BILLS AND BILL COLLECTORS - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 10-30-2008, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

BILLS AND BILL COLLECTORS

I Know that bills are apart of everyday life and pay them on time is the responsible thing to do but if you're like most americans you're not making enough or out of a job in this current economic time.well if you're like me who have been bouncing around from job to job and then moved to another state.Since I have been bouncing from job to job i haven't been quite exactly on time with my bills(mainly my student loans and my car),my car hasn't been repo'd because i've managed to save it(by paying my what i owe to catch me back up).But my student loans have been on the back burner because well yeah i owe 15,500 and it'll take me a decade to pay them off and yes they've been calling insessantly when i was out of a job and how can i pay anything with no money comming in? I've tried stating what my current financial status was to them.i have a better chance of running for president and winning on Novemeber 5th because they simply were not listening and continued to call me.
Then i moved to North Carolina for a fresh start and hoping when i start a better job i can save money and eventually pay down my debts.well i'm about i'd say 6 months due in back payments and because my grandmother didn't do what my mother had asked her to do which was to say i had moved out to live with my father or i had joined the army and i'm in Iraq when they called her trying to get ahold of me.well she buckled and didn't say anything and she gave them my cell phone number,you can imagine my bewilderment and astonishment when i get the first call from them.well i have since ignored their calls but now since my phone has no minutes left on it they've gone a bit on the nutjob side.well TODAY while i was helping my mother put grocieries away the phone here at home rang and i'm thinking it's fed-ex telling me i can start working for them.NO It's Sallie Mae(the company that i have student loans with) and then after finding out it's them i hang up and i had the same sense of betrayal that i had when my grandmother gave them my cell phone number.i'm thinking they called her and pressured her and she gave them the house number.Here is where it gets a bit nutty(i'm sorry if i'm sounding a bit brittish).The guy CALLS MY NEXT-DOOR NEIGHBOR and pretends to talk to them about buying a house in the area and saying I said it's a nice place to live here.the way i found out that this guy named STEVE called them is because i'm upstairs on the computer and the doorbell rings and it's my next door neighbor(my mom answers the door) she tells her what i just told you guys.but the fact that if steve or anyone else calls here when i'm not here and talks to my stepfather(let's just say you don't want to wake up a sleeping giant )
anyone here have any similar horror stories?

It's not like i'm never going to pay my bills it's just that i'm struggling right now and I know it's my fault for getting into debt and all but sometimes you can't rely on some family members to do what you've asked

The Induction may be forced but your humilation is up to you

5th GEN.Org's Offical Protagonist
UNITED STATES ARMY 19K
Currently with 3rd ID,2nd brig,1-64th armored battalion,d-co,2nd plt FT.Stewart,Georgia
DOG FACE SOLIDERS HOOAH
post #2 of 18 Old 10-30-2008, 03:51 PM

Don't hide! No matter how many times they call you. If you ignore it I guarantee the next time you won't be hearing from them. It will be the local sheriff with an arrest warrant. You should continue to communicate with them because as soon as they figure out you are trying to hide they will stop trying to work with you and that is not the situation you want to be in. Don't take offense to this, just trying to give you some friendly advice.
post #3 of 18 Old 10-30-2008, 03:54 PM
Veteran Member

zomg. I LOVE bill collectors.... Whenever they ask for my mom, I say she's in rehab and to call back in 18 months, then soemtimes they call back, and I tell them she relapsed and she'll be back in a year and a half......

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
post #4 of 18 Old 10-30-2008, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvescp View Post
Don't hide! No matter how many times they call you. If you ignore it I guarantee the next time you won't be hearing from them. It will be the local sheriff with an arrest warrant. You should continue to communicate with them because as soon as they figure out you are trying to hide they will stop trying to work with you and that is not the situation you want to be in. Don't take offense to this, just trying to give you some friendly advice.
i'm not but dayum if that happens there won't be any room in jail for the regular criminals

UNITED STATES ARMY 19K
Currently with 3rd ID,2nd brig,1-64th armored battalion,d-co,2nd plt FT.Stewart,Georgia
DOG FACE SOLIDERS HOOAH
post #5 of 18 Old 10-30-2008, 04:20 PM

I had a collector call me the other day...he asked for me by my name and then he proceeded to tell me who he was with...Immediately I was shocked because it was a debt from a jewelry store that I have never purchased anything from much less finance with.
So the guy starts in asking me questions and I tell him that I don't know anything about that debt. So he starts asking more questions, is this so and so...I answered that is my name. Next question was in your date of birth 4/21/77... I truthfully responded no. Then he asks if the last 4 digits of my SSN was 3303...again I truthfully answered no. Then I hear, ok sir, sorry to bother you and then he hung up. A week later I got notice in the mail from the same people, I called the number on the bill, went through the same spill with a lady and she said that my address would be taken off this bill.

I was greatly relieved that this wasn't my debt, but it was scary how I was linked to this account. I guess those morons where looking for anyone with my name to pin this debt to.
post #6 of 18 Old 10-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvescp View Post
LOL OMG! That's ridiculous. You don't get arrested. You get subpoena'd for a civil trial. It's not a criminal matter.
post #7 of 18 Old 10-30-2008, 05:52 PM
Veteran Member

Dev is right, there are no debtors prisons. It also depends on the debt. Signature loans? They're hard to get back. If there's property up for collateral, then they can repossess that stuff. They can muck with you mercilessly though, once it's in the debt collector's hands. There are some protocols they're SUPPOSED to use, but rarely do they stick to them.

I had a debt collector come after me one time for a debt I had nothing to do with similar to Blue69's deal. A case of mistaken identity. No more issues.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
post #8 of 18 Old 10-30-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn View Post
LOL OMG! That's ridiculous. You don't get arrested. You get subpoena'd for a civil trial. It's not a criminal matter.

Uhmmm....I beg to differ. Been there...done that. It was a nice 6 hours in the hole until a friend of mine bailed me out. The fact that I didn't receive the collection notice made no difference to the judge I had to stand in front of 2 days later.

EDIT***** Appears that the law has been changed after further research....Wow how unlucky for me

Last edited by Wolvescp; 10-30-2008 at 07:13 PM.
post #9 of 18 Old 10-30-2008, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

well it's not that i didn't recieve any notices it's just that HOW THE FU**K AM I SUPPOST TO PAY FOR SOMETHING WITH NOTHING COMMING IN?.i'm mean there is a way to get blood from a stone it's a matter of who's head is being bashed on it

UNITED STATES ARMY 19K
DOG FACE SOLIDERS HOOAH
post #10 of 18 Old 10-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Veteran Member

You seen the movie "Terminator"...(paraphrase) "That bill collector is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until they get paid."

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page