February 2010 Member/Car of the month: JoSSh! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 Old 02-07-2010, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

February 2010 Member/Car of the month: JoSSh!

I figured if I kept this in an interview style it might look weird like I'm talking to myself so I decided to just kind of tell my story while answering all the questions I would have asked. Sorry for the long read, but I talk a lot

First off I would like to thank all of the support I've had throughout my time here on ModernCamaro.com and I'm beyond honored to be voted Member/Car of the month for February (The month I turn 21!!!)

What got me started with the love for the Camaro?

To tell the complete and honest truth I wasn't much of a car fanatic growing up. I did like cars and I did drool over them as they went by on the road, but I didn't know the difference between a Camaro, a Nova, or a Mustang (We're talking pre teen years here. Remember I'm only 21) Funny enough I started knowing what car was what when I started playing with Hotwheels and Matchbox cars as a kid. I remember my favorite toy car was an 80's model Yellow IROC z28. My interest in cars grew when we got a brand new Firebird in 2000 and I dreamed of owning that car when I got my license. Unfortunately we had to sell it Throughout my years as a kid we owned a lot of awesome cars such as an 85 Corvette and a 79 Trans Am Special Edition (which is still in the garage to this day ) As my interest in cars grew I found myself becoming a huge fan of GM.

I do have to say that Transformers sparked my interest in the 5th generation Camaro, but after I saw one in person for the first time I was hooked and knew that I had to get one.

What's the story behind my 5th Gen?

I posted this a while back in the summer if you read it you can just skip over it.

It all started back on October 5th 2008. I had just got off work and we (all of my friends which also work at the same place) were just sitting outside talking. It was cold that night so we decided to call it a little sooner than normal. My friend needed a ride home so I offered to take him. After dropping him off I took a state route home. It's only 1 lane both ways and the speed limit is 55mph...and that night my life would be changed forever.

A car went left of center hitting me head on. I had zero reaction time whatsoever. I awoke in the wreckage with a firefighter telling me I'd be ok and not to move. I was pinned in the car under the dashboard for over 45min. They had to cut the roof off and pull the car apart in order to get me out. I felt no pain throughout this entire process so I thought I would be fine. Upon getting me out of the car onto a stretcher a paramedic told me they were going to airlift me to University Hospital in Cincinnati...that's when my heart sank. They don't bring helicopters in for nothing. Something had to be seriously wrong.

Jeremy, the firefighter in the back seat telling me I'd be ok.

I ended up with a broken left femur, broken left foot (every bone), and a compound fracture on my right tibia and fibia. One surgery and a blood transfusion later I had titanium rods in both legs and could not walk.

The other car had a driver and 3 passengers all underage. The driver had a cracked rib and one of the passengers had a chipped tooth. The other 2 were completely uninjured.

I was in a rehab hospital for a month and I was in a wheelchair for a total of 2 months. I got on crutches around the end of November and started walking without them in January.

Today I'm pretty much back to normal minus a few insane looking scars on my legs. I'm really lucky to be alive. I got my insurance settlement in July and had my new 2010 Camaro in August. Never in a million years would I have ever dreamed of owning a 5th Gen Camaro. I went through alot to get to this point, but every time I look out the window I'm reminded of all the hard work I had to put into recovering from my accident. To this day I can't look at my car without a big smile on my face.

ModernCamaro.com and Me:

After deciding that I was going to get a new Camaro I decided to poke around on the internet to find a Camaro forum. I'm a bit of a forum junkie and I knew I would need something to occupy my time with as I waited on my car. I found the members here very nice, funny, and helpful. Especially SS-Eric from Classic with his order checking thread. I knew my VIN from him before my dealer even called me!

Now I'm glad to call you guys my second family and I hope the good times keep on rolling! I'm here to stay and I hope to be here with you guys for the long run!

Final thoughts:

Just thank you everyone here for being so awesome! Thank you Tim for giving me the chance to be on the ModernCamaro.com staff. I hope ModernCamaro continues to be the best Camaro website on the internet!

Keep it real guys and gals and again....Thank you all!

Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 02-07-2010, 12:38 PM

JoSSh

Congratulations and Thank You from all of us here in Oshawa , home of your new 2010 Chevy Camaro. Best Regards from Canada.

Super6

2011 Chev Silverado Z-71 Crewcab
Proud GM Oshawa Camaro Plant Employee
post #3 of 42 Old 02-07-2010, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Thanks Super6

Thank you for your fine work on the 5th Gen Camaro. You guys are the ones who we should be thanking

Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?

post #4 of 42 Old 02-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Veteran Member

Congrats. Well deserved win.

JoSSh

JBA Cat Back Exhaust
Pfadt Adjustable Sport Sway Bars
Pfadt Drop Springs
Misc Appearance Changes

Other Car~93 SVT Lightning #260 w/408
post #5 of 42 Old 02-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
Congratulations.... This a bday gift from the people who voted for you If you interviewed yourself that would be kind of funny

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #6 of 42 Old 02-07-2010, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

lol thanks CamaroChic and Ocean

It was an awesome Birthday gift

Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
post #7 of 42 Old 02-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member

CONGRATS, joSSh! and happy birthday too

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #8 of 42 Old 02-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Veteran Member

CONGRATS! you've earned it.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #9 of 42 Old 02-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Veteran Member

Congratulations!!

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
post #10 of 42 Old 02-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Veteran Member

Congrats JoSSh, well deserved

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page