Last try - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 10-08-2008, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Last try

I am going to try to buy one more car with my moms help after this car I am done I will be ordering a Camaro.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...999&cardist=13

Its got ok gas mileage and it looks so sexy. I love that look all I would do is add a WS6 hood and I'd be in LOVE!
post #2 of 22 Old 10-09-2008, 09:49 AM
See You On Course

I don't know. Adding a WS6 hood to a V6 is kinda rice. Enjoy the car as it is, don't try to make it look like something it's not.

When I bought my Vette, the previous owner had made mods, like air intake, exhaust, headers, etc..., and he put an LT4 decal on the car. It may have had extra HP, but it was no LT4. I don't understand that. I took it off as soon as I could.

Just my opinion, but dressing up a V6 to be a WS6 is kinda silly.

Otherwise, that's a good price, and a really good looking car. That would be a good car to have.

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

post #3 of 22 Old 10-09-2008, 09:53 AM

idk but i cant see the link.

but im guessing u have a bird n u want to put a ws6 hood on it.
and no offense, to the guy under me but theres nothing wrong with that.
it prob wont happen anymore bc of my situation but i planned on putting the ws6 hood on my car and the trans am spoiler on it as well. it just looks tons better.
but seriously, thats not rice. its perfectly fine.
its not like hes putting ws6 badges on it or like mustang fags who put cobra badges on a v6. he likes the hood bc it looks nice. and its very common.
post #4 of 22 Old 10-09-2008, 09:57 AM
See You On Course

But correct me if I'm wrong, but it's adding features that don't make a difference. That's how people have defined Rice. Does the WS6 hood have functionality on the factory car?

I guess rice isn't really if you add parts that are stock on one version of a model to another version of the model. The rear spoiler I can see, but the WS6 hood, I don't know. But, to each his own. I certainly don't have the best taste in the world, other than thinking the Camaro is the best thing since sliced bread.

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

post #5 of 22 Old 10-09-2008, 10:00 AM

ok, ws6 hood serves basically no purpose. its all for looks anyways.
and rice is, to me, is absurd cosmetic modding.
so is everryone who buys an ss spoiler for their z28s because it looks good considered rice? ur making it something its not. in my opinion, no.
post #6 of 22 Old 10-09-2008, 10:05 AM
See You On Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUONCRS View Post
But correct me if I'm wrong, but it's adding features that don't make a difference. That's how people have defined Rice. Does the WS6 hood have functionality on the factory car?

I guess rice isn't really if you add parts that are stock on one version of a model to another version of the model. The rear spoiler I can see, but the WS6 hood, I don't know. But, to each his own. I certainly don't have the best taste in the world, other than thinking the Camaro is the best thing since sliced bread.
Quoting myself again. I said the spoiler I could understand.

The hood, though, looks like it has intakes for something under the hood that is not on the regular cars. I was asking if it was or not, I don't know. Only seen one WS6 and they didn't raise the hood. If it's only for looks on the WS6, then I say sure, throw it on any other model you want.

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

post #7 of 22 Old 10-09-2008, 10:11 AM
Veteran Member

it looks like a nice car...I say go for it.

I don't have a problem with putting a WS6 hood on it...I think they look cool. I don't think it's "rice"...it serves as much purpose as any other body mod. Personally though, I think if you plan on buying a 5th gen anyway, I'd save the money towards that and not spend it on a hood (or any other mods) on this one...you wont get that $$ back. If you need a DD car, just buy it, drive it and take care of it.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #8 of 22 Old 10-09-2008, 10:15 AM

ws6 hoods are $700 new
thats barely a dent in the camaro price.
i agree, y dont u just save for the camaro if thats what u want?
post #9 of 22 Old 10-09-2008, 10:30 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdBabe View Post
ws6 hoods are $700 new
thats barely a dent in the camaro price.
yes, but add in paint and prep...it adds up. Unless you can find a used one in the same color.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #10 of 22 Old 10-09-2008, 10:33 AM

u can find them used for $200 as well.
and when i bought paint it was $60 so not that much.
and prep idk how much that is bc ive got a gun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page