bye bye firebird. i hate my dad - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 92 Old 10-07-2008, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

bye bye firebird. i hate my dad

i hate my life right now. sorry to sound so emo. but i was stupid this past february and bought a car with my dad as a cosigner. the "cop attractant red" firebird, it was everything i wanted (well, of course i wanted a trans am but wanted a v6 so that i didnt blow all my money modding... bc i would have ) history- my dad is a lying sack of dog ****. he goes back on everything he says. so i guess this was my fault for doing this with him. its my fault for believeing him. also, i make payments myself, insurance myself, mods myself, shop myself and everything myself, so dont start thinking i got it handed to me. i worked for my baby. and now shes being taken away.
i bought the car when i was in my frehsman yearr of college. so i only drove it the weekends i went home. when summer came, he put restrictions on my driving... yeah, im 19 and had a curfew. i wasnt allowed to have ym car past midnight, tho i could saty out as late as i wanted. so i told my dad last week, school sent me an email that i can buy my parking pass now. he said **** no ur not taking ur car to college. when he said last year when i first bought it that i could. he goes back on everything he says. i go to school ok? last year i got out of class at 5 and would work until 4 am every single ****ing night to get this car. i worked 2 jobs over summer doing **** i hated for this ****ing car. why the **** would i pay for a car that i cant even drive? its sitting at home rotting away. and i cant even drive her. so my dad said fine if thats the way u want to act, then ill give u the $2100 u have invested into payments and ill take the car. so thats it. and if that $2100 comes it will be amazing. i have $1800 in the bank plus $2100 ill be getting leaving me with $3900 to get a ****ing v8 beotches!!!!! yeah, i got sick of that lack of speed and modding capabilities. even tho my bird got me away from the piggys and beat the v8 stangs. she served me good. but its time to go fast *****es. im looking at the bright side. and the bright side is im getting a trans am or z28. so anyone with the price range of $3000 with a not so perfect trans am or z28 that needs work that transamsam98 can help me out on (hes my boyfriend, hes on here, you prob know him) then PM me. because im itching for a new car. dont get me wrong. that car meant the world to me. i love her. but i loathed her as well. the restrictions my dad made made me grow to hate her. so sorry this is so long. im jsut really angry and sad right now. because im going to miss my baby.
post #2 of 92 Old 10-07-2008, 07:22 PM

my apologies to hear about a parent who was more of a hobo then a father.

i know where your coming from, sadly when i had my eighty eight olds royale, i had to be home by 8PM and i was 22....now keep in mind it was a 6 cyl, with 160k miles, and in NO way performance (the speedometer stopped at 90).

or or or, when i bought my gpa's car (91 honda), within 2 weeks of getting it being told and WITH WRITING that anything that breaks in the car within 2 months of purchase will be paid in full by him, not me....well, a week into getting the car im pulling out of my driveway and boom, car overheats, smoke pouring out the hood, and i cant get the car to turn over....ring ring, phone call to gpa? his response..."well, thats tough, but whats tougher is me saying i aint fixing anything, have fun with that lemon"....

yea...gonna be fun seeing him at xmas...gonna show him a lemon, gonna use lemon juice in december on his new cadillac CTS and see if he likes being a jerkoff.

karmas a *****, and she isnt a female dog
post #3 of 92 Old 10-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Veteran Member

well i hope you get your money from your "dad" and you get a great deal on a z..

keep your chin up sista!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54inches View Post
Facebook has sucked me into Farmtown.

What can I say I love virtual plowing.
post #4 of 92 Old 10-07-2008, 07:38 PM

****!

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #5 of 92 Old 10-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Veteran Member

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Tiffany but you sound like you've got a great head on your shoulders. Hang in there and remember you can always hang out here on the boards if you need to rant.

post #6 of 92 Old 10-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Veteran Member

Don't bother with a $3k money pit until you're out of college. It will be worth the wait.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #7 of 92 Old 10-07-2008, 09:02 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Sucks to hear about that car situation.

But good to hear that you're making the most of it with future plans!
That's the right attitude to have, rather than "wallowing in the mire", just put it behind you and look to the future. Right on!

Getting into another f-body is a great way to put the knowledge you've gained with this car to good use. Unfortunately, a $3,000 car is going to have problems, bottom line. So unless you're prepared to deal with that, perhaps look into getting a loan and getting a better car to start out with.

But which ever route ends up working for you, best of luck!

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #8 of 92 Old 10-07-2008, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneZ28 View Post
Unfortunately, a $3,000 car is going to have problems, bottom line.
Unless you get a Honda...

Oops, said the quiet part out loud.
post #9 of 92 Old 10-07-2008, 09:25 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linfone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneZ28 View Post
Unfortunately, a $3,000 car is going to have problems, bottom line.
Especially if you get a Honda.
Fixed.

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #10 of 92 Old 10-07-2008, 09:29 PM

I see older Civics and Cavaliers on the road at an equal amount. But... other than that, when's the last time you saw a Corsica or something similar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page