Have yall ever wondered ?????? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 10-22-2008, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Have yall ever wondered ??????

I have heard before ( I dont know if its true ) that Gm , Ford and Dodge all as american automakers have an idea or atleast a clue on what each other have/put in there vehicles.

In recent years Gm has proven to be one of the Top if not "THE TOP" performance automaker when it has come down to its Camaro and it's Corvette.

In a few weeks or maybe even less Mustang will release there new car and possibly give some information on there New powerplant that is supposed to be pushing 400hp and possibly more.
Do yall think Gm will stand behind its history and Top mustang when it comes to Hp ?

Weight is going to play a factor from what I have read however I hope thats not the case and that Gm stands tall once again. I know with mpg and etc its hard to pump out those high reving hp motors that we like. Something has stuck in my head since 2003 I remember a car and driver where Ford put there Charged Stang up against our Last Generation Camaro ( the last meeting and comparrison ) And that irked the hell out of me because out of all the times we went up against Ford and there Stang they had to put an all motor Camaro up against a Charged Stang.....couldnt they have used there Gt like they have in the past ? Noooooooo I know we have chosen to take a different route as in using natrual aspurated motors but when it came down to showing how they can beat us IMO it was the chicken way out. I cant find the mag off hand but the last line said something about Camaro being dead and long live a legend !!!!!!!!!!

There has been so much said that Gm is late out of the gate with our Camaro and what if GM is behind in performance.....nothing more do I want but GM to prove something with this car.

It just makes me wonder......how will our car rank to the mustang ?

I guess we will have to wait a few more weeks for details

Last edited by Jekyll-N-Hyde; 10-22-2008 at 08:46 PM.
post #2 of 24 Old 10-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Veteran Member

as long as mustang keeps useing a solid rearend its never really gonna be much of a contender

'Winning'
post #3 of 24 Old 10-22-2008, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modsled View Post
as long as mustang keeps useing a solid rearend its never really gonna be much of a contender

meaning not move forward with an IRS ? I know a lot of people who dont like the IRS.....but I guess its all about what you want in a car lol
post #4 of 24 Old 10-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Veteran Member

well IRS is superior in so many ways...But mostly at getting the power to the ground

'Winning'
post #5 of 24 Old 10-22-2008, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

True !!!!!! I just know so many more who love there solid rear axles. I dont have a pref but then I have never owned a IRS.......Yet
post #6 of 24 Old 10-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonaYellow69ss396 View Post
True !!!!!! I just know so many more who love there solid rear axles. I dont have a pref but then I have never owned a IRS.......Yet
true but you've got to commend ford and chevy for building some bulletproof rear ends in their history

The Induction may be forced but your humilation is up to you

5th GEN.Org's Offical Protagonist
UNITED STATES ARMY 19K
Currently with 3rd ID,2nd brig,1-64th armored battalion,d-co,2nd plt FT.Stewart,Georgia
DOG FACE SOLIDERS HOOAH
post #7 of 24 Old 10-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Veteran Member

I haven't had the pleasure of IRS either, even the oldsmobile had a live rear axle.
The s-10's ride can **** near knock out tooth fillings though. :/

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #8 of 24 Old 10-23-2008, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOST SS View Post
true but you've got to commend ford and chevy for building some bulletproof rear ends in their history
True the 12bolt and 9inch were BIG for there time and still are for gearheads who love to race ! and lets not forget the Dana !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwinkle View Post
I haven't had the pleasure of IRS either, even the oldsmobile had a live rear axle.
The s-10's ride can **** near knock out tooth fillings though. :/

No kidding....maybe thats why they are getting more airbagged suspensions with larger diameter wheels and tires as we speak lol IMO they look better that way as well.
post #9 of 24 Old 10-24-2008, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOST SS View Post
How bout that IRS rear on the GTO with the balsa wood half-shafts?
post #10 of 24 Old 10-24-2008, 04:52 AM
Veteran Member

IRS for a daily driven 'hotrod' is the best! With the right halfshafts, it's an unbeatable package for comfort and performance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page