Why is applying for new jobs always scary? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 10-01-2008, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Why is applying for new jobs always scary?

I'm not sure why this makes me a wreck...This will be the third job I've applied for as a civilian. The first one I was offered the job, but couldn't take it because it conflicted with the remainder of my military committment. The second one I was offered and accepted (current job). Now I've applied for what is essentially the same position for the City of Scottsdale. It's more money (3K to 20K more per year than what I'm making now). I'll be going from County to City, but it'll be from a poor ass County to a rich ass City...

I sent in my application package this morning...I've got to tell you...I make my application packages different enough that I ALWAYS get a call. I'm great at this "game." Better than most anyway. I expect I'll get a call this time and believe that I have a pretty good shot of getting the job once interviewed. What I hate is the "probationary period" that all of these jobs have for the first 6 months. The "probationary period" of my current job ****ed near gave me an anuerism. After going from the military to where you can't get fired, to just having that possibility of being fired over ****ed near anything during a probation period freaked me out. Now I'm at that point it would be very difficult to fire me again, and if I switch, I'll have to go through it all over again. Seriously, I don't know if I can handle it again...

Anyway...I've got some policy and procedure to read before they give me a call...Thanks doc.
post #2 of 6 Old 10-01-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn View Post
Now I've applied for what is essentially the same position for the City of Scottsdale. It's more money (3K to 20K more per year than what I'm making now). I'll be going from County to City, but it'll be from a poor ass County to a rich ass City...
Perhaps its because you are applying for a job in Snobsdale and you aren't a Ken doll with a Jag S-Type?

I hear you there, I'm trying to get back into working now after a year off (my longest time unemployed since I was 12), which has remade the application process scary. I used to kinda get nervous, but I'm a wreck!

Good luck!! I'm sure you have nothing to worry about; probationary periods are for ding-bats who aren't the type to worry about it in the first place.
post #3 of 6 Old 10-01-2008, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norah View Post
Perhaps its because you are applying for a job in Snobsdale and you aren't a Ken doll with a Jag S-Type?

I hear you there, I'm trying to get back into working now after a year off (my longest time unemployed since I was 12), which has remade the application process scary. I used to kinda get nervous, but I'm a wreck!

Good luck!! I'm sure you have nothing to worry about; probationary periods are for ding-bats who aren't the type to worry about it in the first place.
LOL Yeah...I'm going to have to watch it since I NEVER call it Scottsdale. I call it Snotsdale. They pay better than any city or County in the area though.
post #4 of 6 Old 10-01-2008, 08:08 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Good luck man, sounds like a nice opportunity.

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #5 of 6 Old 10-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Veteran Member

hey i understand your pain man,hell when i was in jerz i was unemployed for 4 months and when i finally got a job i lost it after 2 weeks and 2 weeks later i get another job only to move to north kakalaki i was unemployed for 3 weeks but hell i **** near got fired for actually being TOO SYMPATHETIC to a service customer and my dumbass self accidently left the sunroof WIDE OPEN for the past 2 days and completely forgot about it and then it rains like hell last nite on a HUMMER H3 used that we have.i hope i don't loose my job over that,but anyway man like i said I KNOW EXACTLY how you feel.

The Induction may be forced but your humilation is up to you

5th GEN.Org's Offical Protagonist
UNITED STATES ARMY 19K
Currently with 3rd ID,2nd brig,1-64th armored battalion,d-co,2nd plt FT.Stewart,Georgia
DOG FACE SOLIDERS HOOAH
post #6 of 6 Old 10-02-2008, 05:40 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOST SS View Post
hey i understand your pain man,hell when i was in jerz i was unemployed for 4 months and when i finally got a job i lost it after 2 weeks and 2 weeks later i get another job only to move to north kakalaki i was unemployed for 3 weeks but hell i **** near got fired for actually being TOO SYMPATHETIC to a service customer and my dumbass self accidently left the sunroof WIDE OPEN for the past 2 days and completely forgot about it and then it rains like hell last nite on a HUMMER H3 used that we have.i hope i don't loose my job over that,but anyway man like i said I KNOW EXACTLY how you feel.
<off topic> Holy Friggin' Run-on Sentence, Batman! Punctuation, man....it is your friend!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page