December 2010 Member/Car of the Month: 2010_5thgen! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 Old 12-07-2010, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

December 2010 Member/Car of the Month: 2010_5thgen!

Congratulations 2010_5thgen for being December's Member/Car of the month here on ModernCamaro.com!

What got you started with your love for the Camaro?

My dad is really the one who got me started on not only Camaro's, but cars in general. He always took me to the Cleveland Auto show every year when I was little. He was always a Vette guy and i like them, but I'm die hard Camaro(f-body). The time I knew I was a "Camaro guy", was when I probably 12 years old. I fell in love with the 1995 Z28. I had brochures from the car show and I would plan everything out that I wanted on the car like I was placing an order for it. The years went on an I turned 16. I was still in love with the Camaro and right before I got my license the 98 Camaro came out redesigned. I was with my family at the dealership and they were looking for a new car. There, in the showroom,was sitting a beautiful black 98 SS Camaro. I knew that was the car for me. I told my step mom, " I'm gonna have one of those." She just laughed at me and said "yeah right." Well my first car was a bright red 1999 Camaro V6 auto with T tops. It was a great first car. Really made me respect cars and this is what got me into detailing cars.It was leased and had to be turned back in 3 years later. At this point I bought a 1999 trans am. Bright red,T-Tops, Manual. I ended up getting the car on the Cover of Pontiac High Performance Magazine in May 2005. Had that for 4 years and sold it as soon as i saw the concept pictures for the Concept Camaro.

What’s the story behind your 5th gen?

Well, after I sold my 99 Trans Am in February 2006, i decided to start saving for the New Camaro. Not even knowing it was going to be produced yet. Now this was the longest wait EVER for a car! I wanted to be one of the first to order the new Camaro. And this was going to be a very special car to me so I wanted it to have everything on it that I wanted. This car is definitely a keeper. So, October 2008,I was at the dealership at 7:30 the first day orders could be placed. June 2009 my car finally came in. #10154. what a long wait. As soon as i got in it and drove off, not sure why, but I got emotional. Maybe it was all the waiting. Maybe emotions from my step dad passing away months before. Maybe memories of that 95 Z28 I wanted when i was 12. But this car got to me good.

How did you come across ModernCamaro.com and what made you stick around?

I came across ModernCamaro.com back when it was 5thgen.org. I was on another web site and I saw that there was a special Camaro preview at the Cleveland Auto Show. It forwarded me to this site to sign up for it. I signed up and enjoyed being here that i decided to stick around. I'm sure some of you wish I hadn't.

Finally do you have anything you’d like to say to ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

I just want to say thank you for letting me be part of this community. I know I'm a PITA, but i really enjoy this site. Its been a huge learning experience for me. The people on this site have taught me many things. From technical tips, to performance and suspension tips. I look forward to meeting many of you eventually. So thank you again and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 Old 12-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Veteran Member

Yes you are a PIA but guess what ? So am I

Congrats on MOTM as much as you have put into your car and the advice you have given and taken thats what makes you a good canidate for MOTM.

What makes a camaro special is the memories they bring to us through out the years. Mentioning your Parents shows you do have a heart and grew up a Camaro lover who dreamed of owning one and your dream came true.

PIA of the month also

Congrats

Last edited by Jekyll-N-Hyde; 12-07-2010 at 09:54 PM.
post #3 of 49 Old 12-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Congrats great write up

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.

post #4 of 49 Old 12-08-2010, 04:48 AM
Premium Member

Congrats even if you are a PITA.
post #5 of 49 Old 12-08-2010, 04:57 AM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
Congrats

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
post #6 of 49 Old 12-08-2010, 05:21 AM

congrats - and sweet car!

Performance Mods: Stage 2 Cam Kit, Pipeline CAI, MGW Shifter, Lingenfelter ZR1 clutch, SSW 1 7/8" Headers, 3" Magnaflow exh., Tune by G-Force Motorsports, 477 RWHP
Exterior Mods: PFADT drop springs, Narrow Black Rally stripes, Herritage Grill, TSW Nurburgring Wheels with 305/35 ZR20s out back & 275/40 ZR20s up front.
post #7 of 49 Old 12-08-2010, 05:32 AM
Veteran Member

thanks everyone. sorry my pictures suck so bad. the car changes so quickly that i havent gotten any good pictures of it lately.

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium
post #8 of 49 Old 12-08-2010, 06:29 AM
Support MC & Troops

Wow, that's real cool & all, Congrats for winning 2010 5thgen.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #9 of 49 Old 12-08-2010, 06:34 AM
Veteran Member

Congrats!

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.....it's an experience!"

Need to contact me? layssenATaol.com
post #10 of 49 Old 12-08-2010, 06:58 AM

Congrats

2010 1LT RS, M6, Silver w/black stripes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page