Modern Camaro Forums banner

Seems like the cool thing to do

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  hotrodhoodrat 
#1 ·
I've enjoyed reading other's build threads, and now that I'm actually doing some mods I figured I'd start one as well. Please feel free to ask me about any of my mods, how I like the products, and why I made the decisions I made. I can't guarantee that my answers will be helpful, but I'll do my best.

A little background:
- I have a 2011 1SS, RS, Synergy Green Camaro.
- Keep in mind this is pretty much a weekend fun car and is garaged, so that affects some of my decisions.

Where I'm at right now:
- I had the Flowmaster exhaust system installed late last summer. I'm a Flowmaster fan, my dad has them on his old GTO, I have them on my truck, and I was not disappointed with the Camaro system.
- I just finished the install of the Vararam Super Street (no tune) cold air intake (pictures below). I have to admit the install was a PIA, and I made a few modifications to deviate from the instructions. I just started the break in so I don't have a good idea how it affects the butt-dyno, but I'll post updates.

Future Mods:
- I plan on installing the Pfadt sport suspension kit later this spring.
- I plan on purchasing aftermarket wheels later this spring.
- I will be doing some rebadging soon.
- Possibly painted engine cover and Vararam air box.
- Long tube headers and high flow cats in the more distant future.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm still in the break in period, so I'll keep you posted as far as performance.

As for the install. My radiator didn't "easily" lean back as described. I ended up having to have my wife hold it and a flashlight while I put the intake in. I also identified a wire that was intefering and causing some issues. Overall I suggest you have a second set of hands for the initial install. Also, the supplied process for reversing the radiator mounts does not work unless you are willing to take a dremel to some plastic parts on the radiator, which I was not, so I came up with custom stops that seem to work well.

Its a pain but nothing was a show stopper.

#5 ·
Looking awesome, keep us updated :thumbsup:

#6 ·
I really dropped the ball on this build thread. I've been really busy the last year, worked crazy amounts of overtime last summer/fall and have spent much of the winter catching up around the house.

I installed the Pfadt sport suspension (drop springs, sway bars, end links). Best mod I've done by far. The ride height is perfect, and the handling improved greatly without sacrificing much in the way of ride comfort.

That overtime did pay for some new wheels/tires. I had Budnik Ice wheels custom made for the car with polished lips and brushed centers, they are 20x9 front and 20x10 rear with Nitto Invo tires 245/45R20 front and 295/35R20 rears.

Also, as a note to the above question, the Vararam intake broke in very well. I've had no issues with the changing temps from summer through winter. I don't know if it gained much powerwise, but I like the underhood look and I feel like the car sounds a little better.

I still have some cosmetic mods upcoming as soon as I finish my bathroom remodel, so I will try to update.

Attachments

#7 ·
Kool, can't wait, don't forget pics :D N' :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.