Ekow's Camaro - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Member Camaro Journals & Builds Tell us the story of YOUR Camaro! How you got it and what you've done with it!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 03-08-2012, 07:03 AM Thread Starter

Ekow's Camaro

to to

Hello, my name is Eric. My Camaro story began only as a pipe dream. I recently bought what I thought would be my solid car for a while. It was a 2009 Toyota Corolla XRS. My family only values Japanese cars, you see. So… as far as I was concerned, Hondas or Toyotas were all I should get. Around the same time, my brother (Marc) purchased a Honda Civic. It was my brother who persuaded me to get a Camaro with him because if he did it alone, my parents would definitely have a cow. He sold the idea to me and kept reminding me that we should have hot cars while we’re still young. Like anyone who fantasizes about buying a car they probably won’t get, we built what we would want online obsessing over it.

One weekend, we started to entertain the notion this could happen. So, we started visiting dealerships to get an idea of what we can do realistically. A lot of places we visited wanted to charge us mark-up to make a profitable sale. We finally went to one that wouldn’t as long as we order it directly from the factory. So, that’s what we did. And for the next few weeks, we tracked our future cars from factory to train to truck for what seemed like many months.

When we picked up our cars, they were right out in-front in a perfect row. I was really nervous driving it home. It was wider than what I was used to, not to mention all the attention it was getting as I drove. You could just feel the admiration from passer-byers as you drive!

The next part of this story is heart-breaking. Three days later, I approach an intersection where a car ran a red way too late. We smacked into each other. Long story short – the car was totaled. The frame of the car was bent out of shape and there were other damages that deemed it a pile of smashed metal. The car definitely saved me from getting hurt and the worst injury I got was whiplash.

I went back to the dealership and my salesman who sold me the my car looked at me and asked, "Where's your Camaro??" After telling him I have to do this all over again and order it, he said I wouldn't have to. The exact same car was coming off a truck and happened to be a left-over for sales. They were happy for me to give them another sale!

Two years go by…

I found a group called SoCal HeadTurners who seemed like a friendly lively bunch of Camaro owners. After two meet-ups, I decided that my Camaro should be more unique and mine. Two members referred me to a body shop but more importantly to a car genius named Scott Centra. He really helped me design what would be my first phase of this modding process.

Scott helped me integrate a carbon fiber theme for the car. Generating ideas slowly, the car was taking shape.

So far, the car has:

3d Carbon Rear Spoiler
3d Carbon Fender Vents
KW Coil-Over System
Technostalgia LED Sequential Tail Lamps
Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood
Sider Marker Painted and Smoked
Injen Cold-Air Intake
GM Front Air-Dam and Side-Rockers
Hess Motorsports 21" 3pc Wheels with Toyo Tires
Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust System
Tail Light Bezels in Gloss Black
Smoked Rear Tail lights
Upper and Lower Grills in Gloss Black
Repainted Factory Bumper and Holes
OE Bremo Brake System
Powder Coat Brake Calipers - Red
SS Brake Lines
Seibon Rear Diffuser, Carbon Fiber
Carbon Fiber Overlay, Outside Mirror
Hurst Paddle Shifter Kit
APR Front Splitter
AAC Colorshift Halo Kit & Foglight
Carbon Fiber Fog Light Bezels
Upper-window Visor

Injen Cold-Air Intake Installed

Overlay Carbon Fiber Side-View Mirrors with Gloss Black Design (by Scott Centra)

Hood - Matte Black sides with Gloss Black on Front Tip Fading into Carbon Fiber

Matte Black Rear Spoiler (3d Carbon)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-08-2012, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

Then, came the day to pick it up.

Old Parts

After a Good Wax

So far, so good! This is the first stage in this build. Whether I do future mods in pieces or surges, we'll see. One thing is for certain - this thing will get supercharged sooner or later!
post #3 of 9 Old 03-08-2012, 07:07 AM Thread Starter

I was inspired by two Camaro concepts from the SEMA show in 2010.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-znFG-cIjmK...llpapers+9.jpg

http://images.thecarconnection.com/m...00232133_m.jpg

Initially, I wanted the Black Concept look. Matte/flat black on the hood and rear spoiler. But I also have intentions of improving performance later in the car and perhaps supercharging it. Jay Leno's Concept Camaro's ventilated hood caught my eye! I talked to Scott and he and his painter came up with a design where I can integrate not only flat black, but also gloss black and the carbon fiber.

Last edited by Ekow; 03-08-2012 at 05:00 PM.

post #4 of 9 Old 03-08-2012, 01:34 PM

Looks like you have put a lot of time and money in this ride. Looks amazing. Thanks for sharing your story. Keep adding to this journal as you continue modding your ride. Its a fever we all got the day we bought our Camaro.

JANUARY 2012 MODERN CAMARO MEMBER OF THE MONTH
JUNE 2012 CAMARONEWS.COM CAR OF THE MONTH
http://5thgencarolinacamaros.webs.com/
post #5 of 9 Old 03-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Great job on the story, we appreciate all the details and hard work you put into this. Very nice! Thanks again!

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #6 of 9 Old 03-08-2012, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Glad to do it! I'll be sure to update anything that happens with the car.
post #7 of 9 Old 03-09-2012, 07:22 AM
Support MC & Troops

Amazing story.. glad it all worked out, Awesome Camaro & great Mods

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #8 of 9 Old 03-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Cool pictures and story!

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd 426hp
December 2013 Member of the Month
post #9 of 9 Old 03-09-2012, 11:04 AM

Garage
Dude. Your car is BadA$$. I'm not a fan of matte-anything, but IMO, you have made some excellent choices design wise. Beautiful, beautiful ride man.

K&N Typhoon CAI * Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust * Hurst Short Throw Shifter * Black Phantom Grille * Pioneer AVH-P8400BH - Scosche Dash Kit - Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3 - Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bdCP, T400-4, T1D215, T1692, T2652-S - SubThump 15" Camaro box - Dynamat Extreme - Stinger & Kicker RCA's - Monster, Tsunami, Streetwires, Scosche, and Kicker wiring - Stinger Distribution blocks - Tsunami Breakers - Tsunami and Rockford Fosgate set screw terminals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page