New Mustang Revealed Tuesday - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
The MC Lounge General Discussions. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
POLITICAL AND/OR RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS PROHIBITED

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 11-14-2008, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

New Mustang Revealed Tuesday

So a friend of mine was looking at a forum today at the 2010 Mustang.
He was doing just what we were and still are doing here with our Camaro !!!!!!!!
One thing he did see from Ford motor company is that if the rumor is correct about a 5.0liter producing 400 hp it wonld not be offered until 2011 model year and the 4.6 would still be the motor until the 2nd year of its new body style.

below is what he sent me

Rumor Ford will offer a 5.0L V8 (400 horsepower) in the 2011 mustang. The 4.6 is confirmed in at least the 2010 Mustang. So Blue bloods will have to wait until at the very earliest, 2011 before they get a chance to see a new V8 Engine.
Twin-Turbo Ecoboost V6. At an 800 dollar package this will be very appealing package if offered on the Mustang as well.

The upcoming 5.0L V8 is, according to Ford, so different that it is considered a new engine. How different that actually means it will be is up for debate. Ultimately the claims are that this engine addresses all of the Mod motors shortcomings and supposedly makes somewhere between 400 and 425hp and more than 360lb-ft of torque....numbers which are not out of line with what the latest gen DOHC DI V8's from other automakers have been generating. On less solid footing, some have vaguely insinuated that the 400hp rating was obtained on regular 87 octane juice possibly indicating that the engine is designed to be run on either regular or premium fuel with the 425hp ratings being produced with premium in the tank.

All of this made me wonder if 2011 they do have a 400hp or possibly 425hp 5.0L come out will gm up there hp from 400/422 to maybe 415/430 ?

Last edited by Jekyll-N-Hyde; 11-14-2008 at 09:27 PM.
post #2 of 13 Old 11-15-2008, 08:56 AM

I find it hard to believe they are going to get 400hp out of a 4.6L motor. more power to them if they do.
post #3 of 13 Old 11-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Veteran Member

If they do that and it's still tuned for 87 octane...

Hmmmm..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #4 of 13 Old 11-15-2008, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 383ss View Post
I find it hard to believe they are going to get 400hp out of a 4.6L motor. more power to them if they do.

No it has been said if there is a 5.0L it could 400 possibly up to 425 hp.
however dont expect to see this motor in the new body style until the 2nd year of production 2011. The first year will have the 4.6Liter.

This new 5.0L is a DI engine " direct injection " just like The V6 is in the camaro if im not mistaking.

A friend of mine who lives in michigan said floating around his town which is about 20 minutes from deereborne is the word of a possible 5.0 liter that they are calling COYOTE 5.0
Twin Independent Variable Cam Timing,much broader and flatter torque curves, more effective anti-detonation management and better all around efficiency than a typical NA engine would otherwise be capable of. It also has been said to have aluminum hypereutectics and more beefier cast crank
shaft.

We all know Ford will push the 400hp there is just to much out there talking about it......but my question is FORD is working on the weight problem meaning its not going to be as Heavy as our Camaro....Thats what scares me.
400hp engine and not as heavy

Last edited by Jekyll-N-Hyde; 11-15-2008 at 01:55 PM.
post #5 of 13 Old 11-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Veteran Member

But mustang will probably still have a poopy 5spd manual trans and live rear axle.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #6 of 13 Old 11-16-2008, 04:29 AM
Veteran Member

The simplest answer is that it will be based on the current modular V8 architecture and could be a stroked version of the 4.6L V8.

and the 5 liter is going to be called the...(just my guess) (wait for it) (still wait) (It's comin!!!).... Mustang 5.0. yep they're gonna bring it back. I can almost guarantee it. If they don't, I'll sell my mom's car.

My take: oh the good old 5.slow mustang, lets hope the new one has power to match its displacement.

Haven't seen the mustang yet, but the Camaro wins. not because I favor Chevy over mopar or fomoco, I just think the camaro is the best all-around.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
post #7 of 13 Old 11-16-2008, 06:34 AM
Supporter of common sense

The Mustang can be one hell of a sleeper with just a few mods. If Ford wakes up just a little they can give the new Mustang a nice performance bump to hang with the Camaro SS. If they want too.

Take this 2007 for example, kick back the boost a bit and sans the Alky injection, a car performing near this is not out of the question

10.91 @ 126+ MPH in the quarter mile. This was all done with 93 octane fuel in the tank

Mods

1. It has a intercooled Whipple twin screw now producing 17psi of boost along with Alky injection.

2. It makes just a touch under 500 RWHP and has no other mods except for a pair of Flo-Master mufflers (changed really only to sound better, and slightly louder).

3. Every thing else on the car is totally stock (Rear gears, TQ converter, long-block, Exhaust manifolds, stock cat’s, all stock suspension, etc). It weighs with driver about 3830 lbs !!

http://alternativeauto.com/waterbox/07shopcar_12_2.html

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #8 of 13 Old 11-16-2008, 10:53 AM

Very nice.

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #9 of 13 Old 11-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
The Mustang can be one hell of a sleeper with just a few mods. If Ford wakes up just a little they can give the new Mustang a nice performance bump to hang with the Camaro SS. If they want too.

Take this 2007 for example, kick back the boost a bit and sans the Alky injection, a car performing near this is not out of the question

10.91 @ 126+ MPH in the quarter mile. This was all done with 93 octane fuel in the tank

Mods

1. It has a intercooled Whipple twin screw now producing 17psi of boost along with Alky injection.

2. It makes just a touch under 500 RWHP and has no other mods except for a pair of Flo-Master mufflers (changed really only to sound better, and slightly louder).

3. Every thing else on the car is totally stock (Rear gears, TQ converter, long-block, Exhaust manifolds, stock catís, all stock suspension, etc). It weighs with driver about 3830 lbs !!

http://alternativeauto.com/waterbox/07shopcar_12_2.html

sure, BUT...how many 4.6's without a SC, turbo, nitrous are fast....not too many.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #10 of 13 Old 11-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Supporter of common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
sure, BUT...how many 4.6's without a SC, turbo, nitrous are fast....not too many.
It was mainly directed at 383ss' comment:

Quote:

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page