Well here goes. I've been into American muscle cars as long back as I can remember. My older sister worked for GM at the Linden plant in NJ, so I’ve always been partial to GM vehicles. When I found out GM was bringing back the Camaro and after seeing it in Transformers, I knew I’d eventually have one. Well I’m on my second. I wanted to get one right away, but circumstances what they were, I had to wait. In March 2010, I brought in my Avalanche for service, while waiting I walked the lot at TLC (Terry Labonte Chevy). Had to be an SS, I really wanted a 2 SS, but couldn’t swing it. They happen to have a LS3 - 1SS and was able to make the deal on that. Black with Silver Ice rally stripes. I was going to slowly add interior mods (auto dim mirror, homelink, steering wheel audio controls, and Bluetooth) to make it more 2SS-ish. Do some small performance and handling mods and call it done. I actually made it 1 yr. before my first mod (GM Heritage Grill). Wasn’t enough, I found myself wanting to do more and more (guess I caught the mod bug). Over the course of the next 3 months I bought Borla Touring axleback kit, RotoFab, Forgestar wheels and tires, Kooks headers, and I installed them as I received ‘em. With the internet you can find just about any write-up
Well I got a hankering for a 2011 2SS/RS LS3. I started searching in June 2011, and it took most of the month to find one that I was destined to get; she was all Black. So, off came the RotoFab, and headers. I didn’t want to mess with the grill, so part of my trade deal was for the dealership to swap it over to the new car. Also, they got to keep the Borla exhaust and I got Cyber Grey rally stripes.
I picked up Midnight Angel June 25, 2011 from Bill Black Chevy in downtown Greensboro.
• Custom Airbrushed Hoodliner, design by Pepper Martin
• Hurst Billet Pro2 Short-throw Shifter (44% shorter throw)
• 20” Forgestar F14 Wheels.
• Front 20x10 w/ Continental Extreme DWS 275/40/20
• Rear 20x11 w/ Continental Extreme DWS 315/35/20
• Grey Vinyl Gill Slits – Big Worm Grafix
• GM Black Heritage Grille w/ Chevy Bowtie
• Vintage Camaro Side Emblems
• NC Vanity Plate “Angel 99” (My Women’s Ice Hockey Team reference)
(Carolina Angels and my #99)
• Blue LED Dome & Trunk lighting
• Blue LED footwell lighting