The Economy - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 07-15-2008, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,153
  
The Economy

<rant on>How can someone so smart be such a f'n dumbass! I'm talking, of course, about Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke.

First he says:
Quote:
The economy continues to face numerous difficulties, including ongoing strains in financial markets, declining house prices, a softening labor market, and rising prices of oil, food, and some other commodities
Then he says:
Quote:
"The financial headwinds on spending and economic activity have been compounded by rapid increases in the prices of energy and other commodities," he warned.
Then he talks about being a LITTLE concerned about the risk of inflation...Dude! Everything you just said is that inflation is HAPPENING! There's no RISK! We're in the middle of out of control inflation. The falling dollar is the biggest reason we're in such a crisis. Come on! Get with the program homeboy! Worse, he's not even talking about raising interest rates yet, which needed to be done at the last meeting. The EU is planning on raising interest rates again! Strenthening the EURO again! Guess what that does to the dollar! Let's get a chairman who UNDERSTANDS Global Economy! </rant>
Devryn is offline  
post #2 of 23 Old 07-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Veteran Member
 
demonspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 4,544
 
[sarcasm]Don't worry, when Obama gets elected, we'll be in a state of bliss and harmony. He will not let us "go back to our lives as we know it".[/sarcasm]

200th post! woo woooo!

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
demonspeed is offline  
post #3 of 23 Old 07-15-2008, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,153
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
[sarcasm]Don't worry, when Obama gets elected, we'll be in a state of bliss and harmony. He will not let us "go back to our lives as we know it".[/sarcasm]

200th post! woo woooo!
Careful...I didn't turn this into a Presidential post. There are people who support Obama...A little over half the Country right now.
Devryn is offline  
post #4 of 23 Old 07-15-2008, 09:50 AM
See You On Course
 
CUONCRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 3,867
 
And there are plenty who support Obama because they don't want Hillary and don't want McCain (aka "another republican"). Really sucks when your choices are limited.

I agree with you Devryn, that all the signs keep pointing towards a bad decline, and they keep saying that everything is fine. I keep seeing records "lowest in 27 years", "highest in 40 years", etc... and they are usually bad records. I think Greenspan saw this coming, and bailed on purpose. He was the only reason we made it this long. He knew how to think globally.

On top of the failing economy, you have all kinds of money going out the door. The big Air Force - Airbus contract (which is now being re-submitted), Anheiser-Busch bought by a Belgian company, blah, blah, blah.

I've got some dollars to trade, if anyone has any extra Euros laying around.

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

CUONCRS is offline  
post #5 of 23 Old 07-15-2008, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,153
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUONCRS View Post
And there are plenty who support Obama because they don't want Hillary and don't want McCain (aka "another republican"). Really sucks when your choices are limited.

I agree with you Devryn, that all the signs keep pointing towards a bad decline, and they keep saying that everything is fine. I keep seeing records "lowest in 27 years", "highest in 40 years", etc... and they are usually bad records. I think Greenspan saw this coming, and bailed on purpose. He was the only reason we made it this long. He knew how to think globally.

On top of the failing economy, you have all kinds of money going out the door. The big Air Force - Airbus contract (which is now being re-submitted), Anheiser-Busch bought by a Belgian company, blah, blah, blah.

I've got some dollars to trade, if anyone has any extra Euros laying around.
It's kinda like when it was Kerry and Bush. There just wasn't a good choice and it really WAS too early to withdraw from Iraq (though I don't think that's the case any longer). I think an Obama/Clinton ticket really would help to unite the whole nation. I hope they haven't thrown that out the window.

I'll never support anyone who calls his own wife a word that begins with c and rhymes with shunt. I lost all respect for my home state senator that day. If he can't keep his cool talking to his own wife in public, what's his foreign policy going to be like?
Devryn is offline  
post #6 of 23 Old 07-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Veteran Member
 
demonspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 4,544
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn View Post
Careful...I didn't turn this into a Presidential post. There are people who support Obama...A little over half the Country right now.
That's fine as I was just poking a little fun. I'm not a fan of either Candidate. One has to use some common sense when choosing between the "lesser of two evils".

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
demonspeed is offline  
post #7 of 23 Old 07-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Senior Member
 
dshane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 637
 
Bernanke and w dont want to fix the economy. With it going in the toilet it serves their purposes better. How do you fix a depression?



Start, excuse me, be drawn into, a major war. This will make the people that put w in power richer and the rest of us more subserviant to them and their whims.


One mans opinion, your milage may vary.

2006 Dodge Charger Daytona

Top Banana! 0653 of 4000
dshane is offline  
post #8 of 23 Old 07-15-2008, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,153
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshane View Post
Bernanke and w dont want to fix the economy. With it going in the toilet it serves their purposes better. How do you fix a depression?



Start, excuse me, be drawn into, a major war. This will make the people that put w in power richer and the rest of us more subserviant to them and their whims.


One mans opinion, your milage may vary.
Definately. Iran anyone?

Of course, I think war used to be the answer. There was a time when war did strengthen our economy...Of course that was a time when America was still an industrial nation...Oh yeah, and when our gov't didn't give every contract for war to Halliburton/KBR (the Vice Presidents own company)
Devryn is offline  
post #9 of 23 Old 07-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Senior Member
 
dshane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 637
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn View Post
Definately. Iran anyone?

Of course, I think war used to be the answer. There was a time when war did strengthen our economy...Of course that was a time when America was still an industrial nation...Oh yeah, and when our gov't didn't give every contract for war to Halliburton/KBR (the Vice Presidents own company)
It still might have been the answer, but deals like KBR got drove out any competition here at home. Which drove those types of industries overseas and left us as a service/consumer economy. Theres only so much money to go around when you are not creating new goods. We may be seeing the end of that money now.

2006 Dodge Charger Daytona

Top Banana! 0653 of 4000
dshane is offline  
post #10 of 23 Old 07-15-2008, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,153
  
I don't understand when we recognize that there is this thing called a global economy, why there's no push to GLOBALIZE the economy. A global currency would be a good start. Hell, the EU did it, why can't the members of G8 get out there and start forming a plan?
Devryn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome