What a crappy day - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 11-03-2015, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

What a crappy day

Okay, so the weather is looking good, three great days, soooooo

I drive the Camaro to work today ... I leave home at about 0345, so you know it is dark ... down the 2 lane US Highway ... doing great, butttttttt ...

crest a hill and this big fat Raccoon (or maybe a skunk, by the slight lingering smell when I got to work) is lumbering right down the middle of my lane away from me ... no time nor inclination to jerk the wheel, so dead center on the splitter ... one dead raccoon (okay, so it was even a worse day for him / her) ... took a quick look when I got to work, but it was dark, so I went in ... at the end of the day, came out fearing the worst. It was bad for the splitter, but thankfully, I don't think anything past that .... so off for home

down the driveway slow getting ready to turn and line up the car to back into the garage but, WTF!!!!! I look over at the RAV parked on the side of the driveway ... some a-hole did a hit and run on me ... not in my driveway, but I don't know where ... a number of factors on why it wasn't seen before, mostly darkness, but dang ... two comprehensive accidents in one day

I'm not going to claim the Camaro since I have a $500 deductible anyway, the splitter costs $400 and I've got something else that needs to be painted so I'll just get it done at once,

so, how's that for a crap day?

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #2 of 22 Old 11-03-2015, 06:29 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Sorry you had a bad day, they seem to sneak up on you when you least expect it.

You can't always walk around you car after every trip somewhere to see if you have been hit, but you can try. Still won't do you any good without a note from whoever......wishful thinking.

Sorry my friend!

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #3 of 22 Old 11-04-2015, 06:21 AM
Premium Member

Hokie, that's more like a nightmare than a bad day. Thankfully all can be repaired, and only the raccoon was hurt. Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed. Sorry for all your issues.
post #4 of 22 Old 11-04-2015, 08:22 AM
ユキヒョウ

Ouchies....that's awful, sorry to hear. but at least it's all fixable.

2019 1SS/1LE
post #5 of 22 Old 11-04-2015, 02:29 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
That sucks.. i had someone turn around in my driveway.. i am guessing, i went out to my daughters car one day and there was a dent in the fender and the marker light was broken out and laying in the driveway... wtf..

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd 426hp
December 2013 Member of the Month
post #6 of 22 Old 11-04-2015, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWD621 View Post
Sorry you had a bad day, they seem to sneak up on you when you least expect it.

You can't always walk around you car after every trip somewhere to see if you have been hit, but you can try. Still won't do you any good without a note from whoever......wishful thinking.

Sorry my friend!
Yeah, I try to be pretty observant, but this one managed to get by ... had a very rushed weekend and was out of town to go to the race ... hard to track to a time because some of the times when I was in position I was rushing and / or it was dark ... I can easily see how I missed it in the dark ... wish I had driven then other car to work though haha, but it was supposed to be a really nice day. Oh well, like you all say, it can all be fixed ... I'll get a picture of the splitter, it shows it was a pretty big raccoon

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
post #7 of 22 Old 11-04-2015, 06:57 PM
sdk
Veteran Member

Garage
I hope tomorrow is better for you!!

2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina
post #8 of 22 Old 11-05-2015, 09:39 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Hokie....yea what a crappy day. Remember my story???? Only had Cami 6 weeks....brought her to be washed...employee didn't see the door open and hits her with a Dodge Hemi truck in next lane....$4000 damage that they paid for. Anyways...I'm hysterical...I call Mike to pick me up as Camaro needs to be towed. Drove 1 mile to our house and some teenager rear ends our Mustang at a red light. Yep 2 cars...2 accidents 30 minutes apart

2013 2LT/ RS Blue Ray Metallic VERT..."Cami"
2010 Grabber Blue Mustang VERT......."Stella Blue"

January 2014 MC Member of the Month!

post #9 of 22 Old 11-10-2015, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas girl View Post
Hokie....yea what a crappy day. Remember my story???? Only had Cami 6 weeks....brought her to be washed...employee didn't see the door open and hits her with a Dodge Hemi truck in next lane....$4000 damage that they paid for. Anyways...I'm hysterical...I call Mike to pick me up as Camaro needs to be towed. Drove 1 mile to our house and some teenager rear ends our Mustang at a red light. Yep 2 cars...2 accidents 30 minutes apart
now that you mention it, I do ...

so I have joined your club of two in a day without being at fault

to update, Allstate is calling the RAV a hit by an uninsured motorist and my deductible for that is only $200 vice $500 for comprehensive, so saved some there. FEDEX tried to deliver my splitter for the Camaro today and no one was home and they required a signature (dang I hate when they don't tell you that) ... will have another chance tomorrow, but I have to take the RAV for its estimate ... I'm sure FEDEX will show up during the hour and a half I am gone.

post #10 of 22 Old 11-15-2015, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

got my splitter $400 and estimate $287 painted and installed dang raccoon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5113.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	48273  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page