Member/Car of the Month - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 Old 05-06-2013, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Member/Car of the Month

Not to step on anyone's toes, but does anyone know what happened to this?! Last I heard was on the 14th of April, MidnightSSS was voted the winner, Envy closed the thread and now, here it is the end of the first week of May.

So, not only did we never get an April winner, but we have no nominations for May...... What gives?!?!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old 05-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Veteran Member

Maybe we are out of members who haven't won yet? LOL

2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS ZEX Wet Shot, Typhoon 63 series CAI, DR Formato Tuned
JULY 2013 M.O.M winner!

post #3 of 41 Old 05-06-2013, 02:26 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
It's a very legitimate question Bucky so I have no problem with you asking. You are correct...MidnightSSS won last month or April...and he responded very quickly with his interview answers but he has never supplied me with a picture of himself with his ride. When people are nominated now...I send them a pm immediately and ask them to check the rules and let me know if they are unwilling to satisfy the requirements. I understand that some people don't want to show a picture of themselves so I allow them the opportunity to bow out. But Midnight agreed to the terms and won...and he promised to send me the picture but he never did. But he did say he would "just give me a couple more days" until it was so late I contacted him and said this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy
As far as I know...I never received a picture from you with your car. So did I screw up and miss your email or did you not ever send one? I would really like to run your story and you are well liked here on the site so I know everyone else is wondering what happened.

Please let me know if you can still get a picture to me ASAP and I'll just make you the May MOTM so we can get things back on track time-wise with the voting. If it isn't going to be possible to get me that picture then please let me know so I can start the May nominations.

I do apologize if you sent the picture and I somehow missed it. I've had a lot going on here at home and I've been distracted lately.
His reply was "I'll send one Saturday"...but on Saturday I got a reply that said he was just to busy to get a picture to me and by the time I read it on Sunday I'm thinking f*ck...what do I do now??? So I sent Jason...our other nominee the last two months a pm and asked him if he would be our May MOTM because that way I could get things back on track with the nominations and voting.

I just don't think it's fair to all the other MOTMs that have supplied pictures to let a few members skirt that requirement...especially since I give them a chance to recuse themselves. I will run MidnightSSS's story with the picture of his car that he supplied...but I'm not going to put it on the front page so I need Helena to tell me how to do that. As it is now...the story automatically appears on the homepage when I post in that section. I sent her a pm this morning to ask but she isn't usually in the office until Tuesday.

post #4 of 41 Old 05-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
It's a very legitimate question Bucky so I have no problem with you asking. You are correct...MidnightSSS won last month or April...and he responded very quickly with his interview answers but he has never supplied me with a picture of himself with his ride. When people are nominated now...I send them a pm immediately and ask them to check the rules and let me know if they are unwilling to satisfy the requirements. I understand that some people don't want to show a picture of themselves so I allow them the opportunity to bow out. But Midnight agreed to the terms and won...and he promised to send me the picture but he never did. But he did say he would "just give me a couple more days" until it was so late I contacted him and said this...

His reply was "I'll send one Saturday"...but on Saturday I got a reply that said he was just to busy to get a picture to me and by the time I read it on Sunday I'm thinking f*ck...what do I do now??? So I sent Jason...our other nominee the last two months a pm and asked him if he would be our May MOTM because that way I could get things back on track with the nominations and voting.

I just don't think it's fair to all the other MOTMs that have supplied pictures to let a few members skirt that requirement...especially since I give them a chance to recuse themselves. I will run MidnightSSS's story with the picture of his car that he supplied...but I'm not going to put it on the front page so I need Helena to tell me how to do that. As it is now...the story automatically appears on the homepage when I post in that section. I sent her a pm this morning to ask but she isn't usually in the office until Tuesday.
I apologize for any inconvience or problems, just have a crazy schedule and too much going on right now

2012 1SS/RS IBM M6 Halltech YellowJacket CAI, Kooks 1/7/8 LT's Corsa Sport CatBack SLP 160 Stat
426/424 rwhp/rwtq Kaltech Tune SOLD!!!!

April 2013 COTM Winner
post #5 of 41 Old 05-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSSS View Post
I apologize for any inconvience or problems, just have a crazy schedule and too much going on right now
It doesn't have to be a professional pic. Just have someone snap something for you.... 5 mins at most.

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #6 of 41 Old 05-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
It doesn't have to be a professional pic. Just have someone snap something for you.... 5 mins at most.
Or hold a cell phone up and snap one...then it could be emailed to me...the whole process would take less than two minutes.
post #7 of 41 Old 05-06-2013, 04:51 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Okay...I just spoke to Jason and he has agreed to be our May MOTM. So I am pming him the questions now and hopefully we will have a thread posted in another day or so.

i do apologize to all our members for not letting them vote this month but I had to do something to get things back on track.

And just an FYI for everyone...next month ModernCamaro will start recognizing ALL Camaros by allowing any Camaro owner...not just 5thGen owners...to be eligible for Member of the Month. This has nothing to do with the current snafu...it's an announcement that I wanted to make several months ago but the nominations and voting have gotten so out of whack that I didn't want to screw over our first non 5thGen owner by shorting their month of honor.
post #8 of 41 Old 05-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Or hold a cell phone up and snap one...then it could be emailed to me...the whole process would take less than two minutes.
i wish i could but i cant get the whole car in the pic by myself lol

2012 1SS/RS IBM M6 Halltech YellowJacket CAI, Kooks 1/7/8 LT's Corsa Sport CatBack SLP 160 Stat
426/424 rwhp/rwtq Kaltech Tune SOLD!!!!

April 2013 COTM Winner
post #9 of 41 Old 05-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
I Nomaite Bucky6707, Oh wait is it June yet....

2013 LT2/RS, Crystal Red Metallic, TAZ Jr.
2016 H-D Ultra Classic, Black Fire Purple, (PPE)
2015 H-D Street Glide, Superior Blue. (Old Blue) Traded
2012 Big Horn, RAM, Crew Cab, SLT, Dark Cherry Red Pearl (Betty Boop)
1998 Honda Accord 2d, daily driver.
post #10 of 41 Old 05-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Livin' the dream!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSSS View Post
Shame on you. Hit yourself with a wet noodle.

Hey Envy, just to save you the hassle, I'll volunteer to be June's Member of the Month.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."... 2 Timothy 4:7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page