October 2010 Member/Car of the Month: KITTY! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 85 Old 10-11-2010, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

October 2010 Member/Car of the Month: KITTY!

Congratulations Kitty for being October's Member/Car of the month here on ModernCamaro.com!

Thank you very much JoSSh and a very heartfelt thank you to each and every one of the members that voted for me and my car. It truly is an honour to be named October's Member of the Month.

Ok let’s get started with a few questions.

What got you started with your love for the Camaro?

I have always had a love for anything with 4 spinning wheels, whether it was a big jacked up truck or rare old school muscle. So long as it had the horsepower I was interested in driving it, wrenching on it and taking it to it's limits. The love for the 5th Gen Camaro absolutely 100% without a doubt came from Transformers!!! When I first found out that they were making a new movie I knew I was going to watch it over and over again. The release day that it was in our local theatre I was standing in line for over and hour to get good seats to see it. Little did i know how significant watching that movie for the first time would be. When BumbleBee came rolling into the screen my jaw hit the floor and to this day I still get excited when I watch that part of the movie. I vowed then and there that I WILL own a new Camaro.

What’s the story behind your 5th gen?

My first real life experience with the 5th Gen Camaro came in the summer of 2009. I was working at a Chevrolet dealership at a time and due to being a "small town dealer" we were quite low on the list for receiving the new Camaros. The first car that came to our lot was a black V6 auto. As soon as I laid eyes on the car I knew I had to drive her. After a lot of begging and pleading (and I do mean A LOT) my General Manager finally caved and let me take it for a drive. I was so excited I was shaking and it was love at first drive. However life at the time just was not allowing another vehicle to be brought into our fleet.

On the evening of October 9th 2009 I recieved a phone call that has forever changed my life. My brother called to inform me that my father had suffered a massive brain hemmorage and was not going to live through the night. I crumpled under the weight of emotions that hit me and got loaded into my boyfriend's truck to start the 10 hour drive to see my father for the last time. Three hours into the trip I recieved another call asking to make the decision to remove my father from life support. That was not a decision I was prepared to make still being 7 hours away. My family and I made the call to keep him on life support until I arrived and could say my final goodbye. On the morning of October 10th 2009 I held my father's hand and watched as his body couldn't remember how to breathe.

By December the estate had been settled and my portion of my father's inheritance had been sent to me. My boyfriend and I had spent alot of time discussing how I wanted to use the funds. On my way to work one morning I sent him a message stating that I would like to get my 2010 Camaro. He readily agreed and on Feb 10 2010 I left my deposit and started the anguishing wait for my car to arrive.

On April 15th I got to see my car for the first time and couldn't stop the tears from free-flowing. It wasn't the car that I was needing, I just wanted a little more time with my father. In a way, every time I get in my Camaro, I get my wish because I know that he is there with me.

How did you come across ModernCamaro.com and what made you stick around?

After I placed the order for my car I wanted to start researching anything and everything I could. Google search brought me to this amazing website and after reading and reading, and reading some more it was the people and how they treated each other that made my decision to register an easy one. It still took me a few days to start posting and now moderncamaro is my daily goto website for everything 5th Gen Camaro related.

Finally do you have anything you’d like to say to ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

I would once again like to thank the members that nominated me for Member of the Month time and time again, and an even bigger thank you to everyone that voted for me making October 2010 my month.

Some special thanks are going out to:

Bamaproshop for being such an amazing person and always there to listen when I needed a shoulder to lean on

Ravirn thank you for being you and sharing the time that we have had together and many more rowdy nights and memories to come. Also for the amazing pictures that are attached to this interview

CCC and Anna for being two of the most inspiring women that I have never met but am anxiously awaiting for Oshawa 2011

Tim, JoSSh and all of the staff here at ModernCamaro.com and to all of the other members that I have chatted with and those I have not had the pleasure of talking to yet.

THANK YOU

Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 85 Old 10-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Veteran Member

great story! and congrats!!! you DESERVE it!!!

welcome to the MOTM club!

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!

Last edited by RedJewel2SS; 10-11-2010 at 04:26 PM.
post #3 of 85 Old 10-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Veteran Member

so now that we've had a full year of MOTM's (October 2009 - September 2010), will we see a Member/Car of the Year Award???

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!

post #4 of 85 Old 10-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post
great story! and congrats!!! you DESERVE it!!!

welcome to the MOTM club!
Thanks RJ

welcome to alberta we eat cow, drill oil and rope calves

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #5 of 85 Old 10-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Premium Member

Congrats Kitty,you ROCK....
post #6 of 85 Old 10-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Veteran Member

CONGRATS

(Larry)
(Bruce USA-1 Larson) (Bill Grumpy Jenkins) (Jungle Jim Liberman) ( http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...stscano7-1.jpg )
post #7 of 85 Old 10-11-2010, 04:41 PM

Whooooo hooo! Congratulations, Kitty!

"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants... and slide on the ice." Sidney Friedman

"A hero is made in the moment, not from questioning the past or fearing what's to come."
post #8 of 85 Old 10-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Veteran Member

thank you so much guys. it means so much to me to have and share this special honour with so many other amazing members and their cars on this site

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #9 of 85 Old 10-11-2010, 04:48 PM

A huge Congratulations to you, Kitty!!!

You totally deserve it!!!
post #10 of 85 Old 10-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar'n'Spice View Post
A huge Congratulations to you, Kitty!!!

You totally deserve it!!!
Thank you Joanne!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page