December 2009 Member/Car of the month: Powerfreak! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 58 Old 12-16-2009, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

December 2009 Member/Car of the month: Powerfreak!

Congratulations Powerfreak for being December's Member/Car of the month here on ModernCamaro.com!

THANK YOU!

Ok let’s get started with a few questions.

What got you started with your love for the Camaro?

My first car was a very used and slightly beat-up 1969 Camaro. It featured a less than powerful 250ci straight 6 and a lot of bondo. But it was mine and I loved it. Ever since then, I’ve always wanted to be the original owner of a NEW Camaro. In 2002 I wanted desperately to buy one just in case it was truly the end, but my financial situation just wouldn’t allow it.

So…fast forward to late 2005 / early 2006 when the first concept pictures were “leaked”. I liked it…but honestly, it wasn’t love at first sight (yet). I made the trip to the NY autoshow in the spring, and yes, truly, this WAS love at first sight. I couldn’t take my eyes off the silver concept car. I stood there (like much of the crowd) like I was in a trance, just starring at the car. At that point, I knew it would be mine.

What’s the story behind your 5th gen?

My order was placed Oct 14, 2008…and because of that nasty thing called “dealer allocation” it wasn’t built until July 17th. On July 27th perma-grin arrived…I love it, every part of it. They way it drives, sounds, smells…even the way the starter cranks over…it’s perfection.

It didn’t take me too long before the modding itch started…as of now, it has a Vararam intake, American Racing headers, Solo exhaust and Pfadt springs and sway bars (now it REALLY is perfection). In the spring I hope to add a short throw shifter and a set of 4.10 gears…that’ll probably be it for a while.

On a more serious note, all that stuff is great, but the best part is seeing my son’s reaction to the car. I have a 5 year old who was born with a rare and serious form of epilepsy which has delayed his development. He doesn’t really talk all that much, but he always points to the car as says “there!” and he also says “bye” to it when we put it in the garage. Also, whenever I pick him up from school in the Camaro, he immediately picks it out in the parking lot and gets very excited as he climbs into his Recaro booster So…all the money spent on the car and the long wait was all worth it, just to see the joy it brings to him.

How did you come across ModernCamaro.com and what made you stick around?

There’s something about this place. I can’t believe my post count is as bloated as it is, but there certainly is a reason for that. Sure there are other Camaro sites, but this place seems more like a community. For the most part everyone here is respectful and mature, and most importantly everyone here loves the 5th gen. You’ll NEVER see it spelled “Camero” here.

Finally do you have anything you’d like to say to ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

Thanks goes out to Tim for giving us a cool place to hang out…a special thanks to “Fbodfather” and “Super6” for having the passion to convince us to keep the faith during the “hiatus” and help us through all the “sky is falling” rants/discussions.

And of course, thanks to all the members here for helping to make this place what it is.

Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 Old 12-16-2009, 11:05 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Congrats priceless picture

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #3 of 58 Old 12-16-2009, 11:13 PM
Veteran Member

I think you might be smiling a bit too much for having a small child in your lap.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

post #4 of 58 Old 12-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Veteran Member

Congrats

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
post #5 of 58 Old 12-16-2009, 11:35 PM
Veteran Member

Congrats Powerfreak

IBM 2SS/RS, M6, Blk Leather...
CAI, ARH Headers, Flowmasters, Diablosport tuned, Barton short-throw
Ordered 3/19 Delivered 8/12 VIN# 21970
94' Z28 sold 12/14/09
post #6 of 58 Old 12-16-2009, 11:56 PM
Veteran Member

Congrats.. There is nothing better then a father and son and a camaro to share memories with..

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
Look at it this way, if you have "Camaro" written on your car somewhere, you're already starting with a great platform!!
post #7 of 58 Old 12-17-2009, 12:25 AM
barbarianmotorsports

congrats , what are you going to do now that you won the december member/car of the month ? " i am burning rubber to ______".
enjoy , my kid is only seven now and he can't wait to get his hands on one. i know the father/son/camaro feeling.

www.BARBARIANMOTORSPORTS.com
"THE STARTING LINE FOR PERFORMANCE"
post #8 of 58 Old 12-17-2009, 01:02 AM
Veteran Member

Congrats Powerfreak! Great story
post #9 of 58 Old 12-17-2009, 04:28 AM

Nice. Congrats!
post #10 of 58 Old 12-17-2009, 05:29 AM
Veteran Member

I have to say you are one of the people I enjoy speaking with on here through I'm you have been helpful when I had a question and I thank you.

Awsome how such a small thing like a car can be such a Great impact on someone such as yourself and your son's.

Car looks Great man....in a few months I will be right there with you Mod's and all I just hope I have the same luck with mine as you have so far

Congrats on member of the month its well deserved
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page