DigitalCorvettes is reporting a rumor that production on the Corvette ZR1, Chevy's new super car we just drove a month or so ago, has been halted at the Bowling Green Corvette plant. We knew the Corvette plant was on shutdown this week, but we fully expected the plant to resume production next week. Digital Corvettes is now reporting that's now not the case. We've got no evidence to substantiate this rumor other than what the Corvette-lovers over at DigitalCorvettes are reporting. To be fair, we can't believe this is true, and we've put in a call to Chevy PR
to confirm or deny the rumor. We expect to hear back from them by the morning at the latest. Full rumor report below the jump:
1. ZR1 production has been halted at Bowling Green despite orders to fill.
2. There is nothing wrong with the ZR1 itself. No production line issues that warrant it being stopped.
3. There is no official word from GM yet. Key word, 'official'. But, there is 'word' and we are hearing it.
INFO COMING IN
1. The ZR1 model itself may be on the chopping block, or has already been cancelled.
2. GM is losing their butts on each one.
3. This is a management decision and for financial reasons only.
4. Major changes coming for Corvette production.
Personaly i do think this is sad and im pretty sure its the Sign of the Bad economic Times..But **** with the Very limited Production Those Things will Fetch a Huge Dollar in 20 years.