May 2010 Member/Car of the month: Jekyll-N-Hyde! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 Old 05-07-2010, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

May 2010 Member/Car of the month: Jekyll-N-Hyde!

Congratulations Jekyll-N-Hyde for being May's Member/Car of the month here on ModernCamaro.com!

Thank you very much ! I am honored to be given the chance of being motm.

Ok letís get started with a few questions.
What got you started with your love for the Camaro?

I grew up in a household with a Father who restored hotrods from frame up not just as a hobby but as an occupation on the side of his regular job. He would restore all different types of Chevyís from the tri-fives (55, 56, and 57) to Chevelleís, Novaís and of course Camaroís. I have seen a lot of cars come and go during my youth and there were some that it was very hard to let go of. Since getting attached to a car was something I did quite frequently, I had to tell my self that they were only here to be built and sold as a way to make money. I have always loved cars; however I would have to say that the car that made my love burn for Camaroís was a 1968 Camaro. It wasnít an SS or even a Z28 it was just a Camaro. As a young kid I would sit out in the garage, in the driver seat, dreaming of owning one myself one day. At that time I made myself a promise, one day I will own a Camaro, NO MATTER WHAT IT TOOK.

Whatís the story behind your 5th gen?

I wanted a New Camaro the day I started driving but my mother said NO, you wonít respect it if I just give it to you and it is too much power for a boyís first car. From the age of 17 I decided to put money back for a NEW Camaro and told myself to not touch the money until I got one, well that didnít exactly happen. When the Camaro was killed off I was hurt because my dream of owning a new one was probably over. However it was the words of a man, Scott Settlemire, at a local hooters NORTHTXFBODY Car show in April of 2005 that kept my burning desire and deep passion moving forward. HAVE FAITH! I had my 69 (a car that I got before my 5thgen which is another story) at that show and it was parked next to a black COPO. I stood there listening to Scott speak to another gentleman who happened to ask will there be a new CAMARO? Scott said the Magic words, HAVE FAITH, thatís what I did I had faith. I kept telling myself to have faith, as Scott said, as I patiently waited to hear the news that GM was going to build the Camaro once again. As many of you know when you buy a house things happen every month, costly house repairs, high insurance deductibles and of course high monthly bills. I canít tell you how many times I had my legs kicked out from underneath me to where I had to dip into my car fund and pay for these things, however I always managed to pay it back some how. When I took delivery of my 2010 Rally Yellow SS/RS Camaro people didnít understand why I had tears in my eyes, it was a sweet moment, and I DID IT! Thank You GM for bringing back my dream car and making it possible for me to own a new Camaro.

How did you come across ModernCamaro.com and what made you stick around?

I wasnít looking for it, I actually found it through a search engine while looking for an original battery for my 69. At the time I really didnít see myself getting onto a forum, however when I came across 5thgen.org now ModernCamaro I was hooked. Without running across ModernCamaro my car wouldnít be what it is today.

Finally do you have anything youíd like to say to ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

I would like to say THANK YOU to each of the members who have ever put the time and effort into answering my questions, because without you it wouldnít have happened the way that it did. I also want to give a special thanks to Camaro Scotty for answering my questions early on. If it wasnít for Classic being so close and the family history with buying cars from them you would have had my business. Super6 if it wasnít for YOU, and the men and women of Team Camaro up in Oshawa my dream would have never ended up like it did. You just perfected it!!!! SS-Eric Wow!, this guy isnít just a Car dealer, he is a friend and has been there through the complete process and continues to do so. Thank You for doing EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE and going out of your way to make my car perfect in every way that you did.

To the people who want a New Camaro, but canít afford one just yet
DONíT GIVE UPÖHave FAITH! There is a time for everything for everyone!

Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 05-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Congrats nice write up

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #3 of 39 Old 05-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Veteran Member

Nice write up JnH, congrats on member of the month!

Go to http://www.cheers*****.com/Camaro.html to view picictures of my Camaro!

post #4 of 39 Old 05-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member

Wow kind of give you a warm Feeling seeing your car on the front page of a Camaro Website. ( Hard work does pay off indeed )

Thanks Guys And Thank You Tim/Josh and everyone who Voted

" HAVE FAITH " I dont think Scott could have said it any better.
post #5 of 39 Old 05-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Veteran Member

Congrats!!! Awesome rep for MC, Camaro and GM!

Sept '10 Member of the Month

Track your Camaro @ www.gmconnects.com

"Bella" 2SS/RS, ABM, L99, Foose Chrome Legends, Heritage Grille, Corsa CB, K&N CAI
[email protected]
post #6 of 39 Old 05-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Veteran Member

huge congrats david!!!

well earned win and absolutely great pic that you chose!!

welcome to alberta we eat cow, drill oil and rope calves

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #7 of 39 Old 05-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Veteran Member

Congrats!

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #8 of 39 Old 05-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Veteran Member

Congrats!!!

JBA Cat Back Exhaust
Pfadt Adjustable Sport Sway Bars
Pfadt Drop Springs
Misc Appearance Changes

Other Car~93 SVT Lightning #260 w/408
post #9 of 39 Old 05-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member

CONGRATS, JnH!!

great write up. i'm so glad you finally got to realize your dream and get your new Camaro (with no hail damage!). it's a great feeling!

and, yup, Eric is the man!

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #10 of 39 Old 05-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Veteran Member

CONGRATS!!!

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page