September 2010 Member/Car of the Month: CCC!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 104 Old 09-13-2010, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

September 2010 Member/Car of the Month: CCC!!

Congratulations CCC for being September's Member/Car of the month here on
ModernCamaro.com!

Thank you so very much! And thanks to all that participated in the voting, I am honored and thrilled.

Ok let’s get started with a few questions.

What got you started with your love for the Camaro?

Well, when I was little, even though I loved girlie stuff, I also loved cars, and my Hot Wheels collection. I was the little girl playing in the mud with the boys, could not wait until after school to show off my new cars and “race”. As I got older, my love affair with muscle cars began. At 16, I wanted a ’69 Camaro so bad, but my step dad (he was a Ford guy and awesome person, I miss him dearly) surprised me with a 1972 Ford Maverick with a 302 V8, two door, black interior with bucket seats, wide back tires. We worked on it together, and he had it painted burgundy with black stripes. I have to say, it was such a fun car, well, until I destroyed it, and my driving was put on hold for a while. Soon after, I was married, and within a few years, two kids, so my Camaro dream would have to wait……

What’s the story behind your 5th gen?

I have always loved keeping up with concept cars, getting updates as they were unveiled, but when the Camaro design came out a few years ago, I was 16 again! That feeling, that love as a kid all came rushing back. I had liked other generations, and we bought a black 1985 Camaro Z28 for our son for his 16th birthday. But this was finally going to be my time, my dream car, but I had no idea just how much it would mean to me and change my life. And then this wonderful little movie came out called Transformers, and I saw what I had dreamed of all those years on that screen, and that GM stayed true to the concept. You remember that moment? You know, when your heart skipped a beat? And like me, you had to own one! From the time I ordered my car, waiting for her to be born (this was the time she would be named Bella), and tracking her way home, it was an extraordinary experience. One which introduced me to an exceptional group of people, and a few of which have become cherished friends. You see, and many know, this is not just a car, it’s a way of life. Years from now, I will look back and say this was one of the happiest times of my life………and Oreos will forever be a part of her story ;-)!!

How did you come across ModernCamaro.com and what made you stick around?

Actually, I came across ModernCamaro.com after I picked up my car, on recommendation of those I had met on another site. I wanted to find a new place to share my love of this car, and to help others awaiting their cars as I had in tracking mine, paying it forward so to speak. And I have truly enjoyed the positive views and supportive attitudes of all the members, it has been so very refreshing.

Finally do you have anything you’d like to say to ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

Each story, each Camaro dream is unique, but the love affair we have with this car is a shared joy. Our personality and passions we show through mods to our cars, simple or one of a kind, forever join us as Camaro brethren. And as we look to the future of Camaro design, we can look back at this moment and know we were part of the rebirth of the muscle car. I want to thank those who built Bella (thank you Mike Judge and Team Camaro in Oshawa) and family and friends who continue to understand just how much this car means to me and defines who I have always been. And to my step dad Chris, you would have loved her!

Lisa
Aka – CajunCamaroChic

Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 104 Old 09-13-2010, 09:56 AM
Veteran Member

Congrats Lisa!!!

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.....it's an experience!"

Need to contact me? layssenATaol.com
post #3 of 104 Old 09-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Congrats Lisa!!!
Thank you Hylton!

Sept '10 Member of the Month

Track your Camaro @ www.gmconnects.com

"Bella" 2SS/RS, ABM, L99, Foose Chrome Legends, Heritage Grille, Corsa CB, K&N CAI
[email protected]

post #4 of 104 Old 09-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Veteran Member

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY congrats lisa!!!!

i never knew you used to be a ford girl

great story

great write up

and a most deserving win to you and bella

welcome to alberta we eat cow, drill oil and rope calves

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #5 of 104 Old 09-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Veteran Member

CONGRATS!!!

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #6 of 104 Old 09-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Veteran Member

Congrats Lisa this is a Well deserved MOTM award !

Couldnt have gone to anyone else with such a strong Heart towards Cars and Friendship

Kitty she isnt a ford Girl "FacePalm" she was given one for her first car which got her from point A to point B that doesnt call her a Ford Girl lol
ITs ok to be different we all know you have your "FAULT" j/k
post #7 of 104 Old 09-13-2010, 10:20 AM

Aweee..Lisa you are so **** wonderful and what a great interview.....I love ya and always will....You rock....you roll...and you love that Bella in ways that we probably should not know...lol
post #8 of 104 Old 09-13-2010, 10:22 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY congrats lisa!!!!

i never knew you used to be a ford girl

great story

great write up

and a most deserving win to you and bella
Thanks Kitty!!! Yes, I've loved all sorts of cars, but Camaros have always been my first love and I now have mine!

"Bella" 2SS/RS, ABM, L99, Foose Chrome Legends, Heritage Grille, Corsa CB, K&N CAI
[email protected]
post #9 of 104 Old 09-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
Congrats Lisa this is a Well deserved MOTM award !

Couldnt have gone to anyone else with such a strong Heart towards Cars and Friendship

Kitty she isnt a ford Girl "FacePalm" she was given one for her first car which got her from point A to point B that doesnt call her a Ford Girl lol
ITs ok to be different we all know you have your "FAULT" j/k
Thanks my Texas sweetie!!

[email protected]
post #10 of 104 Old 09-13-2010, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Aweee..Lisa you are so **** wonderful and what a great interview.....I love ya and always will....You rock....you roll...and you love that Bella in ways that we probably should not know...lol
Aww, Larry, you are the best!!!! Luv you bunches!

And yes, you know me too well

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page