post...then remembered...this AIN'T Facebook...lol

How you doing girl???

2013 2LT/ RS Blue Ray Metallic VERT..."Cami"
2010 Grabber Blue Mustang VERT......."Stella Blue"

January 2014 MC Member of the Month!

post #6 of 11 Old 04-03-2015, 05:31 PM
Veteran Member

I kind of wondered but I certainly don't mind

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #7 of 11 Old 04-04-2015, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesli66 View Post
My thought was shoulda bought a Camaro!
Hehe, I am waiting to see what the 2016 Camaro's look like Right now I have my eyes on a Corvette but I just might get a new Camaro. I do want a little more displacement. Based on the way things are progressing, I may never own another new Ford.
post #8 of 11 Old 04-04-2015, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas girl View Post
That SUCKS. My only question,,,why is 15Mustang posting on a CAMARO forum????

Experiences like mine can happen to all makes/models of cars. I realize mine is a Ford, but damage or abuse can happen to Chevy's too. I recommend a dashcam for those dealership/repair shop/paint shop visits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPWqsaKP9Y8
post #9 of 11 Old 04-04-2015, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaproshop View Post
That sucks sorry about that and hope you can get them to six it soon
Thanks for the support!!
post #10 of 11 Old 04-05-2015, 06:57 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Hope they fix it. Don't make a difference to me if its a ford or chevy. Some dealers just like to abuse the new models and will not take responsibility. I would take it to a different dealer. If the dealer that is currently servicing it is doing what they are supposed to do then there will be a case and case number in the "FORD" data base and any dealer can access it. I have a friend that works for Hundi, (yea no jokes) and he is the guy that the manufacture sends to fix the stuff that the dealers mechanics can not figure it out. So I'm sure that Ford does as well. If the dealer can not or will not provide you the case number this something is not right.

Best of luck, and if you decide to buy a Camaro best of luck. I am waiting to see what the 2016 really looks like and might get one and then give my 2013 to my son.

2013 LT2/RS, Crystal Red Metallic, TAZ Jr.
2016 H-D Ultra Classic, Black Fire Purple, (PPE)
2015 H-D Street Glide, Superior Blue. (Old Blue) Traded
2012 Big Horn, RAM, Crew Cab, SLT, Dark Cherry Red Pearl (Betty Boop)
1998 Honda Accord 2d, daily driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page