October 2009 Member/Car of the Month: Tim aka Octane SS/RS! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 Old 10-12-2009, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

October 2009 Member/Car of the Month: Tim aka Octane SS/RS!

First off congratulations for being the first ModernCamaro.com member/car of the month. It only seems fitting that the creator of such an amazing site receives this honor.

Thank you! I am very honored!
I look forward to participating in these nominations in the future! These will be a lot of fun for the site.

I agree 100%! Letís get started with a few questions.

What got you started with your love for the Camaro?

I've loved Camaros and Firebirds my whole life.
Even as young as 5 or 6, I would be riding in the car with my parents, and my dad would spot a Camaro or Firebird on the road and say "Hey look Tim!" and I'd see it and yell "WOAH! COOL!!!!" and get a big grin on my face.
So I've always been hooked on the looks of Camaros and Firebirds.
Later on in life I was lucky enough to receive a 1994 Camaro Z28 as a high school graduation present.
That became the car responsible for my Camaro love and addiction.
And now with the exception of a few months, I've always owned a Camaro since then!

Sounds like you were made for this car! So whatís the story behind your 5th Gen?

In August 2005, through a contact in media I caught an early glimpse of the Camaro Concept car.
Even though it was a raw, unfinished product, right then I knew I had to have one when it came out.
In September 2005, I took a print-out of the image I had seen and placed it inside a lock box, and brought it with me to the annual Camaro/Firebird Summit, which took place at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY that year.
When I got there, I tracked down Scott Settlemire (aka Fbodfather) who I had met a few years prior.
I gave him the key to the lock box and told him to look at what's inside!
Well, I can't exactly repeat what he said LOL, but needless to say, I absolutely needed to keep it quiet, so I did unless instructed otherwise.
I could swear that Black Suburbans followed me around for a few months after that, hahaha.
(and now you all know the story of the infamous lock box!)

On January 6, 2006, I attended the unveiling of the Camaro Concept in Detroit.
I really cannot explain the aura of the place when the car drove out, came down the runway, and parked on the platform.
It was simply incredible. I had never seen grown men cry from seeing a car before.
People were absolutely awestruck, as was I - even after seeing the drawings!
Shortly after the debut, I said to Scott Settlemire "ok, sign me up. how fast can you build me one?"

Later in 2006, I was lucky enough to be selected as a member of the Camaro Focus Group.
I was truly honored and blessed to have a chance to provide input from the enthusiast community on the development of the car I loved so dearly.
Driving the concept and pre-production cars, talking with designers and engineers on the Camaro Team - it was all a remarkably awesome experience.
GM did a wonderful job of listening to the voice of the enthusiast, as well as keeping the production car true to the concept!

So the day finally came. Pre-ordering started on October 13, 2008.
I took the day off work, headed over to the Chevy dealership and ordered my Camaro.
Finally, after over 6 years of absence, there will be Camaros in showrooms again! SO COOL!
On March 19, 2009, Cliffjumper (aka VIN A9100599) rolled off the assembly line, and then was delivered to me on May 18, 2009.
Many of you have seen my delivery video - an experience I will not forget!

You were rather excited in that video we can't lie about that one! How did the idea of ModernCamaro.com come to be?

As most of us know, ModernCamaro.com began life as 5thGen.org.
The site was originally started by Chris Renner of LS1LT1.com in January 2006, about 3 weeks after the debut of the Camaro Concept, and was the first website dedicated to the new Camaro.
In December 2006, Chris wanted to concentrate his efforts on LS1LT1.com, and put this site up for sale, and I immediately jumped at the chance!
It's not easy running this site single-handidly as a "side project" as I work two regular jobs, but I enjoy every moment of it.
I'm thankful to have a great staff on board that helps out tremendously, and for an amazing user base that loves to participate in our discussions.
I have to also give a huge shout out to all of our sponsors. Without them, this site would not exist.

Amen to that! Where do you see ModernCamaro.com in the future?

I am happy with the progress of the site and its growth, and I would like to see it continue in that fashion.
We might not be the biggest site, but we just might be the best!
We have alot of cool new stuff planned for the future of ModernCamaro.com to enhance the Camaro community, so don't miss out!

Oh, I think we are the best Camaro site out there! Finally do you have anything youíd like to say to ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

It has been a pleasure to run this site as a service to the Camaro community.
As a Camaro enthusiast for so long, I am truly blessed to be in my position, and I can't think of a better privilege.
I hope everyone enjoys the site, and want all to know that we are always open to ideas and suggestions.
I thank you all for your support!

[Interview by JoSSh]

Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 10-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Veteran Member

Congrats Tim.

Last edited by 80s_Adam; 10-12-2009 at 10:12 PM.
post #3 of 35 Old 10-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Veteran Member

Yes Congrats. I can say for someone who has done just what you have with this site you have done an AWSOME job !!!! I'm proud to say I have helped support this site with my post and the little money I have offered.
No matter what it is im here to help and serve my part

way to go Tim

post #4 of 35 Old 10-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Veteran Member

congrats Tim, well deserved! I had no idea you were that involved with the concept. That had to be a truly amazing experience.

IBM 2SS/RS, M6, Blk Leather...
CAI, ARH Headers, Flowmasters, Diablosport tuned, Barton short-throw
Ordered 3/19 Delivered 8/12 VIN# 21970
94' Z28 sold 12/14/09
post #5 of 35 Old 10-12-2009, 10:25 PM
barbarianmotorsports

congrats tim , as a sponsor i am happy i found this site and now a proud sponsor. I believe this site has more a family feel and will do well in the future. i always been a camaro fan and i bought a 5thgen as my first camaro ever. no regrets i like the car and the web site . here to stay for ever. congrats again tim

www.BARBARIANMOTORSPORTS.com
"THE STARTING LINE FOR PERFORMANCE"
post #6 of 35 Old 10-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Veteran Member

Absolutely no surprise here! LOL but congrats to you Tim!

Great interview

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
post #7 of 35 Old 10-12-2009, 10:56 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Congrats Tim you should have been the first and thank you for this wonderful site and thank everyone on here for making this feel like home.

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #8 of 35 Old 10-12-2009, 11:06 PM

Congrats Tim, learn more from you.
post #9 of 35 Old 10-13-2009, 12:04 AM

Congratulations Tim. I wasn't expecting there to be such an insightful interview

BTW. This is the best Camaro site on the internet. Keep up the great work!
post #10 of 35 Old 10-13-2009, 01:35 AM
Veteran Member

Congrats Tim!

Hey, if that is one of your "two regular jobs" polishing 5thGen Camaro rims, mine are looking a bit grimey...what do you charge?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page