April 2010 Member/Car of the month: RedJewel2SS! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 Old 04-11-2010, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

April 2010 Member/Car of the month: RedJewel2SS!

Congratulations RedJewel2SS for being April's Member/Car of the month here on ModernCamaro.com!

Thank you so much! And thank you to everyone who voted and participated.

Ok let’s get started with a few questions.

What got you started with your love for the Camaro?

It all started when I was 13. My older brother had just got his license and bought a 1987 Camaro Z28. I thought it was the coolest thing in the world. I even got caught stealing it while he was on vacation when I was 14. By the time I was 16, the only car I wanted was an F-Body. The best I could afford was a 1994 green Firebird Formula, back in 2003. I’m sad to say the car lasted 3 months in my possession, because a light pole spontaneously jumped out in front of me when I was pulling out of the school parking lot. I wasn’t aloud another sports car while living under my parents roof, but my love for GM sports cars only grew from there. Every chance I got, I helped my friends with sports cars mod them and also gave them my opinion/advice on everything. I was the gear head in my group of friends, but they had the nice cars.

What’s the story behind your 5th gen?

Ever since I heard about the new Camaro coming out, I felt I HAD to have one! All my friends/family thought I was crazy, and no one thought I would be able to afford a brand new sports car right out of college. I saved, and saved, and saved for 3 years even as a broke college student. My goal was set high and by the time I graduated college, I literally went and placed my order the Monday after graduation day. I was fortunate enough to get a great job after college, and once I got the offer, I just knew I could finally get my sports car back! 10 weeks later, jumping through hoops with the dealership, I finally got my car, and the Perma-Grin will never wear off my face! The car is mine until one of us dies! I joke with my fiancé all the time, telling her, “I love you, but I was married to the Camaro first. So if you don’t mind being a polygamist, you can stay!” …She doesn’t think I’m very funny.

How did you come across ModernCamaro.com and what made you stick around?

I never really was much of a forum guy before joining this site. I think I stumbled across the site researching for different stuff I could do to make my car unique to me. The people on moderncamaro.com are among the best I have had the pleasure of chatting with on the 6 forum sites I am now active in. And I plan on sticking around… this site is my homepage, literally!

Finally do you have anything you’d like to say to ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

Again, thank you so much for giving me the honor of being your Member/Car of the Month! I wish all of you the best, and I can’t wait to read everyone else’s story once they win!

Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 Old 04-11-2010, 08:32 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member

great write up! CONGRATS, RedJewel!!!

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #3 of 48 Old 04-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Veteran Member

w00t! thanks Selena!

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!

post #4 of 48 Old 04-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
Congratulations those light poles you have to watch out for

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #5 of 48 Old 04-11-2010, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

All I know is every picture I see of your car it's always shiny as hell lol

Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?
post #6 of 48 Old 04-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Congrats well deserved

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #7 of 48 Old 04-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Veteran Member

Congrats
post #8 of 48 Old 04-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Veteran Member

Congrats Aggie Car looks Awsome and Clean as always

Well deserved
post #9 of 48 Old 04-11-2010, 11:15 PM

Congrats! I'm looking to buy a new 5th-gen right out of college. I also still have three years to go before I graduate. Could you offer any advice for me on how to start saving? I want to be able to rub it in all of my friends' faces after I've bored them to death talking about it

"Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer."

Commitment= attending college
Action= graduating
Dream= graduating college with a new Camaro
post #10 of 48 Old 04-12-2010, 04:53 AM

Outstanding Story. congratulations and I hope you continue to enjoy and keep the fire burning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page