Seems like the cool thing to do
I've enjoyed reading other's build threads, and now that I'm actually doing some mods I figured I'd start one as well. Please feel free to ask me about any of my mods, how I like the products, and why I made the decisions I made. I can't guarantee that my answers will be helpful, but I'll do my best.
A little background:
- I have a 2011 1SS, RS, Synergy Green Camaro.
- Keep in mind this is pretty much a weekend fun car and is garaged, so that affects some of my decisions.
Where I'm at right now:
- I had the Flowmaster exhaust system installed late last summer. I'm a Flowmaster fan, my dad has them on his old GTO, I have them on my truck, and I was not disappointed with the Camaro system.
- I just finished the install of the Vararam Super Street (no tune) cold air intake (pictures below). I have to admit the install was a PIA, and I made a few modifications to deviate from the instructions. I just started the break in so I don't have a good idea how it affects the butt-dyno, but I'll post updates.
- I plan on installing the Pfadt sport suspension kit later this spring.
- I plan on purchasing aftermarket wheels later this spring.
- I will be doing some rebadging soon.
- Possibly painted engine cover and Vararam air box.
- Long tube headers and high flow cats in the more distant future.
2011 Synergy Green Metallic 1SS Camaro:
RS Package, White Ralley Stripes, Premium Sound.
Mods; Flowmaster Exhaust, Vararam CAI, Pfadt Sport Suspension, Budnik "Ice" Wheels, Nitto Invo tires
Upcoming Mods; Custom grill and badging.