My CGM LS Build - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Member Camaro Journals & Builds Tell us the story of YOUR Camaro! How you got it and what you've done with it!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 03-01-2013, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

My CGM LS Build

Ok, well I had some time today and I decided to go ahead and finally start a build thread for my car.

Backstory: It was 2010 and I was a 17 year old senior in high school when I first laid eyes on a Camaro. I knew from that moment that I would do everything in my power to get one. I never actually thought I would get one but hey, a kid can dream right? Well I had a 2006 Honda Element that I used to take me to and from school and loved the thing. It was very roomy on the interior and wasted very little gas. Regardless of this, I went ahead and asked my mom if she could possibly think about getting me a new car. My mother eventually went to my uncle, who is a car nut. She asked for opinions on cars that were safe, reliable, and got decent gas mileage. My uncle immediately pointed out a Camaro. He had a 1979 Camaro Z28 and he has always loved them. Coincidentally, he also had just bought a new white 2011 Camaro LS. When my mom started considering the car, I started to actually believe it could happen! My uncle eventually asked me what color I would like "if I were to get one." I had seen never seen a CGM in person but when I saw one the day before I was asked, I knew that was the color I wanted. Well on December 28, my uncle got a call from Wommack Chevrolet saying that they had brought in a CGM as he requested and it was there if we wanted to see it. We made the 2 hour drive to San Antonio to see it. The whole ride, I was excited that I might actually get one but I tried to remain as non-excited as I could be in case it didn't work out. After just 3 hours of talking with the dealer, my uncle turned to me and smiled. "It's yours" he said. I had never been so happy in my life! I was actually going to be driving a Camaro! When we finally rolled into Laredo, heads turned left and right since not many people had a Camaro yet. The next day, I immediately woke up and looked out the window to make sure the car was still there and it wasn't just a dream. When I saw it, I fell in love again! I immediately headed to my friends house to show it to him! As you can tell from the pics, he loved it too!

Mods To Date

Cosmetics:
  • Stock Cyber Grey Metallic Spoiler
  • LT wheels plasti-dipped black
  • Black Camaro Fender Lettering
  • Red Hood Spears
  • AAC Colorshift and 5000K HID Projector Retrofit
  • 1.3" Front / 1" Rear Pedders Spring Drop
  • LED Fog Lights
  • Red "Gill" Stripes
  • Painted Front and Rear Bowties
  • Tinted Sidemarkers

Performance:
  • Vararam
  • Mace 25" Intake Manifold Insulator
  • Mace Ported Intake Manifold
  • Trifecta Tune
  • Borla Pro-XS Custom Axle-Back
  • Rear-Cat Delete
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bringing Kayla Home!.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	15898   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kayla Front Picture Bone Stock.jpg
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	15899   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kayla Side Shot Bone Stock.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	15900   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hector with Kayla.jpg
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	15901  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 03-01-2013, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

As soon as I got the Camaro, I realized I wanted to change a few things on it to make it my own. Having never ever modified or even messed with a car at all, I started to do research. I stumbled upon this site and immediately I began reading and reading. I started looking for pictures of CGM cars and stuff I could do to them. One night, while searching through photos, I stumbled upon the JBA Camaro. I loved the way it looked! That car was the car that gave me the idea to do a Red/CGM theme on my car.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	JBA Camaro.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	15902  
post #3 of 19 Old 03-01-2013, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

I was so excited to have my car I decided to put a vanity plate I found in the back of my closet.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Vanity Plate.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	15903  

post #4 of 19 Old 03-01-2013, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

A few weeks after having received my car, I went for a cruise with a buddy of mine who had a scion tc. His car has an intake, exhaust and a 75 shot of nitrous at the time. We even took a few pics at a random parking lot!

My friends tc was repainted the 370z blue and now has a turbo in it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Andy and I Photo Shoot Picture 2.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	15904   Click image for larger version

Name:	Andy and I Photo Shoot.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	196.1 KB
ID:	15905  
post #5 of 19 Old 03-01-2013, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

I was searching through ebay for bowtie overlays for my car and found these bad boys. I put them on the day I got them!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bowtie Overlay.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	15906   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Bowtie Overlay.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	15907  
post #6 of 19 Old 03-01-2013, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

To continue the CGM and Red theme I had going, I decided to install red gill stripes on my car and also painted the Heritage Wheel Trim rings.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Painted Trim Rings.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	243.1 KB
ID:	15908  
post #7 of 19 Old 03-01-2013, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Later, I decided that I wanted to add foglights to my car. My uncle helped me come up with a plan to add some. We bought a generic fog light from Wal-Mart for about 20 dollars and wired them to a switch I put in the cabin.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Foglights.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	15909  
post #8 of 19 Old 03-01-2013, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

After that, I decided to look into cheap mods that would make my car look better. We went to autozone and bought some red led strips and put them in the grille area. My new grille lighting!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Grille Lighting 2.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	15910   Click image for larger version

Name:	Grille Lighting.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	15911  
post #9 of 19 Old 03-01-2013, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

I was then bitten by the mod bug pretty bad. I decided it was time for a new exhaust. After about a month of research and looking for deals, I was able to find my borla pro-xs mufflers. Here's a pic of her getting her new axle-back. Also, as you can see in the pic, I added a stock style spoiler to the car.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Custom Axle-back.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	15912  
post #10 of 19 Old 03-01-2013, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

A little after that, I found a great deal for some non-rs lamps with pre-installed AAC dual color halos. Red/White halos. With the help of the friend with the scion tc, we installed them. We started at around 10 pm at night (weather is extremely hot in south texas) and went at it not knowing what we were doing at all. By 7 am, we had everything installed and just needed the wiring and install of the switches. My friend crashed at my house for the night and we tackled it and finished it the next day.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AAC Red Halos.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	15913  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page