Our new ride..2007 GXP - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 10-07-2008, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Our new ride..2007 GXP

Well our dreams of a 5th gen have been put on hold for a while. As a few of you know my wife and I are going to have our first child it was time for a bigger car. So we got a 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP

But we both did not want to sacrafice on performance. We were looking at a few 4 door cars but mostly Chargers, well we went to a Pontiac dealer that had a used Charger for sale. While there I know there was a GXP Grand Prix there and Well the GXP caught us by surprise on so many levels. Just an amazing car. And this was an afterthought car that bumped up to the top. As with any GXP its fully loaded except for the nav screen. Everything you could ask for. Power everything, 6 disk monsoon with XM radio, Heads Up Display(sooo cool) leather heated seats, dual climate zones, tapshift (the paddle shifters on the wheel), remote start, Trip and info center that gives you info on tire pressure volts and milage oil and engine hours even has a mode that tells you the G's your pulling around a corner (another soo coool feature) sunroof and a few other goodies I can not think of off the top of my head, like I said loaded.. . No major mods as this will be our DD and family car. but with a 5.3 303 HP V8 it gets going very well. With DoD over 25MPG highway.. 0-60 in 5.7 seconds..has Bilstein shocks and crossdrilled rotors on some nice red brake calipers. 18" wheels. The exhaust sounds great stock. Like I said there is stuff I forgot to mention about the car. I think Pontiacs got one heck of a performance sedan that for the price far exceeds the G8. not that the G8 is not an awsome car and if it was a little less in price it would of been a consideration. But I think the GXP GP is overlooked I think by many people. And with the hurt any car with a V8 is getting for sales is a performance bargain. The only downside of the car is it is FWD. But I can live with it.

1994 Z28 Autobot

I would like to thank the person that came up with these fine avatar and signature's.
post #2 of 21 Old 10-07-2008, 09:48 PM

Nice!
post #3 of 21 Old 10-07-2008, 09:49 PM

Nice find, I drove an Impala ss when they first came out with the V8 FWD and I was quite impressed, but I HATE Torque steer, so I opted for a CTS.

Good luck on the kid, my second is 11 months old today!

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #4 of 21 Old 10-07-2008, 09:52 PM
Veteran Member

sweet congrats... on the car too

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54inches View Post
Facebook has sucked me into Farmtown.

What can I say I love virtual plowing.
post #5 of 21 Old 10-07-2008, 09:53 PM

Thumbs up

I love the aggressive and sport look of those GXP's. The fact that it has a 5.3 that puts out 303 HP is great too. You have a sleeper there. Many will be surprised when they come up to the line against you and get dusted.
post #6 of 21 Old 10-07-2008, 09:53 PM

I would've gone with a newer Malibu v6.
I like the styling and interior design. Awesome.
post #7 of 21 Old 10-07-2008, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linfone View Post
I would've gone with a newer Malibu v6.
I like the styling and interior design. Awesome.
I'm surprised you didn't recommend the 2007 Honda Accord. Which looks eerily similar to the 2007 Chevy Impala.
post #8 of 21 Old 10-07-2008, 10:03 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Dude nice purchase!
The GP GXP is an awesome ride, great power and sweet handling.
You will LOVE IT! Congrats!

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #9 of 21 Old 10-07-2008, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Linfone..we did look at a few bu's but were not much for the price range we were looking at..base models.though really nice if we were going to get a bu it would of been out of our price range for what we wanted...and also we wanted a performance sedan..

Well for what we got it for its a steal.

1994 Z28 Autobot

I would like to thank the person that came up with these fine avatar and signature's.
post #10 of 21 Old 10-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Veteran Member

Sweet. My sister's friend owns one and I mean **** that little FWDer is pushed to the limits. I love it.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page